Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Safety: Rodney McCloud
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
Signed to a 5 year, $37M deal.

According to Pro Football Focus, McLeod was the 10th best safety in the league. The NFL is always looking for talented free safeties, so his interest among safety starved teams comes as no surprise.

Source

mcnabbulous
Sorry, McLeod. That's a weird way to spell a name.
make_it_rain
McLeod is good, no doubt. I'm ok with the signing, but have to wonder why they didnt just re-sign Thurmond? Injury concerns maybe? I thought Thurmond probably played pretty well and we could almost certainly have re-signed him for less than they gave McLeod.
Phits
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Mar 9 2016, 01:10 PM) *
McLeod is good, no doubt. I'm ok with the signing, but have to wonder why they didnt just re-sign Thurmond? Injury concerns maybe? I thought Thurmond probably played pretty well and we could almost certainly have re-signed him for less than they gave McLeod.

They are cleaning out the Chip Kelly musk.
make_it_rain
QUOTE (Phits @ Mar 9 2016, 02:13 PM) *
They are cleaning out the Chip Kelly musk.

lol, another good point. At any rate, this is good news. McLeod can cover and tackle, and hes young (only 25 or 26 I think). It's not a stretch to say that him and Jenkins might be the best safety tandem in the league, or at least one of them.
mcnabbulous
I don't know shit about him, but all the measurables check out. Great signing on paper.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Mar 9 2016, 01:17 PM) *
lol, another good point. At any rate, this is good news. McLeod can cover and tackle, and hes young (only 25 or 26 I think). It's not a stretch to say that him and Jenkins might be the best safety tandem in the league, or at least one of them.

From what I heard Shwartz wanted a true SS that can tackle, Thurmond as a converted CB was a good cover safety which was what Davis wanted, different styles. Jenkins and McCloud might be pretty good.
mcnabbulous
It's funny that people would have anything but praise for this move. This guy sounds like everything the fans have been clamoring for at the position.
Eyrie
Looks to be a solid addition.

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 9 2016, 05:44 PM) *
Sorry, McLeod. That's a weird way to spell a name.

McLeod/MacLeod is the correct way to spell the clan name.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 9 2016, 02:24 PM) *
McLeod/MacLeod is the correct way to spell the clan name.

YOU would think so smile.gif
Eyrie
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 9 2016, 08:25 PM) *
YOU would think so smile.gif

It's a Scottish name biggrin.gif

Don't think we have a Clan McNabbulous though ohmy.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 9 2016, 03:19 PM) *

I thought he looked Scottish.

Eyrie
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 9 2016, 09:22 PM) *
I thought he looked Scottish.

Lewis must get more sun than I thought.

But we're claiming him (providing he plays well).
nephillymike
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 9 2016, 04:19 PM) *

Don't think we have a Clan McNabbulous though ohmy.gif

Oh great. Just what we need. Eyrie giving a spelling lessen.

Can this day get any more strange???
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 9 2016, 07:47 PM) *

I heard Howie is pressing the league to remove any player who played for Oregon under Chip but Tenn. is fighting it....
Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 10 2016, 12:47 AM) *

Maybe with another spelling lesson?

tongue.gif
nephillymike
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 10 2016, 03:03 PM) *
Maybe with another spelling lesson?

tongue.gif

Bwah!!

I deserve that one
Zero
Quietly for the past two years with the Rams, McLeod has been the rangiest centerfield safety in football not named Earl Thomas. His speed translates as effectively east and west as it does north and south. And when he goes north and south, heís a willing and able hitter. Coaches who have to scheme against McLeod have told me they think heís in Thomasís class.
MMQB ...
I don't know the author, but this seems high praise. I had read opposite reviews and I've also read that speed isn't McLeod's strong suit. I don't know what to think about this, but thought I'd share because it sounds really, really good. cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.