Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Assume the Eagles draft Goff or Wentz
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I'm not sure it matters where they draft them, at 8 or a trade up. Then, assume that Bradford has a great season, for whatever reason. They've drafted a QB who they apparently believe could be their franchise but their existing QB has done very well. Where does that leave the team?

They drafted a QB high, are paying a backup close to starter money and paying a now quality starter good money. Is this bad?
mcnabbulous
It's impossible to have too much talent at QB. We can only be so lucky.
Dreagon
With Bradfords injury history, just pretend he's Favre's age and the new guy is Rodgers
Phits
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 30 2016, 06:58 PM) *
I'm not sure it matters where they draft them, at 8 or a trade up. Then, assume that Bradford has a great season, for whatever reason. They've drafted a QB who they apparently believe could be their franchise but their existing QB has done very well. Where does that leave the team?

They drafted a QB high, are paying a backup close to starter money and paying a now quality starter good money. Is this bad?

In that event, we get to trade Bradford to a team looking for a QB and get a couple of decent draft picks out of them. With SB's injury history it would be like taking candy from a baby.
Zero
QUOTE (Phits @ Mar 30 2016, 07:32 PM) *
In that event, we get to trade Bradford to a team looking for a QB and get a couple of decent draft picks out of them. With SB's injury history it would be like taking candy from a baby.

This is what I was thinking.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 30 2016, 07:37 PM) *
This is what I was thinking.

Yep.
Joegrane
Remember when they had McNabb, Kolb and Vick?

QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 30 2016, 05:58 PM) *

Eagle2720
The only QB I'm okay with taking at 8 is Wentz, Goff doesn't impress me and neither did he 5 int game this pass year. Lynch just looks like an ass.
Zero
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Mar 30 2016, 09:51 PM) *
Remember when they had McNabb, Kolb and Vick?
Kolb was either a rookie or on a rookie contract and Vick was on a vet minimum if I'm not mistaken.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.