Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Schedule out
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Regular Season

Sunday, September 11 Cleveland Browns 1:00 pm CBS

Monday, September 19 at Chicago Bears 8:30 pm ESPN

Sunday, September 25 Pittsburgh Steelers 4:25 pm CBS

Sunday, October 2 BYE

Sunday, October 16 at Washington Redskins 1:00 pm FOX

Sunday, October 23 Minnesota Vikings 1:00 pm FOX

Sunday, October 30 at Dallas Cowboys 8:30 pm NBC

Sunday, November 6 at New York Giants 1:00 pm FOX

Sunday, November 13 Atlanta Falcons 1:00 pm FOX

Sunday, November 20 at Seattle Seahawks 4:25 pm CBS

Monday, November 28 Green Bay Packers 8:30 pm ESPN

Sunday, December 4 at Cincinnati Bengals 1:00 pm FOX

Sunday, December 11 Washington Redskins 1:00 pm FOX

Sunday, December 18 at Baltimore Ravens 1:00 pm FOX

Thursday, December 22 New York Giants 8:25 pm NBC/NFLN/Twitter

Sunday, January 1 Dallas Cowboys 1:00 pm FOX
here ...

Early friggin bye and what looks like a challenging season.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 14 2016, 09:06 PM) *
here ...

How the hell did we get all three home NFCE games in December?
Joegrane
The first four weeks are about as good as one could hope when a team is learning new systems.

The remainder of the season looks to be a long grind. They could have a 4 game losing streak and not be a bad team.

By the end of the season the coaches will be challenged to keep the players hungry for Ws. If they could put together a 3 or 4 game winning streak at the end of the season, it would set them up well for the following year.

Who are the QBs expected to go in the Top 10...in 2017? : (

If we draft one, which team will trade for Sammy B? ( I added that just for you, RF : )

QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 14 2016, 09:06 PM) *
here ...

Eagle2720
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Apr 14 2016, 09:39 PM) *
Who are the QBs expected to go in the Top 10...in 2017? : (

Early projections have Watson and Kaaya as the top two but outside of them I have no idea, would love Watson though.

If we could get on a hot streak during the first half of the season then maybe we could take one of those games during that difficult 3 game stretch of Sea,GB,Cincy. Finishing up with 3 home games against division rivals is the first time in franchise history.
nephillymike
I get 7-9.

First blush, that's lower than I would have expected.
Eagle2720
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 14 2016, 09:55 PM) *
I get 7-9.

I have 8-8
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 14 2016, 09:55 PM) *
I get 7-9.

With all of the unknowns on the team I'm not sure how anyone could reasonably guess. At this point, I could see 4 wins or 9 wins out of that schedule.
xsv
I am probably going to shoot for going to Philly for the season opener against the Browns.
Zero
jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif

jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif
nd9kel
Our schedule is ranked 26th in strength/Washington is 17th/Dallas is 27th/NY is 30th:

T-1. San Francisco 49ers: 142-114, .555

T-1. Atlanta Falcons: 142-114, .555

3. Los Angeles Rams: 141-115, .551

4. New Orleans Saints: 140-116, .547

T-5. Seattle Seahawks: 139-117, .543

T-5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 139-117, .543

T-7. Arizona Cardinals: 136-120, .531

T-7. New York Jets: 136-120, .531

9. New England Patriots: 134-122, .523

10. Buffalo Bills: 133-123, .520

11. Miami Dolphins: 132-124, .516

12. Carolina Panthers: 131-125, .512

13. San Diego Chargers: 130-126, .508

14. Denver Broncos: 129-127, .504

15. Oakland Raiders: 128-128, .500

16. Kansas City Chiefs: 127-129, .496

17. Washington Redskins: 126-130, .492

18. Minnesota Vikings: 125-131, .488

T-19. Houston Texans: 124-132, .484

T-19. Baltimore Ravens: 124-132, .484

21. Cleveland Browns: 123-133, .480

22. Indianapolis Colts: 122-134, .477

T-23. Pittsburgh Steelers: 121-135, .473

T-23. Tennessee Titans: 121-135, .473

T-23. Jacksonville Jaguars: 121-135, .473

26. Philadelphia Eagles: 120-136, .469

T-27. Cincinnati Bengals: 119-137, .465

T-27. Detroit Lions: 119-137, .465

T-27. Dallas Cowboys: 119-137, .465

T-30. Chicago Bears: 118-138, .461

T-30. New York Giants: 118-138, .461

32. Green Bay Packers: 117-139, .457
xsv
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 15 2016, 07:12 AM) *

Indeed.

And the club scene afterwards!
Joegrane
Thanks for the post. However, that is skewed by the injury to Romo last year. If he is healthy, they are playoff contenders.

[quote name='nd9kel' date='Apr 15 2016, 07:21 AM' post='286228']
Our schedule is ranked 26th in strength/Washington is 17th/Dallas is 27th/NY is 30th:
nd9kel
No doubt 2016 will see shifting strengths. But Romo has steadily been a big "IF" in the injury department. In fact, I think we can count on it. That collarbone is waiting for the next sack to end his career.

Eli will be Eli...Mr. Inconsistent.

Cousins got a great contract, but we haven't seen him pull off a whole year.

IF Bradford can keep trending in the direction of late last year, I like our chances. Especially with that schedule.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 15 2016, 06:27 AM) *
With all of the unknowns on the team I'm not sure how anyone could reasonably guess. At this point, I could see 4 wins or 9 wins out of that schedule.

I wouldn't guess at all until the end of August. I'd wager there will be a lot less 12-4/NFCCG predictions this year.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Apr 15 2016, 02:13 PM) *
I wouldn't guess at all until the end of August. I'd wager there will be a lot less 12-4/NFCCG predictions this year.

You are right.....13-3..... ka.gif
The Franchise
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 15 2016, 01:44 PM) *
You are right.....13-3..... ka.gif

OH SNAP!
D Rock
WTF?!?!?! 3 consecutive weeks facing opponents coming off their bye?!?!?
Zero
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 15 2016, 05:03 PM) *
Yeah, no shit!
Zero
Here's a look at what the competition does before and after:
Sunday, September 11 Cleveland Browns - n/a, Ravens
Monday, September 19 at Chicago Bears - Texans, Cowboys
Sunday, September 25 Pittsburgh Steelers - Bengals, Chiefs
Sunday, October 2 BYE
Sunday, October 16 at Washington Redskins - Ravens, Lions
Sunday, October 23 Minnesota Vikings - BYE, Bears
Sunday, October 30 at Dallas Cowboys - BYE, Browns
Sunday, November 6 at New York Giants - BYE, Bengals
Sunday, November 13 Atlanta Falcons - Tampa, BYE
Sunday, November 20 at Seattle Seahawks - Pats, Tampa
Monday, November 28 Green Bay Packers - Redskins, Texans
Sunday, December 4 at Cincinnati Bengals - Ravens, Browns
Sunday, December 11 Washington Redskins - Cards, Panthers
Sunday, December 18 at Baltimore Ravens - Pats (Mon), Steelers
Thursday, December 22 New York Giants - Lions, Redskins
Sunday, January 1 Dallas Cowboys - Lions (Mon), n/a
Phits
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Apr 15 2016, 02:13 PM) *

16-0 ... and still miss the playoffs.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Phits @ Apr 15 2016, 06:14 PM) *
16-0 ... and still miss the playoffs.

laugh.gif

Well, if there's one franchise that could pull that off.....
Joegrane
Yikes, which weeks do they face opponents coming of the bye?

QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 15 2016, 05:03 PM) *

D Rock
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Apr 15 2016, 11:46 PM) *
Yikes, which weeks do they face opponents coming of the bye?

starting in the 3rd week of October...

minny
dullass
vagiants

All coming off a bye. Both division games on the road.
Eyrie
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 15 2016, 11:48 PM) *
starting in the 3rd week of October...

minny
dullass
vagiants

All coming off a bye. Both division games on the road.

And all three should be decent teams. It would be different if a couple are expected to struggle in 2016.
nephillymike
I took a closer look and honestly was expecting an easy improvement from my 7-9.

Using Sagarin's final ratings and the standard 3 points for home field, our schedule is much tougher that I thought or than advertised.

I think I forgot just how bad we were at the end of last year!

http://sagarin.com/sports/nflsend.htm

From easiest predicted win, to toughest loss:

5 wins
vs. CLE = 7.5 pt fav
vs. DAL = 5.5 pt fav
vs NYG = 3.5 pt fav
vs. ATL = 3.0 pt fav
vs. WAS = 2.5 pt fav

11 losses
@ DAL = 0.5 pt dog
@ CHI = 2.5 pt dog
@ NYG = 2.5 pt dog
vs. MIN = 3.0 pt dog
@ BAL = 3.0 pt dog
@ WAS = 3.5 pt dog
vs PIT = 5.0 pt dog
@ DET = 5.0 pt dog
vs GB = 5.0 pt dog
@ CIN = 11.5 pt dog
@ SEA = 13.5 pt dog

Sure anything can happen and these things don't always hold true, but this is shocking in that I thought this little exercise would get me back to 8-8.

I also didn't look at other factors such as byes for us, byes for others etc, but even if that is one game in our favor then we're still at 6-10.

Also, the one team that was flukish last year was DAL b/c of Romo and a stronger DAL makes this tougher.

Look to Vegas,which tends to even it out a bit, and on one hand, we're the 6th worst SB winning odds, but we're 21st best in wins at 7.5.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2016/2/26/1...to-win-nfc-east

http://www.wagertalk.com/news/5320-2/

If nothing else, it seems we're not in high regard.

That's OK. Last year we heard all of the SB predictions so maybe this will turn out better.

Maybe we will be back in the range to draft a QB next year after all......... devil03.gif
Joegrane
When I looked at the schedule I had a hard time finding 7 wins.

Another group member reported that we face several teams coming off a bye! : (

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 16 2016, 03:46 PM) *
I took a closer look and honestly was expecting an easy improvement from my 7-9.

Using Sagarin's final ratings and the standard 3 points for home field, our schedule is much tougher tha[n] I thought or than advertised.
5 wins
11 losses

Also, the one team that was flukish last year was DAL b/c of Romo and a stronger DAL makes this tougher.

Maybe we will be back in the range to draft a QB next year after all......

Rick
And we get screwed again, facing 3 straight teams coming off a bye and our bye is in Week 4...

-->clicky<--
Zero
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Apr 16 2016, 05:25 PM) *
Another group member reported that we face several teams coming off a bye! : (
It's detailed above in this thread:
Sunday, October 23 Minnesota Vikings - BYE, Bears
Sunday, October 30 at Dallas Cowboys - BYE, Browns
Sunday, November 6 at New York Giants - BYE, Bengals

nephillymike
The only saving thing about that three game bye screw is that they are likely losses anyway.

It didn't turn a game as a favorite into a dog situation.

I know, slim positive, but figured I'd mention it.
Reality Fan
Peter King thinks they can win 12 games.......

Take that!!!

Damn...you guys are serious bummers......remember Chip's first year?
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 17 2016, 10:32 AM) *
Peter King thinks they can win 12 games.......

Take that!!!

Damn...you guys are serious bummers......remember Chip's first year?

In fairness, last year we did the same thing and came up with 10,11,12 and 13 wins!!

I lost a Benny betting the over 9.5 wins last year. sad.gif Thought that one was a sure bet.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 17 2016, 11:46 AM) *
In fairness, last year we did the same thing and came up with 10,11,12 and 13 wins!!

I lost a Benny betting the over 9.5 wins last year. sad.gif Thought that one was a sure bet.

I am in for 5 on the over at 7.5
The Franchise
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 17 2016, 11:46 AM) *

I wish I was your bookie.

As for our win total being o/u 7.5, that's about what I was expecting. I'd expect it to rise by at least a full game before the season starts. And I'd probably still take the over.
Dreagon
Sheesh! How many of the past ten years have we finished the season by playing you guys?
D Rock
Seeing teams after their bye is a huge disadvantage. It essentially strips us of any slight advantage we'd have with less available film for a team under a new coach and scheme.
nephillymike
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Apr 17 2016, 02:47 PM) *
I wish I was your bookie.

As for our win total being o/u 7.5, that's about what I was expecting. I'd expect it to rise by at least a full game before the season starts. And I'd probably still take the over.

So you'd be the over 8.5 this year, but not the over 9.5 last year?

Why?

BTW, I struck a deal with my bookie. In lieu of paying him directly and have him pay his kids college education on my tab, I opened up a 529 plan as his kid as beneficiary. This way I put the "contribution" in there and I can get a PA State deduction for the contribution and his kid gets tax free appreciation of the earnings on my money!!

Accounting humor is rampant this time of year!!
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 17 2016, 05:26 PM) *
Seeing teams after their bye is a huge disadvantage. It essentially strips us of any slight advantage we'd have with less available film for a team under a new coach and scheme.

One could argue that a new coach/scheme has an "advantage" over the league in his rookie season.
The Franchise
So you'd be the over 8.5 this year, but not the over 9.5 last year?

Why?

We had just finished unloading several All-Pro players, and we had a coach who clearly was losing the locker room, on top of him being a terrible coach anyway. On top of that, we were about to throw Sam Bradford on the field for the first time in 2 years, with shitty WR's, and mercenary RB's who were brand new to the system. I'll never understand how any rational person could predict them going 12-4, other than out of pure excitement over the new season. 6-10 sounded about right, and if they let Chip coach that last game, I would've been right on the money.

Bradford looked excellent to end the year, and I have faith in Pederson to quickly turn this thing around. One of the things I expect from him is to utilize Ertz properly, which will be huge. And Schwartz as DC will take care of the rest. It's way too early to make season predictions, but I wouldn't be surprised to see us bounce back and win 10 games. The only thing that gives me pause is the schedule - we really got fucked with an early bye and facing several teams in a row off their bye.

BTW, I struck a deal with my bookie. In lieu of paying him directly and have him pay his kids college education on my tab, I opened up a 529 plan as his kid as beneficiary. This way I put the "contribution" in there and I can get a PA State deduction for the contribution and his kid gets tax free appreciation of the earnings on my money!!

Accounting humor is rampant this time of year!!

What, you don't just write off your gambling losses and hope you fly under Uncle Sam's radar? Or as a business owner (if you are one), wine and dine your bookie, call it a networking event, and do the same? biggrin.gif

D Rock
QUOTE (Phits @ Apr 18 2016, 01:55 AM) *
One could argue that a new coach/scheme has an "advantage" over the league in his rookie season.

Is that not what I said? Facing so many teams coming off the bye essentially removes that advantage.
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 18 2016, 03:27 PM) *
Is that not what I said? Facing so many teams coming off the bye essentially removes that advantage.

I had to repeat it. It was hard to believe that we agreed on something.
D Rock
laugh.gif
Phits
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Apr 18 2016, 03:25 PM) *
Bradford looked excellent to end the year

He looked good, not excellent, but that doesn't erase the memory of how horrible and skittish he looked for the majority of the season.
and I have faith in Pederson to quickly turn this thing around.

Why? Is it the fact that we were the only team interested in him as our puppet to do our faux GM's bidding? To date he hasn't done anything to make 'a rational' person confident in his ability as a HC.
The Franchise
He looked good, not excellent, but that doesn't erase the memory of how horrible and skittish he looked for the majority of the season.

His QB rating the last 7 games was around 100. And again, this is while passing to receivers who don't belong on the field, with a terrible head coach calling plays. I give him credit for staying alive the whole year with some of the hits he took.

To date he hasn't done anything to make 'a rational' person confident in his ability as a HC.

None of us know exactly what's going on behind the scenes, but we can assume that Pederson was 'hired' a month before it was announced, and that he and Roseman are working relatively well together. That being said, this is what has happened:

-Schwartz is DC
-Ertz has been extended
-Cooper is gone
-Maxwell and Alonso are gone
-Randle is here so Bradford can throw to an NFL receiver

I'd say he's winning so far. I've given Reid plenty of well-deserved crap over the years for his stupid gameday coaching, but his mon-sat coaching was as good as anyone's, and I assume that's rubbed off on Pederson. If the guy knows how to call plays and use timeouts/challenges properly, we may be headed towards finally winning something. I have a good vibe about him.
Joegrane
my 'vibe' about him is that he'll be a player's coach, in contrast to Attila the Hun who preceded him.

I don't trust him to really lead the team and get the most out of the talent; however, I don't expect to be terrible either. If his assistants are good, I think they can be successful. I like the odds that Schwartz will do his part.

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Apr 18 2016, 05:55 PM) *
I've given Reid plenty of well-deserved crap over the years for his stupid gameday coaching, but his mon-sat coaching was as good as anyone's, and I assume that's rubbed off on Pederson. If the guy knows how to call plays and use timeouts/challenges properly, we may be headed towards finally winning something. I have a good vibe about him.

Phits
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Apr 18 2016, 05:55 PM) *
His QB rating the last 7 games was around 100.

His QBR was the 3rd worst in the league. I made excuses for him all season, and even after the NE game when he sucked badly... but we got the win so the excuses continued. His showing in the second game vs WAS game sealed his fate for me. He was putrid. No more excuses from this broken hearted Eagles fan. He is unreliable, until he proves differently.

And again, this is while passing to receivers who don't belong on the field, with a terrible head coach calling plays. I give him credit for staying alive the whole year with some of the hits he took.

Well for the sake of our sanity I hope that you're right. The problem for me is this, he has been less than good for the majority of his career. His "good" games have been few and far in between. Some refer to the last half of the season as if he was a world beater, when he was serviceable. Eagles fans are holding out hope for him, the rest of the league already recognizes him for what he is...Matthew Stafford or Jay Cutler in a different body/uniform. They can be stat machines, but are ultimately losers.

None of us know exactly what's going on behind the scenes, but we can assume that Pederson was 'hired' a month before it was announced, and that he and Roseman are working relatively well together. That being said, this is what has happened:

-Schwartz is DC
-Ertz has been extended
-Cooper is gone
-Maxwell and Alonso are gone
-Randle is here so Bradford can throw to an NFL receiver

I'd say he's winning so far. I've given Reid plenty of well-deserved crap over the years for his stupid gameday coaching, but his mon-sat coaching was as good as anyone's, and I assume that's rubbed off on Pederson. If the guy knows how to call plays and use timeouts/challenges properly, we may be headed towards finally winning something. I have a good vibe about him.

Rest assured Doug has no say in the personnel changes, that's all Howie. The weasel is trying to prove something to his father figure, and I hope that it turns out right. My gut tells me something different. Pederson was hired because he knows this is his HC shot. He can be manipulated by management like Garret over there in Dallas.

I have no faith in the franchise to bring home a winner. Our best chance at that was a decade ago, since then we have been resting on our laurels. However, I'm a fan of the Eagles and will cheer them on hoping that I was wrong.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.