Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For those of us trying to keep score at home ...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
CB ... Maxwell out; McKelvin, Brooks in
S ... Thurmond out?; McLeod in
LB ... Alonso out; Bradham in
OL ... Brooks in
QB ... Bradford in, Daniel in
RB ... Murray out
WR ... Cooper out

6 additions, 3 dismissals, 1 renewal (not counting the extensions) ... +3

The team replaced a CB and added one (+1). They replaced a S and a LB and added both a QB (+1) and a G (+1). They removed a RB and a WR and have yet to replace them (-2). Quick math = holes remaining at RB and WR.

Do they bring back Polk and then go to the draft? Apparently they're keeping Mathews. My concern with relying on just a rookie is pass protection.

Rumors are they have interest in WR Holmes ... meh.
nephillymike
CB ... Maxwell out; McKelvin, Brooks in
S ... Thurmond out?; McLeod in
LB ... Alonso out; Bradham in
OL ... Brooks in
QB ... Bradford in, Daniel in
RB ... Murray out
WR ... Cooper out

Bradford's a wash, he was here last year.

a little upgrade at CB
decent upgrade at S for this system
an upgrade at LB
huge upgrade at OG
a little upgrade at B/U QB
a small hole at b/u RB
anyone they sign as a low late FA will be better than Cooper. We need more in FA now!!

I like it.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 10 2016, 10:33 PM) *
We need more in FA now!!

If you had a chance to listen to that piece on 97.5 I posted, Riddick is talking about how hard it is to assimilate FA on a team. He says they're essentially statues as opposed to rookies who are moldable clay. He says FA have to be a perfect fit in order to benefit a team. When he said it I kept thinking that a team with new coaches and new systems is essentially dealing with all FA except for rookies ... no? So normally I would think "need more FA" would be difficult to transition for the coaches, but maybe not in the first year of a new staff.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 11 2016, 06:15 AM) *
If you had a chance to listen to that piece on 97.5 I posted, Riddick is talking about how hard it is to assimilate FA on a team. He says they're essentially statues as opposed to rookies who are moldable clay. He says FA have to be a perfect fit in order to benefit a team. When he said it I kept thinking that a team with new coaches and new systems is essentially dealing with all FA except for rookies ... no? So normally I would think "need more FA" would be difficult to transition for the coaches, but maybe not in the first year of a new staff.

I agree
nd9kel
Any word about Sanchez?
Joegrane
I assume he is on the trading block.

They got a conditional 7th for M Barkley.

QUOTE (nd9kel @ Mar 11 2016, 01:10 PM) *
Any word about Sanchez?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.