Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This is all well and good...BUT
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
Most years it looks like this when Howie is making moves (last year not included) it seems like he is making good moves, and on paper he is. But who they add and how it plays out in the real season never seems to live up to it. So, in that light, I will reserve any judgements until this season plays out, because I still see no reason to believe Howie (or his scouts) can consistently find the right talent, either drafting or in FA. My official position is that I do not believe they have solved the real talent acquisition problem they have had and will look with skepticism on any move until they show me they are actually improving on the field.

I mean really, does anyone have faith in Howie to do anything other than handle the cap?
nephillymike
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Mar 8 2016, 08:55 PM) *
Most years it looks like this when Howie is making moves (last year not included) it seems like he is making good moves, and on paper he is. But who they add and how it plays out in the real season never seems to live up to it. So, in that light, I will reserve any judgements until this season plays out, because I still see no reason to believe Howie (or his scouts) can consistently find the right talent, either drafting or in FA. My official position is that I do not believe they have solved the real talent acquisition problem they have had and will look with skepticism on any move until they show me they are actually improving on the field.

I mean really, does anyone have faith in Howie to do anything other than handle the cap?

Nope.

His drafts were below average though, not horrible. His FA acquisitions, below average.

He's the team with solid starting pitching (the draft pick and cap maneuvering) and sub par bullpen (the recruitment of talent).

We'll see. If you get enough lottery tickets you have a better chance to hit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.