Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hinkie steps down
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
Oy. Not much else to say.
nephillymike
When you have the worst record in the league, it's not a steep step!!
SAM I Am
That organization is a disaster, and I am being polite about it.
HobbEs
Not surprising since they are bringing in Brian Collangelo. I expect Brett Brown to be the next casualty of The Process. It won't be fair since he was set up to fail but we already have Mike D'Antoni in place. Welcome to the Phoenix Suns East.
Zero
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Apr 7 2016, 09:17 AM) *
Not surprising since they are bringing in Brian Collangelo. I expect Brett Brown to be the next casualty of The Process. It won't be fair since he was set up to fail but we already have Mike D'Antoni in place. Welcome to the Phoenix Suns East.

There's chatter about Jay Wright.
nephillymike
Not a big Hinkie fan, but would have liked him to stay through the draft just to see the fruition of his tankitude.

Then fire him if need be.

But I think they cheated the Hinkster a little bit.

Word is that the NBA powers that be said the Sixers need to stop this tanking shit.

We really only needed this year and then start trying from then on.

I mean, if we get #1 and #4, plus the others, we should be on our way.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 7 2016, 08:24 PM) *
Not a big Hinkie fan, but would have liked him to stay through the draft just to see the fruition of his tankitude.

Then fire him if need be.

But I think they cheated the Hinkster a little bit.

Word is that the NBA powers that be said the Sixers need to stop this tanking shit.

We really only needed this year and then start trying from then on.

I mean, if we get #1 and #4, plus the others, we should be on our way.

I got the tank in year one and in year 2....this year was plain ridiculous...

The funny thing is that everyone is lionizing the guy now. Sportswriters here are wailing about how he was done wrong when they were killing him 3 weeks ago. The guy quit. They wanted to bring in a basketball guy, a 2 time exec of the year by the way, to help with the rebuild and Hinkie said no and quit.

While he may have helped to gather assets I had absolutely no faith in him helping bring in a FA and that will be a huge factor after this draft.
The Franchise
They brought Hinkie in here to tank and accumulate picks. Now that he's done that for years, they want a basketball guy without the stain of tanking to go in there and use those picks. Not sure why this is a surprise.
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 8 2016, 01:37 AM) *
I got the tank in year one and in year 2....this year was plain ridiculous...

The funny thing is that everyone is lionizing the guy now. Sportswriters here are wailing about how he was done wrong when they were killing him 3 weeks ago. The guy quit. They wanted to bring in a basketball guy, a 2 time exec of the year by the way, to help with the rebuild and Hinkie said no and quit.

While he may have helped to gather assets I had absolutely no faith in him helping bring in a FA and that will be a huge factor after this draft.

He was the victim of a few unlucky ping pong balls, and the re injury to Joel. Thats why we had a 3rd year. If Joel hadn't re broke the foot, and we got Deangelo or Wiggins ... we'd be where he was trying to get us.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 8 2016, 04:54 PM) *
He was the victim of a few unlucky ping pong balls, and the re injury to Joel. Thats why we had a 3rd year. If Joel hadn't re broke the foot, and we got Deangelo or Wiggins ... we'd be where he was trying to get us.

Yah. The nba product is a lot more dependent on luck than the other major sports. It's why I'm no longer super interested.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 8 2016, 05:54 PM) *

That was unfortunate but had nothing to do with not signing a decent PG until Colangelo showed up.

Even had Embid played Hinkie had no one at guard to help him develop.

He did a nice job getting picks......I like bringing in a 2 time exec of the year to do the heavy lifting.
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 9 2016, 12:17 AM) *
Even had Embid played Hinkie had no one at guard to help him develop.

That was supposed to be Deangelo. Not resigning Ish was stupid though...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.