Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A potential future Eagles QB may have hurt his chances
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/...rested-for-dui/

I would like to know how drunk? I mean, if the guy had three beers in 90 minutes and is flagged as drunk, then that is one thing. If he's slot slinging drunk, that's another thing.

So people who went to college, I have a question.

When you were a senior in college, did you opt for the White Cadillac Escalade, or did you lean toward the black one.

I wonder where a senior who can't work because he is a scholarship athlete gets the funds to buy a vehicle like that?

sounds like some rule violation, especially when the system doesn't allow giving a kid $10 for a movie.
Zero
Damn! I never drove after drinking! rolleyes.gif
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 13 2016, 10:35 AM) *
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/...rested-for-dui/

I would like to know how drunk? I mean, if the guy had three beers in 90 minutes and is flagged as drunk, then that is one thing. If he's slot slinging drunk, that's another thing.

So people who went to college, I have a question.

When you were a senior in college, did you opt for the White Cadillac Escalade, or did you lean toward the black one.

I wonder where a senior who can't work because he is a scholarship athlete gets the funds to buy a vehicle like that?

sounds like some rule violation, especially when the system doesn't allow giving a kid $10 for a movie.

While I do not rule out that there was a flagrant rules violation his dad is a car salesman (no joke) so it would not surprise me if the dealership gave him a sweetheart deal now for later consideration. I remember when Dan Kendra was driving a sweet car after committing to FSU and everyone thought they bought it for him but his parent s had set aside a huge chunk of money for his college and since he got a full ride it was his to do as he wanted and he bought the car.

You just never know....
Rick
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Mar 13 2016, 11:54 AM) *
While I do not rule out that there was a flagrant rules violation his dad is a car salesman (no joke) so it would not surprise me if the dealership gave him a sweetheart deal now for later consideration. I remember when Dan Kendra was driving a sweet car after committing to FSU and everyone thought they bought it for him but his parent s had set aside a huge chunk of money for his college and since he got a full ride it was his to do as he wanted and he bought the car.

You just never know....

That is EXACTLY how they work the rules. Sweetheart deals on things, jobs for parents, etc. All under the radar and all benefiting the kid. I'm totally ok with all of it with as much money as these crooks, er ah, colleges make off these kids.
mcnabbulous
He's about to get drafted. Getting a car is not hard under those circumstances.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Rick @ Mar 13 2016, 06:58 PM) *
That is EXACTLY how they work the rules. Sweetheart deals on things, jobs for parents, etc. All under the radar and all benefiting the kid. I'm totally ok with all of it with as much money as these crooks, er ah, colleges make off these kids.

His dad was a;ready a car salesman...and he is done with school for all intent and purpose.

His possible "sweetheart" deal has nothing to do with the school at this point in all likelyhood...perhaps with his agent but not the school.
Zero
I don't think this is Johnny Football drunk we're talking about and I don't care if he has a Benz fleet before graduation. I have no idea what kind of person he is or if he's a good fit as QB. Ray the Diddy really likes him ... that probably means he won't be an Eagle ... and that's probably the area where the Eagles will take a QB if they don't do it at 8.
Joegrane
Are you kidding me?! Roseman won't be able to resist the opportunity to trade up and steal Chip's QB even if he has to give up the remainder of his draft picks do to it. He'll be so excited he'll shoot his load all over J Lurie's eyeglasses. ac6.gif

QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 14 2016, 04:48 AM) *
I don't think this is Johnny Football drunk we're talking about and I don't care if he has a Benz fleet before graduation. I have no idea what kind of person he is or if he's a good fit as QB. Ray the Diddy really likes him ... that probably means he won't be an Eagle ... and that's probably the area where the Eagles will take a QB if they don't do it at 8.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.