Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newsflash....Eagles sour on Wentz and Goff
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Reality Fan
There is a rumor that they are now looking to trade back and draft Hackenberg...

Of course I am starting the rumor but hey, it is a rumor...lol

But they are going to work him out...
nephillymike
Next thing, Nabby will be saying that HE is the QB they want in the 1st round! devil03.gif

Seriously though, for me, if they don't pick a QB in the 1st, don't draft one this year. The QB's with pick 77 or lower don't pan out for long term upper half starters.
nd9kel
I think they're going through the mechanics of "practicing" how to analyze potential QB picks for future reference.
Joegrane
I agree with you. However, there could be more to all of this.

Why would they swap picks with Miami in the Maxwell deal instead of taking Miami's 3rd and 6th round picks?

Maybe Miami wanted to trade down or maybe the Eagles really wanted to trade up to have a chance at one of the QBs.

QUOTE (nd9kel @ Mar 31 2016, 08:51 PM) *
I think they're going through the mechanics of "practicing" how to analyze potential QB picks for future reference.

Zero
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Apr 1 2016, 01:13 AM) *

Why would they swap picks with Miami in the Maxwell deal instead of taking Miami's 3rd and 6th round picks?

Maybe Miami wanted to trade down or maybe the Eagles really wanted to trade up to have a chance at one of the QBs.

They want a blue chipper instead of a white Chipper. laugh.gif
Eyrie
It is April 1st ....
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Apr 1 2016, 01:13 AM) *

First...you assume that Miami would have parted with those picks....regardless of the value chart, Miami moved back 5 spots but kept all their picks for a player they wanted.....

Second...you dismiss the idea that the Eagles may find it easier to trade back from 8 and gain a 2nd round pick than they would have if they were still at 13.

Beyond that...what else could the Eagles offer to move up that competing teams could not trump without mortgaging the farm? You are entering into the mythical Mariotta trade offer area....
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 1 2016, 01:51 PM) *
Second...you dismiss the idea that the Eagles may find it easier to trade back from 8 and gain a 2nd round pick than they would have if they were still at 13.

True.

It is more expensive on draft day to go from 13 to 8, and conversely, more of a premium gained to drop down from 8 to 13 on draft day.

By moving up, they gave themselves a chance for a greater return should they decide to drop back AND avoided what could be a higher premium to mover up to the first few picks.

Howie did the smart thing, out of the two choices. (taking the high 3rd round pick which is the value of the move or the move up). Chances are, being at 8 on draft day, they will do better than a high 3rd if they move down to 13 or thereabouts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.