Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Financial Summary of FA Deals
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Here is how the cap hit breaks down by year for the new guys. Nothing on Bradham yet, though.

POS....Name.........Yrs/Tot$/SB/Guar..Age.....2016......2017......2018.....2019....2020..Notes............................

OG...B. Brooks.....5/40M/11M/22M...26........3.2.........7.2........10.7.......9.7.......9.2...#60 best FA, 3rd best FA OG
FS...R. McLeod.....5/35M/8M/17M.....25........2.6.........5.6.........7.6........9.1.....10.1..#57 best FA,5th best FA S,8th in'15
QB..C. Daniel.......3/21M/6M/12M.....29........5.0.........8.0.........8.0........N/A.......N/A..#64 best FA, 3rd best FA QB
CB..L. McKelvin....2/6.2M/0.5M/3M...30........2.75......3.45........N/A.......N/A.......N/A...not rated,played a lot down stretch
CB..R. Brooks......3/5.5M/.75M/1.5M.27.......1.05.......2.1..........2.4.......N/A.......N/A..105th best CB '15 by PFF (A)
OLB.N. Bradham..2/7.M/1.5M/4.5M...26.......2.75......4.25........N/A.......N/A.......N/A..#69 best FA, 5th best FA LB
CB...N. Carroll......1/2.36M/?/?..........29.......2.36........N/A........N/A.......N/A.......N/A...#68th best CB, 84th best FA

(A) - PFF ratings of PHI CB - Biggers 64th, Carroll 68th, Rowe 74th, Maxwell 129th
........PFF ratings of PHI S's - Jenkins 2nd, Thurmond 25th

I wonder why Bradham's detail not out yet.

So we saved 9.9M of cap space by jettisoning Moe Larry and Curly. With that cap space, we were able to buy:

OG Brooks (3.2), FS McLeod (2.6) +4.1 of Daniel's 5.0M

We saved 16.5M in cash by getting rid of the trio. With that cash, we had enough to pay SB and 1st yr salaries for:

OG Brooks 12M (11M SB, 1M Sal), +1/2 of McLeod's 9M (8M SB +1M sal)

Now that's some good return. That's how you turn cap and $ savings into talent. The picks were a plus!!

The one real odd thing I noticed. They paid Daniel $6M of bonus, 3 roster in '16 and 3 SB at signing. The SB is amortized over 3 years, but the roster bonus hits this year. If they made it all $6M SB, the hit for the bonus part this year would be 2M (6/3yrs). By doing it the way they did, the cap hit this year is $2M more than if they did standard SB. This would signify they are not pinching pennies for tis year on the cap which makes no sense. $2M of cap space can buy some players. I don't see why they would do this. It is a roster bonus this year, so not likely they'll cut him this year.

No idea on that one. It could signify that they're done in FA this year, which without a WR would be very very disappointing to me.

Any theory on it?
Joegrane
But is the product on the field going to be better?

Are the CBs better than Maxwell?

Who will play RB?

I understand that they were able to sign more FAs to fill more holes-OG, SAM LB, S. So in that way maybe the team will actually be better without the holes even though the trade will weaken the RB and CB positions.

I'm not being critical of the decisions as much as I am being cautious. We'll see how this all works out.

We saved 16.5M in cash by getting rid of the trio. With that cash, we had enough to pay SB and 1st yr salaries for:

OG Brooks 12M (11M SB, 1M Sal), +1/2 of McLeod's 9M (8M SB +1M sal)

Now that's some good return. That's how you turn cap and $ savings into talent. The picks were a plus!!
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 10 2016, 10:24 PM) *
This would signify they are not pinching pennies for tis year on the cap which makes no sense. Any theory on it?

Too many numbers for me. Maybe they're saying they'll wait until next year for Cox.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 11 2016, 11:04 AM) *
Too many numbers for me. Maybe they're saying they'll wait until next year for Cox.

Or they can't agree a deal with Cox this year so they're trying to save 2017 cap by paying a roster bonus to the 2016 signings to provide more leeway for next year.
nephillymike
Updated to include Bradham and Carroll contracts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.