Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FA WRs still available
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Marques Colston 32
Andre Holmes 27
Greg Jennings 32
Andre Johnson 34
James Jones 31
Joe Morgan 27
Preston Parker 29
Rico Richardson 24
Marcus Thigpen 29
Mike Wallace 29
Griff Whalen 26
Roddy White 34
Anquan Boldin 35
Percy Harvin 27
Rueben Randle 24
Eyrie
We have plenty of "inconsistent" youth, so a veteran presence like Boldin would make sense.
Joegrane
You forgot...TO 78

I don't know what cap space they have left but I don't expect them to do much at WR. I'm fine if they take the person who would be the best player-coach over someone like Reuben Can't-Handle.

I was surprised to see R White's age. Last year against the Eagles he looked like he still had something left in the tank. Maybe that says more about the Eagles' secondary at that time : (

I imagine Percy Harvin looks tempting in a list at his age but do you want your young WRs learning from him? Does he have anything left after all of the injuries?

I expect them to draft a "big" WR in the middle rounds like they did with Coop-- 5th rnd

QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 13 2016, 08:01 AM) *
Marques Colston 32
Andre Holmes 27
Greg Jennings 32
Andre Johnson 34
James Jones 31
Joe Morgan 27
Preston Parker 29
Rico Richardson 24
Marcus Thigpen 29
Mike Wallace 29
Griff Whalen 26
Roddy White 34
Anquan Boldin 35
Percy Harvin 27
Rueben Randle 24

Zero
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 13 2016, 10:43 AM) *
We have plenty of "inconsistent" youth, so a veteran presence like Boldin would make sense.

I think Boldin on a 1 yr deal would help the kids plus add on the field
nephillymike
We need an outside WR with some giddy up.

I think only Mike Wallace and James Jones fits that bill.

If we're in win now mode, which it looks like we are, I shop our #3 to teams and get a real NFL outside Wr from another team. No question. I think it should get us a solid starter. There are teams out there that could be three deep at WR especially considering the draft upcoming.
Zero
What teams have a WR who would fit our needs and would be willing to part with him for an unknown pick? And who is the player? Just asking.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 13 2016, 10:44 AM) *
What teams have a WR who would fit our needs and would be willing to part with him for an unknown pick? And who is the player? Just asking.

Don't know, it would take a while to page thru the rosters. There are some out there.

Thing is, an upper 3rd round pick buys a lot of players in this league. Not that I agree with it, but NFL GM's loves them some draft picks.

I would think you could get a team to give up 2/3 of the players on their team for an upper 3rd round pick.
Reality Fan
James Jones is the guy...still productive and cheap....
The Franchise
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 13 2016, 08:01 AM) *
Marques Colston 32
Andre Holmes 27
Greg Jennings 32
Andre Johnson 34
James Jones 31
Joe Morgan 27
Preston Parker 29
Rico Richardson 24
Marcus Thigpen 29
Mike Wallace 29
Griff Whalen 26
Roddy White 34
Anquan Boldin 35
Percy Harvin 27
Rueben Randle 24

Some good solid names there that would be a great fit for a 1 year deal to help our young crappy WR's.

Colston is only 32?! I feel like I picked him for fantasy football when I was in college.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.