Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is Cox' Trade Value?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

I'd say a mid 1st, 1,000 points.

He and a 3rd gets us to #2. (without bonus charge) Save us millions in cap this year and next few.

It's a very rich DT/DE draft, richest in 15 years.

he's a great player and good kid, but if you don't think we should commit Suh $$ to a DT, he's gone after next year anyway.

Just throwing it out there.

If they don't think either QB is worth it, then of course we don't do it.

Just speculating........................
Zero
They could tag Fletch and keep him in 2018 too, but I had the same thought if they wanted a certain player ... probably Wentz.

I don't want to lose Cox, his play affects the other DL, the LB and the DB. But something tells me top DTs are easier to come by than a franchise QB. IMO, trading Cox would be conceding a season, but probably one that is weakened by learning both new systems and new players anyway. What would hurt would be the ability to replace him, even marginally in a year without a #2, especially giving up one of the #3s.

Edit:
Then, if they were to work a trade with Cleveland who just signed RG3 the difference is 1200 pts. That could be just Cox. I still don't want to lose the big guy and I'm not convinced they won't go QB at 77 and tutor him for 2-3 years while Bradford either proves himself or not. It's the way I would go, but I'm still waiting for my first NFL paycheck.
nephillymike
I think we had interest in Fairly, is he still available?

Fairly + a DT in the 3rd would help the cause but nobody will replace Cox.

About your desire to draft a QB in round 3 or lower, look at the low chances of that QB being a top 15 type QB. Look at all of the Eagles QB's we drafted in the 3rd round or lower in the last few decades. They just don't pan out.

I think it's a wasted pick. I'd rather let someone else waste the pick and pick up a young guy off the scrap heap for #3. It seems to me, the evidence, both in our team history and the source of the current top 15 QB's says 1st round or don't draft them.

Can you see that logic?
Zero
I see the logic, but I think they built the coaching staff to groom a QB. Better if it's the top pick in the draft I suppose. It's patience I'm lacking and that's not the only thing keeping me from a job as an NFL GM. I'm not opposed to moving up for Wentz, I'm opposed to trading Cox.
Zero
Fairly apparently is no longer an option.
Eyrie
Fairley is expected to sign for the Saints.

As regards using Cox to trade up, I'm undecided. He's a stand out player, but the cap cost of keeping him has to be considered. Can we spread the hit across enough other roster spots that it won't unduly affect us? If not, will the guy we're targeting be good enough to be worth the move?

The answer is yes, but only if we can get our franchise QB for the next ten years. And we'd better be damned certain we've identified a "can't miss" prospect for our offense.
Zero
Why would Cleveland draft a QB at #2 with so many needs? Hue Jackson apparently fell in love with RG3 and the team lost a ton of FA on top of having multiple holes to fill: OL, WR, DL, LB. They lost their starting C and OT, FS and WR/PR. DC Horton runs a 3-4 ... could Barwin be in the mix?
Joegrane
Barwin is interesting. I had not thought of him.

Don't you think he is an insurance policy at the SAM LB spot? They are rather thin at LB now.

If I were Cleveland I'd want picks. They have trouble holding onto FAs and are not a big market team.

A 3rd round QB could be a future #2 QB and might slowly develop into something useful, for example, Nick Foles. You have to obtain a #2 QB via draft or FA.

They have to have an alternative in the event SamB does not work out or decides to go elsewhere.

I doubt that they'll get one of the two QBs. They don't have the firepower to trade with Cleveland. Even if SF trades with Cleveland, the Eagles could be set to draft the second of the two QBs. However someone might trade with Cleveland again to pick the second QB ahead of the Eagles. If I were Cleveland, I'd do that in a second.

I'm okay if the Eagles pick the CB at #8 but would prefer for them to trade down, pick up another 3rd or 2nd. A 2nd rounder could be the starting RB, CB or Rt OT of the future. They'd still have their two 3rds and high 4th to fill needs such as OG, 3rd down RB, depth at LB, S, DT.

QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 26 2016, 06:41 AM) *
Why would Cleveland draft a QB at #2 with so many needs? Hue Jackson apparently fell in love with RG3 and the team lost a ton of FA on top of having multiple holes to fill: OL, WR, DL, LB. They lost their starting C and OT, FS and WR/PR. DC Horton runs a 3-4 ... could Barwin be in the mix?

Zero
Barwin is listed as a DE now. Cleveland runs a 3-4 and as much as I like Barwin, he might have value in a trade. We could work a trade with Cleveland much easier than with Tennessee but we'd have to wait to see what happened with the first pick.

Draft day will be the eyeball-to-the-TV version of ...

nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 26 2016, 06:41 AM) *

Because even with RG, their biggest need is still QB!!!

And they are Cleveland!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.