Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A followup
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Nabby posted about Andy and the Chiefs losing picks for tampering with Maclin. Why am I the only one who seems upset by this?

It's not just the tampering, I'm sure that happens more frequently than we hear about. But obviously this time it was blatant enough for the league to take action by penalizing them picks. I like that there is an attempt at accountability but I don't get why the team that was cheated doesn't get the proceeds. Yes, it's the Eagles but the guy who is the victim should get some compensation. If they're taking a third from them, doesn't it make sense to give it to the guy who lost the player?

I also understand that Chip was passive throughout. It doesn't matter. If the NFL thought that KC was guilty enough to punish them the victim should get something in return. Those picks are just flushed away while according the NFL a team lost a player due to a rule violation. Really?
mcnabbulous
There is a precedent for the team that was tampered with benefitting from the penalties. I'm not sure why that isn't the case here.

Example 1

Example 2
Zero
Well, WTF! I wonder if the Eagles are appealing also.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.