Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey, about the Skins being stupid for franchising their QB
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/...t-kirk-cousins/

As told this AM, that year's draft Howie really wanted Cousins but Reid won out and we got Foles.

If they didn't franchise him, we were going after him.
Reality Fan
The operative word in that article is IF....

They should have signed him to a 3 year deal in the low to mid teens....now he starts at 20 million if he has just a decent year....

Remeber...this is a guy who had a hot streak to end the year...he still has a losing record as a starter....

much like I would not have broken the bank for Bradford there is no way I would have done so for Cousins...

Cousins was 1-4 last year as a starter and while you can accept him losing to Seattle or Arizona hard to write off his poor showing against Tenn. and his only win came a gainst an equally putrid Jax.

Last year he had a torrid last 6 games but 4 of those were against a bad Cowboys team, the Eagles collapsed D and a historically bad Giants D.
HobbEs
I liked Cousins coming out that year as well. You can only wonder how he would've been in a (QB friendly) system like ours instead of the hot mess that is the skins.
Dreagon
So in the end, it turned out Shanahan picked the right QB instead of Snyder and the experts on ESPN.
Reality Fan
Wow....suddenly Cousins is a stud after 6 games.....funny how his mediocrity for the previous 3 seasons is forgotten....

I understand people shrugging off Bradford's 7 game run with garbage at the WR position...

But Cousins did not have that......he had a good TE....several proven and talented WRs....and a running game that was effective....

And now everyone "knew" he would be good.....just keep that badge displayed when he is crap this time next year so we can celebrate together....

Maybe he is the real deal....but he had the chance to show that the previous year and did not wow anyone then...

mcnabbulous
Cousins sucks.
Phits
The biggest knock against Cousin's was his failure to take care of the ball. It appears that he corrected that issue this past season. He only threw 11 picks....5 coming in one game vs Carolina.

He may not be the next coming, but he is better than you give him credit for. Of course, it may all be smoke and mirrors due to the contract year.

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Mar 8 2016, 11:19 AM) *
Wow....suddenly Cousins is a stud after 6 games.....funny how his mediocrity for the previous 3 seasons is forgotten....

I understand people shrugging off Bradford's 7 game run with garbage at the WR position...

But Cousins did not have that......he had a good TE....several proven and talented WRs....and a running game that was effective....

And now everyone "knew" he would be good.....just keep that badge displayed when he is crap this time next year so we can celebrate together....

Maybe he is the real deal....but he had the chance to show that the previous year and did not wow anyone then...

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Mar 8 2016, 11:45 AM) *
Of course, it may all be smoke and mirrors due to the contract year.

More importantly, give NFL DCs an off season to course correct. That's usually the defining factor on these one hit wonders.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Mar 8 2016, 12:45 PM) *
The biggest knock against Cousin's was his failure to take care of the ball. It appears that he corrected that issue this past season. He only threw 11 picks....5 coming in one game vs Carolina.

He may not be the next coming, but he is better than you give him credit for. Of course, it may all be smoke and mirrors due to the contract year.

I just have seen too many of these guys.....like I said....he may be a really good QB but up until the last 6 games of last year he was Ryan Fitzpatrick......and he had the weapons to succeed he was nothing special until Jackson came back....

I think Nabby says it best..we will know quickly next year if he is the real deal
nephillymike
I mentioned it only to say it looks like the Eagles would have went after Cousins instead of Sam.

Not saying either is any good, or bad for that matter.

Found it interesting.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.