Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 97.5 reporting that Eagles have signed DT N. Fairley
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Per Anthony.

One of Schwartz's guys from DET.

I remember one time he and Suh were a great duo.

He didn't start for STL, but was the third DT in and played a decent amount.

I assume he's good depth and with going to a 4-3, we need to transform from 3-4 guys to 4-3 guys.

Don't know how much they paid.

Still hoping for a good WR. Wallace now gone, I guess that leaves only J. Jones, if anyone.
Zero
They'll either wait for the draft for a WR or work a trade.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 16 2016, 07:12 AM) *
They'll either wait for the draft for a WR or work a trade.

If we could get a mid level starting outside WR for one of our 3rd round picks, would you do it?

I would.

I may have mentioned this before, but with more two WR sets, and with Matthews not being an outside WR, he could be taken off the field more often. It would be either him or Ertz. Having a valid outside WR gives us more options.

I guess the other way to go about it is to force a WR at #8.

Mayock has Treadwell and Fuller rated the 20th and 23rd best prospects

CBS Draft Scout has Treadwell at #6 and Coleman at #23, with Thomas, Docktson and Fuller being high 2nd round picks.

It may be a reach to go WR at #8.

Thing is, our WR corps was rated 31st in the league. Our top guy was rated the 41st best WR by FO. Our rookie was rated worst WR with a minimum of playing time.

It's an ugly eye sore that's in need of attention.

Give me New FA, rookie, Matthews, Algohlar and Huff and Anjirotutu. Worst case scenario, trade Huff. Every year a guy gets hurt anyway. Need 4 deep depth.
HobbEs
Just curious Mikey, why do you think Matthews is not an outside receiver? To me he could be your prototypical WCO possession receiver (if he works on the drops).
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Mar 16 2016, 07:34 AM) *
Just curious Mikey, why do you think Matthews is not an outside receiver? To me he could be your prototypical WCO possession receiver (if he works on the drops).

He's got good straight line speed, but he lacks the quickness to organically beat corners.
Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 16 2016, 12:47 PM) *
Give me New FA, rookie, Matthews, Algohlar and Huff and Anjirotutu. Worst case scenario, trade Huff. Every year a guy gets hurt anyway. Need 4 deep depth.

I'd like Boldin for the veteran FA.

Ajirotutu is currently an unsigned FA. I thought he was meant to be one of our main ST players, so Im surprised that we haven't signed him yet.

nephillymike
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Mar 16 2016, 08:34 AM) *

Hobbes, it's not my opinion, as I really don't know enough about his game to make that determination.

It's from people like Jaws and Diddy. He was pegged as a slot WR and has done well, but apparently doesn't have the skill set for outside.
nephillymike
He's not signed.

Bad report by the Cuz.

We're in the mix, but he's going to date other people!!
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 17 2016, 07:55 PM) *
He's not signed.

Bad report by the Cuz.

We're in the mix, but he's going to date other people!!

again the Cuz is wrong...He is becoming Eskin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.