Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Here ya go, Murray fans
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
The good news for Tennessee in relation to Murray is that coach Mike Mularkey already said they’ll be under center more than they are in the shotgun in 2016. Unfortunately, this change takes away most of Marcus Mariota’s threat as a runner and takes him out of his comfort zone as a passer. Scheming to fit your running back’s talents instead of your quarterback’s seems like an outdated methodology.

The bottom line is that the Titans traded backwards in the fourth round to pay a 28-year old running back with an extensive injury history, who is coming off the worst season of his career, at least $12 million over the next two seasons. Those numbers are almost the same as backs like Lamar Miller, Chris Ivory, and Doug Martin got this past offseason. All of this for the chance that Murray can recapture one season where he ran well behind our highest-graded offensive line. The risk here doesn’t seem close to the reward.

Slide ...
Joegrane
It gives the fans there something to be excited about--former rushing champ.

Did they have $ under the cap that they had to spend?

QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 19 2016, 07:17 AM) *

Slide ...

Joegrane
It is amazing that a supposedly big back would slide in the face of a DB on a 3rd and 1.

Matthews would have punished the DB but ended up on the IR : (

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Mar 19 2016, 09:53 AM) *
It gives the fans there something to be excited about--former rushing champ.

Did they have $ under the cap that they had to spend?

SAM I Am
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 19 2016, 07:17 AM) *

Slide ...

I seriously doubt the Titans plan on building there offense around Murray, especially if it in any way impedes MM's play.

If I am the Titans, I only want my franchise QB running the ball when the need occurs, that is why I paid big bucks for a running back, so he can do the running.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.