Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How was Kelly's coaching staff?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Thought it would be interesting to compare the coaching staffs and see if there's any obvious differences outside of schemes. The big ones for me are Bicknell and Davis. Anyone have thoughts on any of these?
Unchanged ... Improved

Head coach – Chip Kelly ... Doug Pederson

Offensive Coordinator – Pat Shurmur ... Frank Reich
Quarterbacks – Ryan Day ... John DeFilippo
Running Backs – Duce Staley ... Duce Staley
Wide Receivers – Bob Bicknell ... Greg Lewis
Tight Ends – Justin Peelle ... Justin Peelle
Offensive Line – Jeff Stoutland ... Jeff Stoutland
Assistant Offensive Line – Greg Austin ... Eugene Chung
Offensive Quality Control – Press Taylor ... Press Taylor, Joe D'Orazio

Defensive Coordinator – Billy Davis ... Jim Schwartz
Defensive Line – Jerry Azzinaro ... Chris Wilson
Assistant Defensive Line – Mike Dawson ...
Outside Linebackers – Bill McGovern ... Ken Flajole
Inside Linebackers – Rick Minter ... Ken Flajole
Assistant Linebackers – Brian Smith ... Ken Flajole
Defensive Backs – Cory Undlin ... Cory Undlin
Assistant Defensive Backs − Matthew Harper ... Tim Hauck
Defensive Quality Control – Stephen Thomas ... Phillip Daniels, Dino Vasso

Special Teams Coordinator – Dave Fipp ... Dave Fipp
Assistant Special Teams – Michael Clay ... Matthew Harper

Head Strength and Conditioning – Josh Hingst ... Josh Hingst
Assistant Strength and Conditioning – Quadrian Banks ... Ben Wagner
Assistant Strength and Conditioning – Keith Gray ... Keith Gray
Director of Sports Science and Reconditioning – Shaun Huls ... Shaun Huls

I think it's TBD if Pederson is a better coach than Kelly although personality and system should help. I say system only because of the predictability factor and the TOP factor on the defense. I'm not sure what Day brought to the table other than familiarity with Kelly and the system and Bicknell never seemed to improve his players. I doubt anyone will argue the probable improvement of Schwartz over Davis even while conceding Davis wasn't completely to blame.
Joegrane
I expect Pederson's O system to help the D to function better. I doubt that the O numbers will look better than Chip's were during his years here; however, Pederson won't likely have the same weapons.

QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 19 2016, 07:02 AM) *
Thought it would be interesting to compare the coaching staffs and see if there's any obvious differences outside of schemes. The big ones for me are Bicknell and Davis. Anyone have thoughts on any of these?

I think it's TBD if Pederson is a better coach than Kelly although personality and system should help. I say system only because of the predictability factor and the TOP factor on the defense. I'm not sure what Day brought to the table other than familiarity with Kelly and the system and Bicknell never seemed to improve his players. I doubt anyone will argue the probable improvement of Schwartz over Davis even while conceding Davis wasn't completely to blame.

SAM I Am
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 19 2016, 07:02 AM) *

Just an observation:

Duce is on his third Eagle HC as a coach. He must be doing something right.

I wonder if Pederson is going to allow him to decide who the running back will be on each play they run, like Chipper did rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.