Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OLB Nigel Bradham joins the Eagles
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
rumply
Bradham agreed to a 2 year deal with the Eagles after 4 seasons in Buffalo, had previously played in the 4-3 under Schwartz at Buffalo so looks a likely replacement for Alonso.

Looks like another good signing, I am liking the way things are progressing this offseason.
Eyrie
QUOTE (rumply @ Mar 10 2016, 06:12 AM) *
.... so looks a likely replacement for Alonso.

I hope not - we need this guy to be a good player and not a disappointment.

Alonso would have played WILL, so I'm assuming Kendricks plays there because the new guy is a SAM.
nd9kel
God help Schwarz if this defense goes south with all this incestuous hiring....
Joegrane
For the first year, the guys familiar with the system will be an asset. With all of the talent on the D Line and solid safeties I can't imagine the D going South.

The 30 Y.O. corner obviously is not a long-term fix. Clearly they'll need to draft more talent for the D.

I still don't understand why Barwin fits better as a DE than as a SAM LB. Can anyone explain?

Can anyone explain why
QUOTE (nd9kel @ Mar 10 2016, 05:36 PM) *
God help Schwarz if this defense goes south with all this incestuous hiring....

nephillymike
Bradham is the SAM LB, that is why.

Can't imagine him being better than Barwin.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 10 2016, 08:52 PM) *
Bradham is the SAM LB, that is why.

Can't imagine him being better than Barwin.

Listening to Vic Carucci from the Buffalo News apparently Bradham was a stud at SAM under Schwartz and then seemed lost in Ryan's complex defense which is why he was available...apparently him, Mario Williams and a few others were public about their unhappiness playing in it
Joegrane
Thanks for the replies guys but I bet we'll see Barwin play some at SAM. He seems to me to be an intriguing piece for Schwartz. He can be a "joker" who can drop into coverage or blitz.

I wonder if Barwin is not as strong at the point of attack, at setting an edge and shedding blockers.

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Mar 10 2016, 09:42 PM) *
Listening to Vic Carucci from the Buffalo News apparently Bradham was a stud at SAM under Schwartz and then seemed lost in Ryan's complex defense which is why he was available...apparently him, Mario Williams and a few others were public about their unhappiness playing in it
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.