Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome aboard Chase Daniels
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
You could see this coming a mile away. Hopefully the Eagles are going the route of the Seahawks and bringing in every worthy arm until they find the right fit.

According to ESPNís Adams (Schefter and Caplan), the Eagles will sign Chiefs quarterback Chase Daniel when the league year begins.

Linc
nd9kel
He's short. He didn't win anything at Missouri. He picks his boogers and eats them (actual video from Alamo Bowl big 12 championship game). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEW8_KVhDFE
mcnabbulous
I'd rather have him than Sanchez. That's about all I've got to say about that.
mcnabbulous
Whoa

caplannfl: From @adamschefter and I: Chase Daniel agreed to a 3-year, $21m deal with $12m fully guaranteed with #Eagles.
HobbEs
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 9 2016, 04:06 PM) *
Whoa

caplannfl: From @adamschefter and I: Chase Daniel agreed to a 3-year, $21m deal with $12m fully guaranteed with #Eagles.

Them's there starting numbers...
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Mar 9 2016, 03:08 PM) *
Them's there starting numbers...

Very low end, but they're very high end backup numbers. Could we possibly...no we couldn't...or could we be dangling Bradford to a team that just won a SB and lost two QBs?

It's a wild time to be alive.
Eagle2720
If he's not starting or at least in competition to start, then I think that's absurd to be paying the backup that much but that's just me.
GroundedBird
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 9 2016, 04:10 PM) *
Very low end, but they're very high end backup numbers. Could we possibly...no we couldn't...or could we be dangling Bradford to a team that just won a SB and lost two QBs?

It's a wild time to be alive.

I'm thinking that depends on if a QB is taken in the first.

The #8 (From Miami trade) , plus #32 plus #77 = 2195 on the points scale.

That's almost the #3 overall (2200)

... just saying...
mcnabbulous
Reporters are saying no dice on a Bradford trade. I think we're going best defender available at #8. Hopefully that means Hargreaves, Bosa, or Jack.
Joegrane
If one of the two QBs drop to #8 I would not be surprised to see a draft-day trade.

I imagine Sam would be okay with it.
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 9 2016, 04:10 PM) *
... Could we possibly...no we couldn't...or could we be dangling Bradford to a team that just won a SB and lost two QBs?

Reality Fan
Just when it seems like Howie is back on his game he goes and ruins it....there is no reason....none...to pay Daniels that kind of money.....he is a guy in the league for 6 uears and has thrown for 454 yds.....in 6 fucking years.....there is no conceivable reason to pay him anymore than KC did...

Horrible, horrible move if these details are correct..

6 years.....
77 attempts
50 completions

I don't give a rat's ass if he knows the system....in-fucking-sane
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Mar 9 2016, 04:14 PM) *
Just when it seems like Howie is back on his game he goes and ruins it....there is no reason....none...to pay Daniels that kind of money.....he is a guy in the league for 6 uears and has thrown for 454 yds.....in 6 fucking years.....there is no conceivable reason to pay him anymore than KC did...

Horrible, horrible move if these details are correct..

6 years.....
77 attempts
50 completions

I don't give a rat's ass if he knows the system....in-fucking-sane

The money being thrown around today is absolutely insane. That's my only explanation.

And that he's going to compete for the starting spot.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 9 2016, 05:20 PM) *
The money being thrown around today is absolutely insane. That's my only explanation.

And that he's going to compete for the starting spot.

That is the real kick in the balls....the rumor that he will compete for a starting job.....

If that is the case you don't sign Bradford to a 2 year/35 million dollar deal ( blah.gif Mikey)....you get a mid level guy and they compete....you piss away 12.5 this year and 9 more next year for no reason......and no matter what...you just pissed away a big chunk for Chase fucking Daniels.....6 years and he earned 2 starts.....after some good moves Howie crashes back to earth.....and that is all good money that could have gone to the Cox deal....

unreal.....just unreal......ruined my entire mood....
mcnabbulous
The money is crazy, but unless you have a legit QB, it's basically throwing darts. Howie and Doug are hoping one of them hits. We will draft a guy in the mid-rounds and maybe that dude becomes our Russ Wilson.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Mar 9 2016, 05:29 PM) *
That is the real kick in the balls....the rumor that he will compete for a starting job.....

If that is the case you don't sign Bradford to a 2 year/35 million dollar deal ( blah.gif Mikey)....you get a mid level guy and they compete....you piss away 12.5 this year and 9 more next year for no reason......and no matter what...you just pissed away a big chunk for Chase fucking Daniels.....6 years and he earned 2 starts.....after some good moves Howie crashes back to earth.....and that is all good money that could have gone to the Cox deal....

unreal.....just unreal......ruined my entire mood....

Except for the emoticon, I agree.

Doesn't make sense. But let's let the dust clear. Let's see who lost the QB musical chairs game in a few days.

He could be going Hinkie on us and trying to get assets.
Joegrane
It all makes sense if they think they are getting one of the QBs at #8.

How are they getting this done within the cap space? I thought they only had 15mil or so after Bradford signed. I suppose some of the $ is backloaded.

I suppose they are trying to move Sanchez to save almost $5mil.

The money being thrown around today is absolutely insane.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Mar 9 2016, 07:55 PM) *
It all makes sense if they think they are getting one of the QBs at #8.

How are they getting this done within the cap space? I thought they only had 15mil or so after Bradford signed. I suppose some of the $ is backloaded.

They gained another 10 million with the trades.....they will get another 3.5 when Sanchez is cut/traded
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.