Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This may not be good news for the draft a QB club
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/...eters-in-place/

If Kaep goes to Den, it is more reason for SF to take a QB. That means definitely need to trade up above where they would go to get one of the top two. I have to believe the Browns are taking one, and SF and at least one more team would jump in the fray.

it also would remove the very remote possibility of one of our two QB's going to DEN.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but if I'm Kaep, I'm not taking a pay cut. I got my $11.9M guarantee. and if SF wants to supplement my 11.9 so it doesn't fall on DEN, then fine. But at the end of the day, I'm getting my 11.9M.

Next year is another year. I will be a free agent to go where I want without restrictions and may likely make more than 11.9M combined sal and SB.

If you are him, what do you do?
Joegrane
A player who has not had an opportunity to make a deep run in the playoffs might take a pay cut to go the SB champs, but Kap doesn't necessarily have that motivation. He might like the Bay area even with all of its insanity.

If I were Denver, I'd prefer a guy with a reputation for being accurate like Bradford over Kap.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 2 2016, 08:02 PM) *

If Kaep goes to Den, it is more reason for SF to take a QB. That means definitely need to trade up above where they would go to get one of the top two. I have to believe the Browns are taking one, and SF and at least one more team would jump in the fray.

it also would remove the very remote possibility of one of our two QB's going to DEN.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but if I'm Kaep, I'm not taking a pay cut. I got my $11.9M guarantee. and if SF wants to supplement my 11.9 so it doesn't fall on DEN, then fine. But at the end of the day, I'm getting my 11.9M.

Next year is another year. I will be a free agent to go where I want without restrictions and may likely make more than 11.9M combined sal and SB.

Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 2 2016, 09:02 PM) *

With the reported animosity Kaep has for the 9ers I'd probably make them pay the contract.

As for the Eagles, if they miss on one of the two top QBs then they have a choice of making some kind of move to get Lynch or wait until #3 or later to draft a developmental player and hope Bradford stays healthy.
mcnabbulous
Rest assured, all of these guys are developmental.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 3 2016, 01:39 AM) *
Rest assured, all of these guys are developmental.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

It's a shame. There are no Geno Smith's in this group.

***sorry, I couldn't resist***
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 3 2016, 12:56 PM) *

It's a shame. There are no Geno Smith's in this group.

***sorry, I couldn't resist***

They're not much different. You put them in his situation and they perform about the same.

He's on the verge of starting this year, which means someone owes me a case of California cold ones, which will be much needed with a 4 month old.
nephillymike
Tough to out bid SF.

They have a 2nd #37 and a 3rd #68 that are better than our best 3rd.

Maybe if Howie wants to move up, he can out maneuver the clueless Chip, but if CLE takes Wentz, which they'd be dumb not to, then Goff is SF's if they want him.

Dreagon
There is talk that Denver may trade up with Tennessee to get their #1 pick so they can grab their choice of the upcoming QB class. It will be pricey but it sort of makes sense. That would likely mean that Wentze and Goff would both be gone with the first two picks.
(I'm not happy about that either since I've been secretly hoping that our lack of action in grabbing a backup QB this offseason meant we were keeping a spot open for a draft pick in that position instead)
Joegrane
Or maybe that is smoke as they negotiate with SF. I can't imagine a SB contender wants a rookie over a vet who has already made a deep run.

QUOTE (Dreagon @ Apr 4 2016, 07:50 AM) *
There is talk that Denver may trade up with Tennessee to get their #1 pick so they can grab their choice of the upcoming QB class. It will be pricey but it sort of makes sense. That would likely mean that Wentze and Goff would both be gone with the first two picks.
(I'm not happy about that either since I've been secretly hoping that our lack of action in grabbing a backup QB this offseason meant we were keeping a spot open for a draft pick in that position instead)

Zero
I've seen several opinions that Kaep doesn't read defenses well, makes slow and bad decisions and had relied too much on his legs in his good years. I'd be mildly surprised if they signed him without a significant reduction in salary.
mcnabbulous
FWIW:

http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns/p...est-qb-prospect
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 4 2016, 12:38 PM) *
Interesting to look back on in five years to see how accurate the metrics were.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.