Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: League meetings this week ... drum roll?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Are all the dealmakers at the meeting like in MLB? Will Howie be making any trades?

How're those Cox talks going? Any chance there's a mega trade? I'm not suggesting it, but what would the Eagles get if they traded the man, thinking the negotiations were going badly? Could they get another DT in the draft who could replace him in a year or two?
Rick
I could see Cox being traded or signed but, other than that, I think the Eagles are done until the draft.
Reality Fan
I don't think they are done at all....didn't they have an article on their website about the needs they still have after all the activity? I would not be surprised at seeing action with Peters contract, Cox extension and draft trades (though that is more likely as the draft gets closer).

Still expect more moves...nothing will surprise me.
Joegrane
Other than a blockbuster Cox trade what other moves could you envision that involve current players?

I can't say I see anything happening before the day of the draft. They plugged their holes and seem to have done so adequately to be somewhat of a contender in the weak NFC East.

After Chip was fired I feared the franchise could take a major slide into mediocrity. However Howie, Jeff and the new staff seem to have solidified the team.

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Mar 21 2016, 10:18 AM) *
I don't think they are done at all....didn't they have an article on their website about the needs they still have after all the activity? I would not be surprised at seeing action with Peters contract, Cox extension and draft trades (though that is more likely as the draft gets closer).

Still expect more moves...nothing will surprise me.
Zero
They need a RB.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Mar 21 2016, 06:53 PM) *
Other than a blockbuster Cox trade what other moves could you envision that involve current players?

I can't say I see anything happening before the day of the draft. They plugged their holes and seem to have done so adequately to be somewhat of a contender in the weak NFC East.

After Chip was fired I feared the franchise could take a major slide into mediocrity. However Howie, Jeff and the new staff seem to have solidified the team.

I am glad they are not looking to you for guidance...it appears they feel differently. This was on their website...much of this will be addressed in the draft.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/dav...cc-589803ab3ab7
samaroo
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 22 2016, 09:23 AM) *
They need a RB.

As we get closer to draft day, I'm becoming more and more convinced that Elliot might be our first pick.
Rick
QUOTE (samaroo @ Mar 22 2016, 02:52 AM) *
As we get closer to draft day, I'm becoming more and more convinced that Elliot might be our first pick.

I really hope not. Just don't want to waste a high pick on a RB. I don't care how good he may be. Too many good RBs in the NFL. I'd rather see them pick another position to plug a hole there.
Phits
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 21 2016, 08:23 PM) *
They need a RB.

Alfred Morris (FA) is available. According to Schefter we are one of the teams interested in his services.

Linc
Zero
QUOTE (Phits @ Mar 22 2016, 08:27 AM) *
Alfred Morris (FA) is available. According to Schefter we are one of the teams interested in his services.

Linc

I read that his production really dropped off in Gruden's WCO.
mcnabbulous
Morris signed with Dallas today. His YPC has dropped every year of his career.
samaroo
QUOTE (Rick @ Mar 22 2016, 06:54 PM) *
I really hope not. Just don't want to waste a high pick on a RB. I don't care how good he may be. Too many good RBs in the NFL. I'd rather see them pick another position to plug a hole there.

I understand the sentiment, even if I don't completely agree with it. But it sounds like Elliot is definitely not off our board. If I were to lay money on it (which I most definitely would not!) I'd say most likely is Hargreaves, then Elliot.

I'm not saying that's my preference, mind you, just what I think is likely.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.