Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cox news
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
The Eagles, I have been told, have offered him over $60 million guaranteed. Now that the contract would be worth over $100 million.
But Todd France has told Fletcher Cox not to accept that
Todd France represents other defensive lineman. So, and people believe this in football, that he's trying to get an unbelievable deal for Fletcher Cox so his other players' scale of salary would increase
Linc ...
nephillymike
Wow.

$100M, 60M guaranteed. Not good enough??

You know I'm never shy about spending Jeff's money, but I think I shut down the negotiations in a polite way and let him play out the year and see what happens then. Fletch, we love you but talk to me next March.

Really.

Not enough??

France could be helping us avoid a long term mistake.

Get out Don Howie, get out!!
nd9kel
I saw where Cox tweeted out "Really?", so I'd take this with a large grain of salt.

However, we may see the franchise tag slapped on Cox next year.
Phits
QUOTE (nd9kel @ Apr 12 2016, 08:09 AM) *
I saw where Cox tweeted out "Really?", so I'd take this with a large grain of salt.

However, we may see the franchise tag slapped on Cox next year.

I'd take it with a grain of salt whenever Howie is involved.
GroundedBird
Seems like Cox might be involved in trade talks. Granted, this IS the silly season. trade talk link.

The Philadelphia Eagles get: The 1st pick in the 2016 NFL Draft.
The Tennessee Titans get: The 8th and 77th (3rd round) picks in the 2016 NFL Draft, the 1st round pick in 2017 and Fletcher Cox.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (GroundedBird @ Apr 12 2016, 01:36 PM) *
Seems like Cox might be involved in trade talks. Granted, this IS the silly season. trade talk link.

The Tennessee Titans get: The 8th and 77th (3rd round) picks in the 2016 NFL Draft, the 1st round pick in 2017 and Fletcher Cox.

Talk about a fucking horrible trade.....the guy is clearly on drugs.....serious, serious drugs.....

Eyrie
QUOTE (GroundedBird @ Apr 12 2016, 06:36 PM) *

In exchange for which we would presumably draft a QB to sit for a year or two and hope to get a couple of role players from the remaining late round picks.

Wentz or Goff may be worth the #1 pick, but they're not worth a Ricky Williams trade.
Zero
QUOTE (GroundedBird @ Apr 12 2016, 01:36 PM) *

I'm a DKD, but I'd never, ever do that trade. Maybe 8, 77 and Cox but that even sound one-sided to me.

All this chatter about Goff's hand size and the Eagles love of Wentz may mean they're hoping Goff falls to 8, because the cost of moving up is ridiculous.

Zero
Ooops ...
"For Howard Eskin to come out and say how insane it is and how ridiculous it is ó and then to have a personal attack on me, when I literally donít know if Iíve ever talked to the guy. OK? And if it was itís gotta be years, and years, and years and it surely wasnít about this. I think itís unfair to myself, I think itís unfair to Fletcher Cox to put out that type of misinformation. And you know who else itís unfair to? The fans. Because youíre misleading your Philly fan base."
nephillymike

the Eagles will give up the #8, #77, next year's 2nd and (either Fletch OR next year's #1, not both).

That's a fair trade via the chart.

That's valuing Fletch as a mid first round pick and given the $100M price tag, is prolly right.
Zero
Too much for my blood.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 12 2016, 07:37 PM) *
the Eagles will give up the #8, #77, next year's 2nd and (either Fletch OR next year's #1, not both).

That's a fair trade via the chart.

That's valuing Fletch as a mid first round pick and given the $100M price tag, is prolly right.

You are smoking crack.......you hope to draft a guy like Cox in the top 5 and now that you have him you want to trade him plus the farm?

again....serious, serious drugs.....who is giving you guidance? Ditka?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 12 2016, 07:18 PM) *
Ooops ...

Notice the agent did not say that the moneywas wrong....he blew smoke about the "guaranteed years".....he was grasping at straws....after hearing him I actually believe Eskin which I almost never do....
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 12 2016, 08:52 PM) *
You are smoking crack.......you hope to draft a guy like Cox in the top 5 and now that you have him you want to trade him plus the farm?

again....serious, serious drugs.....who is giving you guidance? Ditka?

What happened to the can't pay $100M mantra?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 12 2016, 10:33 PM) *
What happened to the can't pay $100M mantra?

Let him play out his contract and then franchise him....that gets you 2 years.....decide on what to do after that
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 12 2016, 09:46 PM) *
Let him play out his contract and then franchise him....that gets you 2 years.....decide on what to do after that

Yeah, I hear you. I'd give them the '17 1st rather than Fletch, without a doubt.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.