Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Draft
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
eagleaddict
I really like some of these recent depth signings (Carroll, Fairley, Givens), but we were a mediocre team last year and I'm not seeing the star power. IMHO our only studs are Cox, aging Sproles and Peters, and unproven Hicks. Everyone else seems to show equal flashes of brilliance and mental relapses. I've accepted this is a rebuilding year and have no idea what we should take with #8, but OL seems to make the most sense. Someone please give me some hope that this is a 10 win division winner. Pleeease
Zero
I think you can cross Fairly off of that list.
eagleaddict
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 16 2016, 05:46 PM) *
I think you can cross Fairly off of that list.

Did he sign somewhere?
Joegrane
I agree with you, very few Pro Bowl candidates. I don't consider Sproles and Peters to be elite players any longer. R Matthews, J Kelce, C Parkey and C Barwin are former Pro Bowlers who I don't expect to repeat.

Z Ertz is an emerging star. We'll see what V Curry does in his more natural 4-3.

This has the look of an above average team without any major holes, but not a playoff team. They will be learning new systems and don't have an easy schedule. I don't see more than 9 wins.

QUOTE (eagleaddict @ Mar 16 2016, 05:27 PM) *
I really like some of these recent depth signings (Carroll, Fairley, Givens), but we were a mediocre team last year and I'm not seeing the star power. IMHO our only studs are Cox, aging Sproles and Peters, and unproven Hicks. Everyone else seems to show equal flashes of brilliance and mental relapses. I've accepted this is a rebuilding year and have no idea what we should take with #8, but OL seems to make the most sense. Someone please give me some hope that this is a 10 win division winner. Pleeease

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.