Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Peters question...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
GroundedBird
How healthy do you think Peters is in both this season and the next couple of years?
Reality Fan
Not sure how healthy he is now but there is certainly a chance that the Kelly "hurry up and get going" offense did no favors to his body.....sports science can only do so much but a more normal offensive pace should help him immensely.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (GroundedBird @ Apr 4 2016, 09:29 AM) *
How healthy do you think Peters is in both this season and the next couple of years?

I don't think there is going to be a next couple of years for Jason Peters. Got a feeling this will be his last, and he is going to struggle.
GroundedBird
That's my fear. I think we're stuck in no-man's land for the draft.
nephillymike
Jason Peters will not be the All Pro, HOF level player we've seen a few years ago, but, when all is said and done, he will be our highest rated OL at the end of the year and just shy of deserved Pro Bowl status.

He was a beast up until about game six or so least year. Then injuries hit.

I agree with RF. I think the different pace will help.

Next year, it comes down to a cost/benefit analysis.

This year, plug him in and play.

We're good.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 4 2016, 08:17 PM) *

Have you noticed you have been saying that a lot lately?......and when you don't you earn yourself a huge beer and wings bill.....lol
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 4 2016, 08:17 PM) *
Jason Peters will not be the All Pro, HOF level player we've seen a few years ago, but, when all is said and done, he will be our highest rated OL at the end of the year and just shy of deserved Pro Bowl status.

He was a beast up until about game six or so least year. Then injuries hit.

Next year, it comes down to a cost/benefit analysis.

This year, plug him in and play.

We're good.

Could his back issues have been similar to what Kelce experienced ... trying to do too much?
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 4 2016, 07:23 PM) *
Have you noticed you have been saying that a lot lately?......and when you don't you earn yourself a huge beer and wings bill.....lol

I'm just setting the trap...............................................
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Apr 4 2016, 07:31 PM) *
Could his back issues have been similar to what Kelce experienced ... trying to do too much?

Good reminder.

When I heard about his back, I thought he was done and our season was over. That's a real tough thing to overcome.

A full off season of rest and rehab may do wonders.

I'm fine with Peters.

Reports of his death have been greatly exaggerated
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.