Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looked at 8 recent Mock Drafts
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
DRaftek, NFL.com (Jermiah, Brooks, Zeurlein), ESPN (Kiper, McShay), Walters (Walt, Charlie)

Here are the amount of times in those 8 mocks that the following players are there for picking at #8:

0 - Tunsil, Bosa, Goff
1 - Wentz, Ramsey
2 - Jack
3 - Stanley, Buckner
5 - Elliott

Highest Rated Available in all 8 mocks at #8:
CB - Hargreaves, Alexander, Fuller
QB - Lynch
DE - Lawson, Dodd
DT - Robinson, Nkemdiche
WR - Treadwell, Doctson, W. Fuller
OT - Conklin
ILB - Ragland
OLB - J. Smith, Floyd
OG - Whitehair
TE - Hunter

Based upon this summary of mocks, assuming Tunsil, Bosa and Goff are off the board at all times, my wish list in order:

QB Wentz - Eagles won't go there, but I would in a NY minute. Sam or Chase not the answer, but picking a QB this high would be an admission of screw up of at least $12M. Will instead pick a QB in 3rd or 4th who won't amount to anything.

CB Ramsey - stud in a PON. Can also be a FS if needed. Some have him as 3rd best player

DE Buckner - not a need pick with Graham, Curry and Barwin, but BPA and who knows he could be the best of the four.

CB Hargreaves - real nice CB at PON. Notch below Ramsey

OLB Jack - assumes his meds check out. Some have him as 2nd best player in draft

Pass on Stanley (I got bad vibes on this one) and Elliott (based on position bias)

Trade down for:

OT - Conklin - they say he's Jon Runyan. I say that's good enough for me.
WR - Fuller or Treadwell. Fuller a blazer with questionable hands, Treadwell a slower type.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 23 2016, 12:55 AM) *
QB Wentz - Eagles won't go there, but I would in a NY minute. Sam or Chase not the answer, but picking a QB this high would be an admission of screw up of at least $12M. 1. Will instead pick a QB in 3rd or 4th who won't amount to anything.

2. CB Ramsey - stud in a PON. Can also be a FS if needed. Some have him as 3rd best player

DE Buckner - not a need pick with Graham, Curry and Barwin, but BPA and who knows he could be the best of the four.

3. CB Hargreaves - real nice CB at PON. Notch below Ramsey

OLB Jack - assumes his meds check out. Some have him as 2nd best player in draft

Pass on Stanley (I got bad vibes on this one) and Elliott (based on position bias)

Trade down for:

OT - Conklin - they say he's Jon Runyan. I say that's good enough for me.
WR - Fuller or Treadwell. Fuller a blazer with questionable hands, Treadwell a slower type.

I don't see them trading down based on what they've said about the value of a transcendent player. Then again, this may be Howie milking a #2 out of moving down two or three picks. THAT, I would like.

1. Please try to shake the negativity. I realize you're the Supreme Leader of Axis but if you ever intend on increasing your membership base you need to stick to numbers and facts and stop with the Negadelphia routine. biggrin.gif This draft is supposed to be deep in developmental QBs ... the Eagles have 3 QB coaches. Coincidence?
2. Not much chance but having Ramsey there would be great.
3. This is the likely pick if they don't move down. For some reason (maybe River Horse Oatmeal Milk Stout) I think the pick could be Goff who slides more than Chase Utley in his prime.

What if Wentz is there at 8 and the Eagles aren't overly enthralled with him. Chicago thinks they have to move on from Cutler, thinks Wentz is the next Luck and thinks either the Giants will take him or the Saints will make a play to move up? Desperate teams? HowieRama, baybee.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 23 2016, 07:03 AM) *
I don't see them trading down based on what they've said about the value of a transcendent player. Then again, this may be Howie milking a #2 out of moving down two or three picks. THAT, I would like.

1. Please try to shake the negativity. I realize you're the Supreme Leader of Axis but if you ever intend on increasing your membership base you need to stick to numbers and facts and stop with the Negadelphia routine. biggrin.gif This draft is supposed to be deep in developmental QBs ... the Eagles have 3 QB coaches. Coincidence?
2. Not much chance but having Ramsey there would be great.
3. This is the likely pick if they don't move down. For some reason (maybe River Horse Oatmeal Milk Stout) I think the pick could be Goff who slides more than Chase Utley in his prime.

What if Wentz is there at 8 and the Eagles aren't overly enthralled with him. Chicago thinks they have to move on from Cutler, thinks Wentz is the next Luck and thinks either the Giants will take him or the Saints will make a play to move up? Desperate teams? HowieRama, baybee.

Not negative, just realistic about the chances of getting anyone top 15 caliber QB where you want to pick them. And I think the odds are real heavy that you need top 15 QB to win it all in this league.

Reid was a QB coach, Shurmer was a QB coach as was Pedey who were all here during Reid's tenure. We drafted a lot of QB's in later rounds. None to my memory drafted after the second round were a top 15 caliber QB. IMO, it's a wasted pick.

If they aren't thrilled with Wentz or Goff, then they should pass on them. But by most accounts, they are worthy of a top ten pick.
HobbEs
I don't get all the negativity about drafting Elliott. He's an elite talent at a position of need. (Yeah, I hear all of the don't draft a RB so high and blah, blah, blah). He's also a playmaker and we sorely need that.

Also, would drafting Elliott signal that Howie & Co think this team can compete now? If anything we know the NFC East is wide open.
mcnabbulous
Can he really be considered an elite talent if he was in a group of 5 comparable talents at the college level last year? And he most certainly wasn't at the top.

He's the best of the bunch this year, but elite seems to be watered down.
samaroo
There are only really three "elite" guys this year, as rated by the "experts." We're not getting Tunsil, Ramsay or Jack. It's just not happening. EVERY player coming out has some question marks. There seems to be (from the consensus) that Elliot has fewer concerns at his position than Hargreaves, Stanley, Treadwell, etc. do at theirs.

I'm not necessarily advocating for Elliot, I just want our picks to make a difference. I'll take a stud RB over an average DB or OL.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.