Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Phillies Season Officially Over
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
The Franchise
After Day 1, one of our relievers has an ERA of 54.00, and another has an ERA of 'INF,' as in 'infinity,' since he did not record an out and thus calculating his ERA is impossible. And no, I don't know or care what their names are. RAJ destroyed this franchise, but those who employed him for so long still run the show. I think 7 or 8 of these guys are legitimate major league players, several of those being way past their prime. This team could honestly lose 110 games.

Canceling my MLB package was a very wise move.
mcnabbulous
Did you expect something else this year? We will be very bad for at least this year and next. Very bad.

But the future is bright. At least this year we young and bad this year. As opposed to last year when we were old and bad.
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 5 2016, 12:44 PM) *
Did you expect something else this year? We will be very bad for at least this year and next. Very bad.

No, I saw Hellickson leave after 6 shutout innings, and still would've bet my life on us losing. It was more the shock of seeing 'INF' for the first time ever instead of an ERA. I don't watch baseball like I used to, but I've never even heard of that.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Apr 5 2016, 01:04 PM) *
No, I saw Hellickson leave after 6 shutout innings, and still would've bet my life on us losing. It was more the shock of seeing 'INF' for the first time ever instead of an ERA. I don't watch baseball like I used to, but I've never even heard of that.

Oh yeah, that's definitely an early season thing.

We have a real nice future ahead, especially if we hit with #1 overall this year. Things are moving in the right direction.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Apr 5 2016, 01:15 PM) *
After Day 1, one of our relievers has an ERA of 54.00, and another has an ERA of 'INF,' as in 'infinity,' since he did not record an out and thus calculating his ERA is impossible. And no, I don't know or care what their names are. RAJ destroyed this franchise, but those who employed him for so long still run the show. I think 7 or 8 of these guys are legitimate major league players, several of those being way past their prime. This team could honestly lose 110 games.

Canceling my MLB package was a very wise move.

Love reading this idiocy......

Tell you what....lets bet on how many games they lose........I say they lose less than 90 games.....

You get excited over 1 game where a reliever imploded...a guy who may be gone in a few weeks....

and if you claim to have ever watched baseball and never heard of INF for an ERA in the beginning of a season I have to wonder what baseball you followed.....

This team is heading in the right direction, they are loaded with talent and they will be one of the most talked about teams next year.....
HobbEs
Wait, what? It's April 5th...
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 5 2016, 01:57 PM) *
This team is heading in the right direction, they are loaded with talent and they will be one of the most talked about teams next year.....

I think next year would be ahead of schedule. I could see them having a 2015 Astros type season the year after next, but we lack a top of the rotation that can legitimately compete right now. That's going to be tough to fix overnight.

The kid that most people think is the likely #1 choice is a high schooler who probably won't even see the show until 2019 or 2020 at the earliest. It might be a lean couple of years, but it's certainly more exciting than where things were at 2-3 years back.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 5 2016, 03:07 PM) *
I think next year would be ahead of schedule. I could see them having a 2015 Astros type season the year after next, but we lack a top of the rotation that can legitimately compete right now. That's going to be tough to fix overnight.

The kid that most people think is the likely #1 choice is a high schooler who probably won't even see the show until 2019 or 2020 at the earliest. It might be a lean couple of years, but it's certainly more exciting than where things were at 2-3 years back.

Completely disagree.....the MLB is like the NFL....turnarounds are much quicker now...Howard is gone next year as is Ruiz....they will begin spending a ton of FA money next year.....They may not be a top team next year but they will be heading in that direction...hell, even Mcphail is talking about the turnaround taking less time than thought....
The Franchise
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 5 2016, 01:57 PM) *
Love reading this idiocy......

Tell you what....lets bet on how many games they lose........I say they lose less than 90 games.....

You get excited over 1 game where a reliever imploded...a guy who may be gone in a few weeks....

and if you claim to have ever watched baseball and never heard of INF for an ERA in the beginning of a season I have to wonder what baseball you followed.....

You should change your name to Pipe Dream Fan laugh.gif

If you think this team is 'loaded with talent,' I don't know what to tell you, other than to pass me whatever you're smoking. If you want to bet on them winning 72+ games, then Financial Darwinism will surely find you one day - I won't take your money as I would feel bad.

If you think they're 'headed in the right direction,' well yeah, it's hard to argue against cutting our roster of senior citizens and signing a lot of younger guys, but I don't share your optimism about their talent. Most of them don't belong in the big leagues. Franco could be a superstar, and as such he's going to be getting some juicy offers from teams that actually could win a ring. Herrera could be a star too, same thing.

I remember being a fan similar to you once, when I was a small child. The Phillies would lose 90+ games every year, and I wouldn't care, because it was great to go enjoy a game, eat cotton candy, and keep tabs on how many games they needed to win to climb out of the basement. Every Opening Day was amazing, as they were tied for first place. Now, I'm a realist. In a way I envy you. Well, not really. laugh.gif

I agree with you guys that in 4-5 years, with good management (which we don't have), we could be a contender again. However, this is now. We've seen some real stinkers over the year, but this team could very well flirt with the 1962 Mets and the 2003 Tigers for the worst record in modern history.

*edit - as for 'INF,' it was pretty obvious what it meant when I saw it, and obviously it's very rare. But I've never seen it displayed in a box score before, I assumed when a pitcher makes his first appearance of the season and gives up a run without recording an out, it was left blank. Bite me.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 5 2016, 03:16 PM) *
Completely disagree.....the MLB is like the NFL....turnarounds are much quicker now...Howard is gone next year as is Ruiz....they will begin spending a ton of FA money next year.....They may not be a top team next year but they will be heading in that direction...hell, even Mcphail is talking about the turnaround taking less time than thought....

Oh I think they're heading in that direction this year. I just think they have no chance to realistically compete next year. Not with the pitching staff in place and the available options.

Getting Howard and Ruiz off the books certainly offers a great deal of flexibility, but they will have a hard time getting the top of their rotation sorted out for a few years. We have some good, young arms, but there doesn't appear to be a legit ace in the system right now. Nola is solid, but he's a #2 or high end #3.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Apr 5 2016, 04:22 PM) *
You should change your name to Pipe Dream Fan laugh.gif

If you think this team is 'loaded with talent,' I don't know what to tell you, other than to pass me whatever you're smoking. If you want to bet on them winning 72+ games, then Financial Darwinism will surely find you one day - I won't take your money as I would feel bad.

If you think they're 'headed in the right direction,' well yeah, it's hard to argue against cutting our roster of senior citizens and signing a lot of younger guys, but I don't share your optimism about their talent. Most of them don't belong in the big leagues. Franco could be a superstar, and as such he's going to be getting some juicy offers from teams that actually could win a ring. Herrera could be a star too, same thing.

I remember being a fan similar to you once, when I was a small child. The Phillies would lose 90+ games every year, and I wouldn't care, because it was great to go enjoy a game, eat cotton candy, and keep tabs on how many games they needed to win to climb out of the basement. Every Opening Day was amazing, as they were tied for first place. Now, I'm a realist. In a way I envy you. Well, not really. laugh.gif

I agree with you guys that in 4-5 years, with good management (which we don't have), we could be a contender again. However, this is now. We've seen some real stinkers over the year, but this team could very well flirt with the 1962 Mets and the 2003 Tigers for the worst record in modern history.

*edit - as for 'INF,' it was pretty obvious what it meant when I saw it, and obviously it's very rare. But I've never seen it displayed in a box score before, I assumed when a pitcher makes his first appearance of the season and gives up a run without recording an out, it was left blank. Bite me.

You are not a realist...you are one of those guys who is smarter than everybody around you...at least in your head.

You say they have poor management yet you ignore the guy leading the parade is one of the most respected guys in the game so there is the first idiotic point you make. Gillick is still involved which makes you look more foolish and their GM is also widely respected as a good young mind in baseball but what does everybody in baseball know...they are not nearly as smart as you.

And I am not a "oie in the sky" guy, I am just not a negative "I know more than everybody else" idiot.

I don't expect them to be a great team this year or even finish above .500....they will likely lose more games than they win but if you think they do not have a ton of talent throughout their organization than you no little more about baseball than you did when you were eating that cotton candy.

As far as your baseball knowledge goes...Franco is controlled by the team until 2022...way to have a clue.

Stick to looking silly about football.....
mcnabbulous
Fwiw the kid who has a chance to go #1 is from south Jersey. He's a 6'6" lefty, throws 95 with ease and has some nasty breaking stuff. Only 17, so it will be a while, but he's got the #1 stuff you look for (according to everything I've read).
mcnabbulous
Our AA and AAA teams are pretty loaded. If Nick Williams develops, he has a chance to be a star (along with Crawford and Franco who will be stars). There is tons of talent in this franchise. Just because it's not at the MLB level doesn't mean it's not already in the system.

There is a lot to be excited about. The Braves are in a very similar situation. We will likely have some major battles with them in the nearish future.
The Franchise
And I am not a "oie in the sky" guy, I am just not a negative "I know more than everybody else" idiot.

Whatever kind of idiot you are is irrelevant, just that you are one.

I don't expect them to be a great team this year or even finish above .500....they will likely lose more games than they win but if you think they do not have a ton of talent throughout their organization than you no little more about baseball than you did when you were eating that cotton candy.

This is a 100 loss team. We have talent in our farm system, but not much here. I declared the season over, not the franchise's entire future. If you want to piss away your money seeing this crap, be my guest.

As far as your baseball knowledge goes...Franco is controlled by the team until 2022...way to have a clue.

I've forgotten more about baseball than you will ever know (but you def got me on the 'INF' thing). As far as the intricacies of contract procedures, what I do know is that Franco filed a grievance against our idiot front office over them blatantly screwing him out of a year of free agency by reducing his service time by 2 days. I know he was the last team member to show up for spring training. And supposedly he was offered a fair contract but hasn't signed yet. They may own him for now, but they don't control his actions. We've seen what happens when star players treated as commodities on shitty losing teams become disgruntled.

Stick to looking silly about football.....

I predicted 6-10 this year. You predicted 12-4. What did your buddy Bill Swerski predict? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Silly Pipe Dream Fan.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Apr 6 2016, 02:25 PM) *
Whatever kind of idiot you are is irrelevant, just that you are one.

This is a 100 loss team. We have talent in our farm system, but not much here. I declared the season over, not the franchise's entire future. If you want to piss away your money seeing this crap, be my guest.

I've forgotten more about baseball than you will ever know (but you def got me on the 'INF' thing). As far as the intricacies of contract procedures, what I do know is that Franco filed a grievance against our idiot front office over them blatantly screwing him out of a year of free agency by reducing his service time by 2 days. I know he was the last team member to show up for spring training. And supposedly he was offered a fair contract but hasn't signed yet. They may own him for now, but they don't control his actions. We've seen what happens when star players treated as commodities on shitty losing teams become disgruntled.

I predicted 6-10 this year. You predicted 12-4. What did your buddy Bill Swerski predict? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Silly Pipe Dream Fan.

Ahh...the "I am a genius, just ask me strikes again"....the more you speak the dumber you sound.

If you were so confident in the 100 losses you would have ponied up to bet instead of begging off. But your "Franco filed a grievance" whine is really the best...as if he has won it already which he hasn't and he won't...which is why the player's union is going to renegotiate to change the rules in December but a dumb ass know it all like you knew that....except you obviously didn't. I don't think you have forgotten anything....I don't think you ever knew much. Franco may have been the last guy there but he led Spring Training in HRs and he did not show up late.....so your point is another example of your silliness. It really seems to have affected him.....good thing you know the intricacies of contract procedures....too damn funny.

And I fully embrace that I was wrong about the Eagles......it is the reason Kelly got fired.....because most pundits picked then to do well...many had them going deep in the playoffs....you got lucky in that Kelly imploded..Congrats.....blind squirrel....

The Franchise
If you were so confident in the 100 losses you would have ponied up to bet instead of begging off.

100 losses is a sure thing Pipe Dream Fan. With the proper betting line, I might go up to 110. I just said I didn't want to take your money.

Congrats.....blind squirrel....

Now now, I'd wager blind or not you're much better at finding nuts than most of us here. laugh.gif

As for my prediction, it wasn't 'luck,' it was a reasonable assessment based on looking at a terrible head coach who had jettisoned much of his talent. I would've been right on the money, if not for Shurmur coaching that last game. I don't enjoy being right about our teams sucking, but I refuse to act like a 5 year old who thinks we're going 16-0. In fact, I think we bounce right back this year.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Apr 6 2016, 06:39 PM) *
100 losses is a sure thing Pipe Dream Fan. With the proper betting line, I might go up to 110. I just said I didn't want to take your money.

Now now, I'd wager blind or not you're much better at finding nuts than most of us here. laugh.gif

As for my prediction, it wasn't 'luck,' it was a reasonable assessment based on looking at a terrible head coach who had jettisoned much of his talent. I would've been right on the money, if not for Shurmur coaching that last game. I don't enjoy being right about our teams sucking, but I refuse to act like a 5 year old who thinks we're going 16-0. In fact, I think we bounce right back this year.

I bet you are a pro wrestling fan too....

and it has nothing to do with taking my money and everything to do with the fact that you are a blowhard....you are too much of a sissy to put your money where your big mouth is....and not at all unexpected with guys like you....all blather, no substance....

and of course you have been proven wrong in just about everything you tried to posit here that you have to resort to the innuendo of a 7 year old....good stuff

Glad you are going out on a limb with the Eagles....real long shot dumb ass...they just had one of their best offseasons in a decade....you really are a sage...

mcnabbulous
The Cubs did the same exact thing with Bryant. It's standard protocol. The Phils have a bright future, but it won't likely come to fruition until 2019 or 2020.
SAM I Am
It's groundhog day all over again. Good effort by the starter, offense only puts up 2 runs and then the bullpen coughs up the bit.

Gonna be a long year, but on a positive note, if you want to spend a day at the ballpark, tickets should be plentiful and cheap on stubbie rolleyes.gif
nephillymike
I heard they had some deal of $50 for 8 games or something in April and May?

Not a bad deal.

Haven't been following off season moves but the realization that we got rid of our closer and setup guy.

Long season is right!
The Franchise
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 6 2016, 09:48 PM) *
I heard they had some deal of $50 for 8 games or something in April and May?

Not a bad deal.

That's an insane deal, looks like they realize what attendance will be this year. Dollar Dog Nights once a week perhaps? laugh.gif

Last night's outcome was never in doubt heading to the bottom of the 9th. At least Pipe Dream Fan will enjoy the season.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Apr 7 2016, 02:02 PM) *
That's an insane deal, looks like they realize what attendance will be this year. Dollar Dog Nights once a week perhaps? laugh.gif

Last night's outcome was never in doubt heading to the bottom of the 9th. At least Pipe Dream Fan will enjoy the season.

The funny thing is....I do enjoy the season...even when they are bad....it is called a fan...

You are likely a Cowboy's fan...they sucked last year and like every other wimpy POS that roots for them you abandoned ship and brought your sissy ass here to annoy people.....and it perfectly explains your view on the Phils.....

The irony is that you critique the management saying that they will never win when the management up to this year had already won one....have to love little piss ants like you.....

The Franchise
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 7 2016, 03:00 PM) *
The funny thing is....I do enjoy the season...even when they are bad....it is called a fan...

No, it's called being a child. Or a puppet. Small children enjoy going to baseball games to watch minor-league level talent, and college douchebags enjoy going so they can play cornhole in the parking lot for 4 innings, and go sit in the stadium for a few innings high and drunk before leaving, not caring. That got old in the late 90's. Real fans pay good money to see a worthwhile product.
mcnabbulous
Just out of curiosity, what would have been your solution for putting a winning product on the field this year?

It wasn't going to happen. If you thought they had a chance, it speaks more to your limited baseball knowledge than anything else. We're in the midst of a rebuild. It's an unfortunate reality, but it is what it is.

Hopefully, the leadership we have in place won't allow our next run to end so abruptly, but Klentak shouldn't be held responsible for the current mess. Things are pointing north. It will be lean for 1-2 more years and then start to get really fun. That's often how baseball works.

When I moved to Texas, I went to a series where Halladay and the Phils played in front of a virtually empty Minute Maid field. That wasn't too damn long ago. We will be back. Sooner than later.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Apr 7 2016, 04:40 PM) *
No, it's called being a child. Or a puppet. Small children enjoy going to baseball games to watch minor-league level talent, and college douchebags enjoy going so they can play cornhole in the parking lot for 4 innings, and go sit in the stadium for a few innings high and drunk before leaving, not caring. That got old in the late 90's. Real fans pay good money to see a worthwhile product.

Yes...you are a true fan....what a dipshit.....so never go to see a minor league game either?

You are that little douchebag that seems to sit behind me at every game saying "please sit down...I can't see..." and is generally a whiny little bitch the entire time.....

I go because I am a fan of the team through good times and bad.I don't just appear when they are good, that is a fair weather fan also known as a piece of shit fan...

I have season tix to the triple A team because I am a fan.

You are not a "real fan"...you are a real something but trust me...it is not a fan...
The Franchise
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 7 2016, 04:37 PM) *
You are that little douchebag that seems to sit behind me at every game saying "please sit down...I can't see..." and is generally a whiny little bitch the entire time.....

Who the hell sits behind you every game, Peter Dinklage?

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Reality Fan
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Apr 7 2016, 06:07 PM) *
Who the hell sits behind you every game, Peter Dinklage?

IS that your name?

Hi Pete
The Franchise
Just out of curiosity, what would have been your solution for putting a winning product on the field this year?

Build a time machine, and go back and kill RAJ while he was still in the womb.

It wasn't going to happen. If you thought they had a chance, it speaks more to your limited baseball knowledge than anything else. We're in the midst of a rebuild. It's an unfortunate reality, but it is what it is.

You should go back and read what I posted. I know we never had a chance. I've known that for 6 months. I specifically said this team would lose 100 games minimum. This thread only continues to exist because Pipe Dream Fan is taking issue with me declaring this season over, which it obviously is. I don't have to pay to see this crappy product if I don't want to.

We have a lot of talent coming up, but that doesn't mean our front office will do the right thing with it. Even if they do, maybe we'll see something worth watching in 2 years. Wake me then.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 7 2016, 05:09 PM) *
IS that your name?

Hi Pete

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Apr 7 2016, 05:11 PM) *
Build a time machine, and go back and kill RAJ while he was still in the womb.

You should go back and read what I posted. I know we never had a chance. I've known that for 6 months. I specifically said this team would lose 100 games minimum. This thread only continues to exist because Pipe Dream Fan is taking issue with me declaring this season over, which it obviously is. I don't have to pay to see this crappy product if I don't want to.

We have a lot of talent coming up, but that doesn't mean our front office will do the right thing with it. Even if they do, maybe we'll see something worth watching in 2 years. Wake me then.

Unlike football, supporting the shitty product is more important from a revenue perspective. They cleaned house in the front office. It should have happened sooner, but your angst is misguided.

Go enjoy every 5 nights when Nola is on the hill. Take in the occasional Eikoff start. Maybe check out Valazquez, who came over for Giles. Just go to see Franco.

Maybe you're not genuinely into baseball, but if you were, there would be viabl reasons to be interested. I wouldn't pay money to see the Sixers, but that's because I just don't enjoy basketball much anymore.
mcnabbulous
Fun little update:

The kid that is very likely to be the #1 pick in June struck out 19 in his no hitter today. The general consensus is that he's the best HS pitching prospect since Kershaw.

I think I'm genuinely more excited about him than anyone the Eagles may draft this year.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 11 2016, 11:45 PM) *
Fun little update:

The kid that is very likely to be the #1 pick in June struck out 19 in his no hitter today. The general consensus is that he's the best HS pitching prospect since Kershaw.

I think I'm genuinely more excited about him than anyone the Eagles may draft this year.

The Phils probably had more people there than fans.....lol

Apparently Kleintak is a regular
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 12 2016, 04:29 PM) *
The Phils probably had more people there than fans.....lol

Apparently Kleintak is a regular

I'd go catch a game if I was still in the area. He's a rare talent. It's nice to be at the top when one of these generational guys is coming out.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 12 2016, 06:36 PM) *
I'd go catch a game if I was still in the area. He's a rare talent. It's nice to be at the top when one of these generational guys is coming out.

Which guy? Puk?

How's the parent game going?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 12 2016, 06:00 PM) *
Which guy? Puk?

How's the parent game going?

Jason Groome. Only 17 so I feel like a weirdo even discussing him. But he has been called the best HS pitching prospect since Kershaw.

Here is a nice recap of his start yesterday.
www.app.com/story/sports/columnists/stephen-edelson/2016/04/11/jason-groome-legend-grows/82865972/

He struck out 19 of the 21 batters he faced.
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 12 2016, 10:13 PM) *
Jason Groome. Only 17 so I feel like a weirdo even discussing him. But he has been called the best HS pitching prospect since Kershaw.

Yeah this ain't hockey. Let's see how he does against minor league hitters at least before we start calling him Kershaw. But yeah, the prospect of a dominant starter is always nice.

Speaking of Kershaw, I remembered he didn't go first, so I went and looked up the others around him in the 2006 draft. Luke Hochevar went first that year (a mediocre KC pitchers for those who don't know), Kershaw went 7th, and right behind him at 10 and 11 were Lincecum and Scherzer. Not a bad round for pitchers.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Apr 13 2016, 04:01 PM) *
Yeah this ain't hockey. Let's see how he does against minor league hitters at least before we start calling him Kershaw. But yeah, the prospect of a dominant starter is always nice.

I mean, I'm not calling him that. But as a prospect, that's how this kind of stuff works.

Speaking of Kershaw, I remembered he didn't go first, so I went and looked up the others around him in the 2006 draft. Luke Hochevar went first that year (a mediocre KC pitchers for those who don't know), Kershaw went 7th, and right behind him at 10 and 11 were Lincecum and Scherzer. Not a bad round for pitchers.

Yeah, Kershaw was the first high schooler taken. Taking those guys #1 is pretty rare historically. Groome is a major risk/reward type of selection. But the MLB draft is the biggest crapshoot of them all.
Reality Fan
Speaking of pitchers....the Phil's starters are killers....it they can even become an average hitting team they will be a hell of a team...they will figure out the bullpen but they need to hit...the bullpen won't be so bad once the starters get stretched out a little but now you know why their manager was very happy about his staff coming out of ST....he said his starters were very good and they are.....now if they can just find a flippin reliever or 2...
mcnabbulous
Watching our young guns (including Velasquez's 11K's through 7 today) makes our resident moron look...well like his usual self.

We've got 3 legit MLB starters under the age of 26 on our ML roster right now. With a couple legit prospects in our minor league system (Appel, Thompson, Kilome) and the #1 pick (who will almost assuredly be a pitcher).

Really exciting stuff in the future.
mcnabbulous
Holy shit. 16k's and no walks on the day for Velazquez. That's awesome.
Zero
Need to wait until the hitters get a chance to study them.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 14 2016, 09:21 PM) *
Need to wait until the hitters get a chance to study them.

The 2nd go around can be a bitch but these starts are a good sign.
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 14 2016, 01:58 PM) *
Watching our young guns (including Velasquez's 11K's through 7 today) makes our resident moron look...well like his usual self.

Are you sure you want to declare victory at 5-5 on April 14th? I understand you're always so desperate to be right about something that you jump the gun, but it always blow up in your face. Weren't you one of the 12-4 retards this year too? And then there's Chip, Andy, Geno, etc. etc. etc. But keep at it tiger, it never gets old kicking your teeth in.

The starting pitching has been phenomenal - in fact, we should be 8-2. But we aren't, because we have a terrible team with terrible offense and a terrible bullpen. So with 2008 October-level starting pitching (and with 4 of those games against the god-awful Padres), we're at .500 - *yawn*

And of course, as mentioned, these are brand new guys who the league hasn't seen yet - Vance Worley/Kyle Kendrick/J.A. Happ, anyone? You know as little about baseball as you do about football, which is no small feat.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Apr 14 2016, 05:11 PM) *

Are you sure you want to declare victory at 5-5 on April 14th? I understand you're always so desperate to be right about something that you jump the gun, but it always blow up in your face. Weren't you one of the 12-4 retards this year too? And then there's Chip, Andy, Geno, etc. etc. etc. But keep at it tiger, it never gets old kicking your teeth in.

The starting pitching has been phenomenal - in fact, we should be 8-2. But we aren't, because we have a terrible team with terrible offense and a terrible bullpen. So with 2008 October-level starting pitching (and with 4 of those games against the god-awful Padres), we're at .500 - *yawn*

And of course, as mentioned, these are brand new guys who the league hasn't seen yet - Vance Worley/Kyle Kendrick/J.A. Happ, anyone? You know as little about baseball as you do about football, which is no small feat.

hahaha...unlike some seriously and consistently ignorant lad claiming the season over after 1 game I merely laugh and sit back and enjoy....there are those moronic pricks that know nothing about baseball that only like to watch a team that is on top....you know...like Cowboy fans (you)...only around when times are good, that would miss the masterpiece by another starter....

Try not to look any sillier than you do already.....they have a good staff and the bats will get a little better....they likely won't do better than around .500 but it is going to be nice to see the start of something very good..

By the way...obviously Nola had a bunch of starts last year...he went 6-2 last year.....but Morton and Hellickson are new? Really? here I thought they were vets....but clearly a superior baseball mind like yours....oh wait...they are vets...idot

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?...remember....I did not declare them World Champs.....I merely said they were going to be a decent team.......some other idiot made the claim that they would be the worst team in baseball....I am not a guy of extremes.....
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Apr 14 2016, 04:11 PM) *

Are you sure you want to declare victory at 5-5 on April 14th?

I don't expect them to be a good team, but as I keep emphasizing, if you're a fan of baseball they're worth watching.

I understand you're always so desperate to be right about something that you jump the gun, but it always blow up in your face. Weren't you one of the 12-4 retards this year too? And then there's Chip, Andy, Geno, etc. etc. etc. But keep at it tiger, it never gets old kicking your teeth in.

So I was wrong about Chip? How so? I was one of the few people on this board that didn't slobber all over him after that first victory against Washington when our run/pass ratio was plastered all over the board.

How was I wrong about Andy? I predicted he would go to KC and immediately succeed. A bet you lost, mind you (under one of your former aliases).

And yes, yes. Geno. His career has gone about as I would have predicted thus far. I still stand by it.

No one has argued otherwise. It's a bad team that's got some exciting young talent. If you knew anything about baseball, you could acknowledge that.

hahaha. Yeah dude. Eikhoff is the only one that can be compared to the 3 guys you just mentioned. Wasn't a top prospect, but Nola and Velazquez are highly regarded.

They say ignorance is bliss, but you actually seem like a pretty miserable sack of shit.

The Franchise
They say ignorance is bliss, but you actually seem like a pretty miserable sack of shit.

laugh.gif

Project much? It's not my fault that the combination of you not knowing anything about sports and being a whiny little child makes your experiences on the internet poor. Have you tried seeking a safe space at your local college campus? Maybe you can join a support group and help to protect other pussies from words on the internet. I have the time of my life trolling you.

I'm a realist - and as such, I constantly rail against the mismanagement of our sports franchises when it's deserved. I don't predict that a terrible head coach who got rid of all his talent will improve from 10-6 to 12-4 - instead, I (correctly) predict the opposite. Knowing your team will have a shitty year while watching idiots slobber over pipe dreams isn't 'bliss,' believe me. If anything, I envy your ignorance. Now go lie down.
mcnabbulous
And once again, the management has done a great job in the past year in restocking our system. Not only did we jump from a farm system that was in the late 20's to the top-5, but we also have young guys that are producing at the major league level.

As for Chip, I'm the #1 believer that a coach shouldn't have personnel authority. No one beats that drum more than me. So save your bullshit for someone else.

I expected our team to be better because Bradford would be better than Foles. I was correct about the latter part of that sentence. It didn't make up for the other issues that Chip has going for him.

If you don't want to support the young talent on the Phillies, that's just further proof that you're a shitty, miserable fan. Have fun with that. I'll enjoy days like today, when a 23 year old pitches a 16K CGSO.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 14 2016, 05:58 PM) *
If you don't want to support the young talent on the Phillies, that's just further proof that you're a shitty, miserable fan. Have fun with that. I'll enjoy days like today, when a 23 year old pitches a 16K CGSO.

Was that sweet or what?......I actually had the pleasure of taking the afternoon off to take care a few things and ended up watching a good part of it....that kid is special...now I see why Pete stuck with him
Joegrane
Looks like we can expect more of what we've seen so far--glimmers of hope from young guys with talent along with mistakes that you can expect from inexperienced players.

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 14 2016, 03:37 PM) *
Holy shit. 16k's and no walks on the day for Velazquez. That's awesome.

nephillymike
2nd round pick one of many prospects we got in the Ken Giles trade.

Was a top 75 prospect in MLB recently.

What a great game. One of the best in team history.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.