Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Here's a tough question to answer
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
If a team calls you and says they want to trade you for Sam Bradford, what would it take for you to do the deal?

As far as draft picks go, what would you require to do the deal? What type pick in what round (ie low 1st, high 3rd etc)

Now if they weren't willing to give much in draft pick value, what if they were willing to give us a player at a position of need?

Would you require a Pro Bowl player? A solid starter? An average starter?

If you assume Bradford's deal was close to fair market value (1/2 Mill below FMV by my calc sad.gif ), how much extra could we be expected to get in a trade? He is a QB and there is some desperation out there?

I really don't know. I need to think about it more.

How about you guys? Do you entertain a trade and at what return??

Zero
I don't know about this line of thinking. From the start Pederson has emphasized the importance of strength at the QB position. Having Bradford as starter, Daniel as #2 and a rookie as #3 fits that. We can debate how good these guys are, but I doubt we'd argue if they would be a stronger unit without one of the first two assuming your scenario of a trade.

Howie's been aggressive but there's been purpose and method to that. Moving Bradford would throw a shadow on Pederson's credibility before he ever coached a day, a doubt that would darken every statement he made for a long time. That's not a way to start your HC career.

Louis Riddick was on 97.5 and was gushing about the Daniel signing, saying he was the perfect backup. This doesn't put a nail in the coffin of your theory, but it's an opinion that apparently is shared by several NFL types. Listen to him, and put it into context with what was said at the press conference today. This isn't Buddy and his medical reject comment, this is a new coach in a new era working to establish credibility following a bad communicator.

For extra credit, who was the medical reject?
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 10 2016, 09:03 PM) *
I don't know about this line of thinking. From the start Pederson has emphasized the importance of strength at the QB position. Having Bradford as starter, Daniel as #2 and a rookie as #3 fits that. We can debate how good these guys are, but I doubt we'd argue if they would be a stronger unit without one of the first two assuming your scenario of a trade.

Howie's been aggressive but there's been purpose and method to that. Moving Bradford would throw a shadow on Pederson's credibility before he ever coached a day, a doubt that would darken every statement he made for a long time. That's not a way to start your HC career.

Louis Riddick was on 97.5 and was gushing about the Daniel signing, saying he was the perfect backup. This doesn't put a nail in the coffin of your theory, but it's an opinion that apparently is shared by several NFL types. Listen to him, and put it into context with what was said at the press conference today. This isn't Buddy and his medical reject comment, this is a new coach in a new era working to establish credibility following a bad communicator.

For extra credit, who was the medical reject?

Child Please,

Keith Byars!!
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 10 2016, 08:20 PM) *
If a team calls you and says they want to trade you for Sam Bradford, what would it take for you to do the deal?

As far as draft picks go, what would you require to do the deal? What type pick in what round (ie low 1st, high 3rd etc)

Now if they weren't willing to give much in draft pick value, what if they were willing to give us a player at a position of need?

Would you require a Pro Bowl player? A solid starter? An average starter?

If you assume Bradford's deal was close to fair market value (1/2 Mill below FMV by my calc sad.gif ), how much extra could we be expected to get in a trade? He is a QB and there is some desperation out there?

I really don't know. I need to think about it more.

How about you guys? Do you entertain a trade and at what return??

I heard that is what is holding up extending Cox...they have a team that they want to trade him to and they are negotiating compensation before the extension....
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Mar 10 2016, 09:44 PM) *
I heard that is what is holding up extending Cox...they have a team that they want to trade him to and they are negotiating compensation before the extension....

huh?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 10 2016, 10:25 PM) *
huh?

huh? what?
Joegrane
You don't expect a "huh" when you suggest that they are trying to trade their best player?

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Mar 10 2016, 10:59 PM) *
huh? what?

Zero
I think he was just being a smart ass regarding the thought of a Bradford trade. cool.gif
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 11 2016, 05:59 AM) *
I think he was just being a smart ass regarding the thought of a Bradford trade. cool.gif

ding ding ding....we have a winner!!!...lolol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.