Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: On these QBs
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I'm listening to all the debate and offering my DKD opinions as if I knew something. What i would like to know is how these three QBs (Goff, Wentz and Lynch) compare to players like Luck, Brady, Manning, Rogers, etc. when they were coming out. It's really not the point if one or two of them are better than the other QBs this year, the point really is how good are they compared to top QB talent.

Today I was driving and listening to 97.5 and Bucky Brooks from the NFL Network was on offering his take on the Eagles and the QBs of 2016. I don't know a lot about Brooks, but he has a decent resume (former player, former NFL scout) and he sounded like he actually knew what he was talking about instead of just being a talking head paid for ratings. Anyway, something he said stuck with me when comparing Goff and Wentz. He said Wentz is more of a big, strong armed, downfield passer sort of in the mold of Newton and that Goff was a very smart QB who would fit perfectly in a WCO. Just the way he said it made me think he believed that Goff would be the better choice for the Eagles.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 31 2016, 05:17 PM) *
I'm listening to all the debate and offering my DKD opinions as if I knew something. What i would like to know is how these three QBs (Goff, Wentz and Lynch) compare to players like Luck, Brady, Manning, Rogers, etc. when they were coming out. It's really not the point if one or two of them are better than the other QBs this year, the point really is how good are they compared to top QB talent.

Today I was driving and listening to 97.5 and Bucky Brooks from the NFL Network was on offering his take on the Eagles and the QBs of 2016. I don't know a lot about Brooks, but he has a decent resume (former player, former NFL scout) and he sounded like he actually knew what he was talking about instead of just being a talking head paid for ratings. Anyway, something he said stuck with me when comparing Goff and Wentz. He said Wentz is more of a big, strong armed, downfield passer sort of in the mold of Newton and that Goff was a very smart QB who would fit perfectly in a WCO. Just the way he said it made me think he believed that Goff would be the better choice for the Eagles.

I don't see any Bradys or Mannings in this lot (Luck has a lot to prove before I'll lump him in with those two), but more on the potential of reaching Matt Ryan or Phillip Rivers level if things work out.
Zero
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Mar 31 2016, 07:28 PM) *
I don't see any Bradys or Mannings in this lot (Luck has a lot to prove before I'll lump him in with those two), but more on the potential of reaching Matt Ryan or Phillip Rivers level if things work out.

Would you trade up for Ryans or Rivers? With the right supporting players either one is fine with me, but I'm not sure I'd pay the price to move up to get them.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 31 2016, 05:30 PM) *
Would you trade up for Ryans or Rivers? With the right supporting players either one is fine with me, but I'm not sure I'd pay the price to move up to get them.

I wouldn't trade up if I were you guys simply because one of those three is almost guaranteed to fall to #8.

Zero
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Mar 31 2016, 07:33 PM) *
I wouldn't trade up if I were you guys simply because one of those three is almost guaranteed to fall to #8.

Lynch isn't supposed to go until much later, but can he become a franchise QB? I'd be very happy if Goff fell to 8.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 31 2016, 05:39 PM) *
Lynch isn't supposed to go until much later, but can he become a franchise QB? I'd be very happy if Goff fell to 8.

Lynch is a late first round to early second round candidate, but next to Wentz he's the best "project quarterback" out there and you guys don't have a second round choice anyway. Having said that, it occurs to me that trading down and still taking Lynch might be a good move for you guys. You get a good prospect to raise under Bradford and pick up another pick at the same time.
nephillymike
Z, here ya go.

Your ignoring my previous post that answers you question will cost you one beer at our gathering with RF!!

http://www.wingheads.com/index.php?showtopic=80883
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 31 2016, 08:09 PM) *
Z, here ya go.

Your ignoring my previous post that answers you question will cost you one beer at our gathering with RF!!

http://www.wingheads.com/index.php?showtopic=80883

Ignore? I was the only genius that responded. laugh.gif

Apparently my memory is shot and you want me to feed it beer? I think I need an icon that just staggers around the page and goes nowhere. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.