Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Biggest concern
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I think Roseman has done a very credible job of restocking the shelves with good product. None of the players were big name, high ticket guys but they all seem to fit the schemes the team will be using. The glaring holes they had in January have been spackled, sanded and primed. This isn't a finished Super Bowl team, but the foundation is there to build with.

Hiring a 4-3 DC to work with what many believe is 4-3 talent was a logical move, hiring a coach with the reputation of success to pair with a rookie HC was needed. My concern remains with the HC. I don't know how good of an OC Doug is and it's not the most important thing to me. I don't know if he can lead the team through adversity ... which they're likely to have this year ... and I don't know if he can motivate the players to raise their level of performance. Neither point is unusual in a rookie coach, but Pederson's delivery makes me wonder if he can do those things. I remember when the team hired Reid, he had an intense, take-no-shit look in his eye and Doug seems to have a "let's-all-get-along" look and feel to him.

The talent, the systems and the staff don't worry me much. The HC does.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 15 2016, 08:10 PM) *
I think Roseman has done a very credible job of restocking the shelves with good product. None of the players were big name, high ticket guys but they all seem to fit the schemes the team will be using. The glaring holes they had in January have been spackled, sanded and primed. This isn't a finished Super Bowl team, but the foundation is there to build with.

Hiring a 4-3 DC to work with what many believe is 4-3 talent was a logical move, hiring a coach with the reputation of success to pair with a rookie HC was needed. My concern remains with the HC. I don't know how good of an OC Doug is and it's not the most important thing to me. I don't know if he can lead the team through adversity ... which they're likely to have this year ... and I don't know if he can motivate the players to raise their level of performance. Neither point is unusual in a rookie coach, but Pederson's delivery makes me wonder if he can do those things. I remember when the team hired Reid, he had an intense, take-no-shit look in his eye and Doug seems to have a "let's-all-get-along" look and feel to him.

He presents very well. But he was voted worst HC hire a month or so ago.

My concern is his play calling and Howie's staff ability to draft the right guys after some shrewd draft board moves.
Joegrane
If you have player-leaders with strong leadership and fire--Dawk--maybe you can get away with a coach that is not so strong in that area.

If the OC, Reich, is doing most of the play-calling, the HC doesn't have to be great in that area either.

Hopefully it will come together but I don't expect that to happen in the first half of this year.

QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 15 2016, 09:10 PM) *
...Reid, he had an intense, take-no-shit look in his eye and Doug seems to have a "let's-all-get-along" look and feel to him.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 15 2016, 09:33 PM) *
My concern is his play calling and Howie's staff ability to draft the right guys after some shrewd draft board moves.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 15 2016, 09:33 PM) *
He presents very well. But he was voted worst HC hire a month or so ago.

Actually Macadoo and Mularkey were ranked worse...that was on NFL.com

You site Ian O'Connor on ESPN...actually you don't cite him...you provide the line but present it as if it is a league wide pronouncement...

I just hope howie drafts a long snapper....lol

Eyrie
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Apr 16 2016, 05:25 AM) *
If the OC, Reich, is doing most of the play-calling, the HC doesn't have to be great in that area either.

Problem is that Pederson ahs said he'll be doing that himself, with Reich then relaying the calls to the QB. It's a bad move for two reasons - firstly it slows everything down by having to repeat the call and secondly as a rookie HC Pederson should be focusing on the overall game and not being distracted by micro-managing one side of the ball.

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 16 2016, 05:27 AM) *
I just hope howie drafts a long snapper....lol

You left out that you want the LS at #8 biggrin.gif
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Apr 16 2016, 05:50 AM) *
You left out that you want the LS at #8 biggrin.gif

I thought that was a given....wouldn't you?

police.gif police.gif police.gif devil03.gif devil03.gif devil03.gif
nephillymike
I wonder what the highest a LS was ever drafted, if ever drafted??
Eyrie
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 16 2016, 04:24 PM) *
I thought that was a given....wouldn't you?

police.gif police.gif police.gif devil03.gif devil03.gif devil03.gif

You'd take a LS ahead of Marcus Smith or Danny Watkins? ohmy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.