Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WR Chris Givens visiting
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
Pure straight line deep threat. Had some okay seasons with Sammy in St. Louis.

I'm not sure if Howie explicitly said it, but apparently we are looking for a deep threat. I would be surprised if we didn't sign him.
mcnabbulous
Update: one year deal
Joegrane
These guys compare him to Maclin, obviously incorrectly. However the deep threat certainly is needed.
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/chris-givens?id=2533532

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 16 2016, 01:31 PM) *
Update: one year deal
nephillymike
Better than where we were 24 hours ago.

Probably a decent #4 to move Huff down the depth chart.
mcnabbulous
Who is the #3? Rookie?
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 16 2016, 07:21 PM) *
Who is the #3? Rookie?

Yes.

Small trade down out of 8, pick up a mid 2nd.

Pick WR with the first round pick. Should be able to get Treadwell, Coleman, or Fuller in mid teens.

If we get lucky and a QB is there at #8 and we're not interested because we have a future HOF QB already on the roster, then we should get a real nice package to move down. STL s/b interested.
mcnabbulous
I'd be wary of expecting a rookie WR contributing greatly in the Andy/Doug offense. We didn't see a whole lot of that the first time around.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 16 2016, 07:46 PM) *
I'd be wary of expecting a rookie WR contributing greatly in the Andy/Doug offense. We didn't see a whole lot of that the first time around.

I'm wary of Pedey doing the Andy thing and not getting WR's!!

When he said we were good at WR the other day I almost threw up.

Good point. Wary is me. I can hope though!!
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 16 2016, 07:04 PM) *
I'm wary of Pedey doing the Andy thing and not getting WR's!!

When he said we were good at WR the other day I almost threw up.

Good point. Wary is me. I can hope though!!

Andy spent resources on WR (Pinkston, FredEx, DJax, Mac) in the first two rounds. It just took a while for him to hit on them.

Taking Freddie over Wayne and Chad Johnson may have been the biggest draft mistake in his tenure though. Gotta wonder what could have been.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 16 2016, 08:19 PM) *
Andy spent resources on WR (Pinkston, FredEx, DJax, Mac) in the first two rounds. It just took a while for him to hit on them.

Taking Freddie over Wayne and Chad Johnson may have been the biggest draft mistake in his tenure though. Gotta wonder what could have been.

Hey BTW, did your wife have the baby and did you move?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 16 2016, 07:23 PM) *
Hey BTW, did your wife have the baby and did you move?

Move complete. Baby is about 5-6 weeks away [fingers crossed]. This kid better not spoil draft weekend for me wink.gif

Thanks for asking!
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 16 2016, 08:31 PM) *
Move complete. Baby is about 5-6 weeks away [fingers crossed]. This kid better not spoil draft weekend for me wink.gif

Thanks for asking!

Congrats on both....and you better not name him Christian!!! devil03.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Mar 16 2016, 08:03 PM) *
Congrats on both....and you better not name him Christian!!! devil03.gif

Thanks, man. It's been a hectic few weeks. Having a newborn should be a nice break...right? Right?

It's a girl. I'm thinking Gina as a first name and Smith as a middle name wink.gif
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 16 2016, 09:27 PM) *
Thanks, man. It's been a hectic few weeks. Having a newborn should be a nice break...right? Right?

It's a girl. I'm thinking Gina as a first name and Smith as a middle name wink.gif

Hahaha...nice....and yes...I am sure it will be a nice break...from an semblance of a normal sleeping pattern....lol

That is awesome though...I am sure you can't wait to but her a pink Eagles jersey!!!
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Mar 16 2016, 08:34 PM) *
Hahaha...nice....and yes...I am sure it will be a nice break...from an semblance of a normal sleeping pattern....lol

That is awesome though...I am sure you can't wait to but her a pink Eagles jersey!!!

She'll only be exposed to Kelly Green.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 16 2016, 08:31 PM) *

Thanks for asking!

Great on the move.

I was hoping the baby was here so I could enlist you to do some draft compilation stuff during the middle of the nights!!

5-6 weeks? That could roll over into draft time!!
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 16 2016, 08:50 PM) *
Great on the move.

I was hoping the baby was here so I could enlist you to do some draft compilation stuff during the middle of the nights!!

5-6 weeks? That could roll over into draft time!!

Yeah, before I found out about the pregnancy, a friend/fellow draft loving nerd who lives in Atlanta and I decided we were going to start an annual tradition of getting together for the draft. And maybe attending.

She's already controlling my life. Kids these days.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 16 2016, 10:37 PM) *
She'll only be exposed to Kelly Green.

You may be surprised with the "Kelly Green" she ends up dropping in one of her diapers tongue.gif

Congrats Buddy! Savor these last few weeks, your world changes forever (and for the better) once she's born.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 16 2016, 10:27 PM) *

Hahahaha! BAM! Congrats, Nabby! Sleep while you can. jumpclap.gif
nd9kel
I'm wondering if Bradford had input on this signing.
Joegrane
It is inconceivable that he did not. Apparently the two had a good rapport back in St Louis. The question is how much speed does Givens still have.

Supposedly he is not physical as a blocker or in fighting off physical CBs.

Will he start or will he mostly be an outside WR in three receiver sets?

QUOTE (nd9kel @ Mar 17 2016, 09:38 AM) *
I'm wondering if Bradford had input on this signing.

nd9kel
Bradford connected with Givens five games in a row with over 50 yard pass plays. I believe that's an NFL record.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.