Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interesting Reid news
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
The Chiefs have announced that Britt Reid has been promoted to defensive line coach, after serving for three years as the assistant to Tommy Brasher. The Chiefs in turn have moved Brasher to “special projects.”

For Britt Reid, the move represents the latest positive development following a youth marred by drug abuse that ultimately resulted in jail time. In 2007, Britt Reid was sentenced to up to 23 months after pointing a handgun at the driver of a car following a dispute. Only 22 at the time, Britt Reid pleaded guilty to various charges, including carrying a firearm without a license.

The Chiefs also have elevated Al Harris to the position of secondary coach/cornerbacks, where he will work with defensive backs coach Emmitt Thomas.
Here ...
The Franchise
Sounds like a swell guy. Good job AR.
Reality Fan
I don't get all the angst I have read in comments over Reid's kid getting the promotion. Not sure what is supposed to happen to the guy, should he be forever shunned for his stupidity 9 years ago. From everything out there it appears he has gotten his shit together. He grew up in football and it is not beyond imagination that he can do the job. Sure it helps when you work for dad but it is no different than any other son growing up to work in their family business.

Good for him....I hope he stays on the straight and narrow.
mcnabbulous
Nepotism and football go together like peanut butter and jelly. Not the first and won't be the last situation like this.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 2 2016, 04:58 PM) *
Nepotism and football go together like peanut butter and jelly. Not the first and won't be the last situation like this.

Nepotism in football is hardly unique...every sport has it and every business field has it. if someone has not seen it in virtually every category of business they need to get out more. How about union jobs? Talk about nepotism?

At the end of the day....some people (not you Nabby) like to bitch or are jealous of the good fortune of others..
D Rock
My only question would be about qualifications. How much "juice" would he have with a Jared Allen, or Julius Peppers, or Trent Cole type of player. He was, as best I can recall . . . a rather ordinary O lineman in high school.

Nepotism is a fact of life. I've got no issue there, and think it's great he seems to have gotten his life in order. Drug abuse in this country needs to be treated as a health issue, not a criminal issue.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 3 2016, 12:53 PM) *
My only question would be about qualifications. How much "juice" would he have with a Jared Allen, or Julius Peppers, or Trent Cole type of player. He was, as best I can recall . . . a rather ordinary O lineman in high school.

Nepotism is a fact of life. I've got no issue there, and think it's great he seems to have gotten his life in order. Drug abuse in this country needs to be treated as a health issue, not a criminal issue.

Your first paragraph is the relevant one. I get that nepotism is a thing. Given the money thrown around in professional sports, it seems more prevalent in football more than anywhere else.
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Apr 3 2016, 05:43 PM) *
Given the money thrown around in professional sports, it seems more prevalent in football more than anywhere else.

It's more noticeable in football because there's a lot more room for it. You can only have so many batboys, or assistant coaches in other sports. In football you can basically make up any title you want for someone and they can stand on the sideline and attend practices. It's probably many times more prevalent behind the scenes in franchise offices in all sports. This is a big promotion for him - remember Juan Castillo, a long-tenured and successful o-line coach, got blatantly disrespected by his subordinates because he had no business being DC. For his and Andy's sake, he better know his limits in dealing with players.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.