Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Salary Cap Impacts of These Three Moves
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
So basically you take the cap charge we would have had this year and compare it to the unamortized signing bonus from there deals with us and the difference is the savings. Since any future guaranteed salary or roster bonuses go with them to the new teams, we don't get hit with those.

Name............2016 Cap Chg If Stayed......Unamort SB................Salary Cap Freed
Murray.........8.0M (7Sal +1M SB Amort)....4M (4 yr x 1M per)...... = +4.0M
Maxwell.......9.7M (8.5M sal+1.2SB amort).4.8M (4 yr x 1.2M per).= +4.9M
Alonso.........1.0M (sal only as Buf ate his SB).....none....................= +1.0M

Total Cap Freed Up = 9.9M

FWIW, R. Mathews would be another $2M of cap savings = 4M (3MSal + 1M SB amort) - 2M SB amort (1M/yr x 2 yrs)

It's like the finance geek has run a muck in the Eagles front office on national tampering day!!

Joe Banner must be proud!
Zero
I don't think we've seen the end of this. More trades? Restructures? Howie's Excel has been burning wheelies for a year. laugh.gif
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 7 2016, 09:11 PM) *
I don't think we've seen the end of this. More trades? Restructures? Howie's Excel has been burning wheelies for a year. laugh.gif

You were the one early on Z who trotted out the trade mantra!! Kudos

I remember thinking when I was answering your cap questions about the impacts of trades at that time, that why are we talking about this cause trades NEVER happen!

Not used much in the NFL, Howie took your advice over a few River Horse Tripels and got the deals done.

We'll see what we got for them. Could have been that if you would have gotten the expensive stuff like St Bernardus, maybe our ROI would have been better!!
Eyrie
I'd keep Mathews. He outperformed Murray last year when healthy.

Of course, that assumes he can stay healthy.
Joegrane
I would too; however, I don't like his hand as a receiver.

If they don't keep Matthews, who are the RBs?

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 8 2016, 03:38 PM) *
I'd keep Mathews. He outperformed Murray last year when healthy.

Of course, that assumes he can stay healthy.

Eyrie
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Mar 8 2016, 10:15 PM) *
I would too; however, I don't like his hand as a receiver.

If they don't keep Matthews, who are the RBs?

An ageing Sproles and the unimpressive Barner.

I'd go with Mathews, Sproles and a mid round pick.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.