Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Concession Speech
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
I, Northeast Philly Mike, in all embarrassment, do hereby certify in front of all, that I was wrrrrr about the contract that Sam Bradford would get this year as a Free Agent. My auditors have completed their review and did find that contrary to many published reports, he did in fact sign a contract for two year and 35M, a 17.5M average and not the 18M I wagered on, nor previously erroneously reported.

I do therefore concede, in all embarrassment, that I do owe one Reality Fan, aka RF, wings and beers as payoff for loss of bet. It was good to see him swirm those last days when he was so sure it would be less than $15M, and I was surprised that a two year deal could come so close, but in the end, they don't round up 17.5 to 18 and I do in fact owe him wings and beer.

This is America in the 2000's and others have overcome greater embarrassments than this and I hope some day to be able to ascend to such heights.

RF, you ran a clean campaign, with less smugness than usual, and I look forward to paying off my debt in the near future.

Richard Nixon says it best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya1GWB2AMnY
Rick
Way to own it. smile.gif
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 12 2016, 11:43 PM) *
I, Northeast Philly Mike, in all embarrassment, do hereby certify in front of all, that I was wrrrrr about the contract that Sam Bradford would get this year as a Free Agent. My auditors have completed their review and did find that contrary to many published reports, he did in fact sign a contract for two year and 35M, a 17.5M average and not the 18M I wagered on, nor previously erroneously reported.

I do therefore concede, in all embarrassment, that I do owe one Reality Fan, aka RF, wings and beers as payoff for loss of bet. It was good to see him swirm those last days when he was so sure it would be less than $15M, and I was surprised that a two year deal could come so close, but in the end, they don't round up 17.5 to 18 and I do in fact owe him wings and beer.

This is America in the 2000's and others have overcome greater embarrassments than this and I hope some day to be able to ascend to such heights.

RF, you ran a clean campaign, with less smugness than usual, and I look forward to paying off my debt in the near future.

Richard Nixon says it best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya1GWB2AMnY

First I would like to thank God, my family who supported me throughout the process....my agent.....my dogs who were there for me when thinks got tense.....the woman 2 houses down who took time out of her busy schedule to....oh wait...this is a family site.....

There were times when it was nip and tuck...I was very surprised at the dollar amounts but they paid a premium for the short duration. I will concede that the market has played out very strangely. I didi not expect Houston to grab Osweiler and I did not expect the Jets to low ball Fitzpatrick. I did expect Daniels here and I am not surprised by the talk about him starting. I am surprised that so much credence has been given to that....and the money he was given....he is an expensive coach.

That said I am looking forward to a very fun and expensive wings and beer outing.....I will check to see if Vetri, The Capital Grill or Barclay Prime have wings..... devil03.gif
Zero
You should thank your hands. biggrin.gif
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Mar 13 2016, 09:29 AM) *
First I would like to thank God, my family who supported me throughout the process....my agent.....my dogs who were there for me when thinks got tense.....the woman 2 houses down who took time out of her busy schedule to....oh wait...this is a family site.....

There were times when it was nip and tuck...I was very surprised at the dollar amounts but they paid a premium for the short duration. I will concede that the market has played out very strangely. I didi not expect Houston to grab Osweiler and I did not expect the Jets to low ball Fitzpatrick. I did expect Daniels here and I am not surprised by the talk about him starting. I am surprised that so much credence has been given to that....and the money he was given....he is an expensive coach.

That said I am looking forward to a very fun and expensive wings and beer outing.....I will check to see if Vetri, The Capital Grill or Barclay Prime have wings..... devil03.gif

I was thinking Pizza Hut wings with a six pack of Natural Light !!

I was checking out possible half way points between NE Phila and Bethlehem and I think I may be able to twist Z's arm for a trip out for some beers and he comes from the Yardley area, so it looks like somewhere near Doylestown/ Furlong area would be somewhere close to a midpoint for an outing. As far as timing, let me get past tax date (4/18) and maybe we can do something shortly after then, does that seem OK?

Look forward to it!
nephillymike
So I think I'm finally over the devastating bet loss and I'm reading an article on PFT and have to hear about it again!! sad.gif

The mistake from 18M to 17.5M!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/...the-bar-higher/
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 13 2016, 09:42 AM) *
You should thank your hands. biggrin.gif

That is a horrible rumor....!!!!
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 13 2016, 10:03 AM) *
I was thinking Pizza Hut wings with a six pack of Natural Light !!

I was checking out possible half way points between NE Phila and Bethlehem and I think I may be able to twist Z's arm for a trip out for some beers and he comes from the Yardley area, so it looks like somewhere near Doylestown/ Furlong area would be somewhere close to a midpoint for an outing. As far as timing, let me get past tax date (4/18) and maybe we can do something shortly after then, does that seem OK?

Look forward to it!

That is fine....I will begin researching an adequate location and commence fasting so I can eat an impressive amount of food....lol
nephillymike
Seems like Fitz is having a tough time landing a deal to his liking.

Do you think he'll get more than $14M per?

You got the Jets and Broncos interested at a price, but not his price.
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Mar 13 2016, 12:26 PM) *
That is fine....I will begin researching an adequate location and commence fasting so I can eat an impressive amount of food....lol

MOM's?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 13 2016, 11:36 AM) *
Seems like Fitz is having a tough time landing a deal to his liking.

Do you think he'll get more than $14M per?

You got the Jets and Broncos interested at a price, but not his price.

The jets allegedly offered him Chase Daniel money....that is crazy
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 13 2016, 11:41 AM) *

No wings....
Reality Fan
The Naceville Hotel or McCoole's(quakertown)
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Mar 13 2016, 11:59 AM) *
The Naceville Hotel or McCoole's(quakertown)

I will check with my people for suitable sites that meet the beer snobbery requirements of Z and I !!

When I saw Quakertown, I thought you were going Bubba'a Pot Belly Stove on me!!

Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 13 2016, 10:40 PM) *
I will check with my people for suitable sites that meet the beer snobbery requirements of Z and I !!

When I saw Quakertown, I thought you were going Bubba'a Pot Belly Stove on me!!

I have not been to Bubba's in about 15 years.....
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 14 2016, 04:43 AM) *

I missed that too!!

Looks pretty good.

Have you been there before?

I have a few more on the radar screen up in that area. I got some friends who frequent bars up that way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.