Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marcus Smith
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Can Smith shed the "bust" label in Schwartz's defense? I realize he was projected as a 3-4 OLB and that he's listed at 255, but if his primary responsibility is putting pressure on the QB from a wide line up, can he succeed? It would be a bonus if he could at least add credible depth to the DE spot.

Barwin is about 260, Hugh Douglas was about 255 when he was drafted, Michael Strahan was about 255 when he was drafted. I don't think the weight thing is a detriment, I think his problem has been a head thing. Not aggressive enough, not dedicated enough or maybe either he couldn't absorb a complex defense or maybe Kelly didn't want him to succeed. He did OK in the last game against the Giants.

I wonder if he was a Kelly pick or a Howie pick. Is there a vindictive Chip thing here? I'm not sure, but I seem to remember hearing something about him being a Howie choice and part of the reason Kelly made his power move. Maybe Schwartz can motivate him and he can succeed in a simple, aggressive defense.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 25 2016, 06:25 AM) *
Can Smith shed the "bust" label in Schwartz's defense? I realize he was projected as a 3-4 OLB and that he's listed at 255, but if his primary responsibility is putting pressure on the QB from a wide line up, can he succeed? It would be a bonus if he could at least add credible depth to the DE spot.

Barwin is about 260, Hugh Douglas was about 255 when he was drafted, Michael Strahan was about 255 when he was drafted. I don't think the weight thing is a detriment, I think his problem has been a head thing. Not aggressive enough, not dedicated enough or maybe either he couldn't absorb a complex defense or maybe Kelly didn't want him to succeed. He did OK in the last game against the Giants.

I wonder if he was a Kelly pick or a Howie pick. Is there a vindictive Chip thing here? I'm not sure, but I seem to remember hearing something about him being a Howie choice and part of the reason Kelly made his power move. Maybe Schwartz can motivate him and he can succeed in a simple, aggressive defense.

Howie admitted to the pick and Chip hated the kid for it.

Also, the kid can't play LB in the NFL.

His game film is comical according to the "film watchers"
The Franchise
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 25 2016, 06:25 AM) *
Can Smith shed the "bust" label in Schwartz's defense?

No.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.