Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Maxwell on the move?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Eagle2720
Looks as if the Eagles are trying to trade Maxwell to the phins.. Not many players if theirs that I would want but maybe a pick or two?

If we do trade him, I think it's essential we try to keep Thurmond and Carroll. You don't want to shake up that back field two much, and it'll leave two a big question whether Rowe is gonna play safety or CB, if we sign Thurmond then he's gonna be at CB, but if we sign Carroll, there's still gonna be an empty spot at CB or Safety no matter where he goes.

Link https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/706882839212650496

McLane and Bowen talking about it too

https://twitter.com/lesbowen/status/706888480283041793

https://twitter.com/jeff_mclane/status/706886370246180864
mcnabbulous
He wasn't as bad last year as some people made him out to be. And he improved over the course of the season. But he is overpaid. That tends to happen with that position.

If they have a plan to replace him (either in FA or the draft), I'm fine with it. I don't want to go into the season without that replacement though.
nd9kel
Maxwell AND Alonzo to dolphins for draft picks - Schecter
mcnabbulous
Murray and Mathews both on the block. Howie is trying to scrub the Chip off this franchise.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nd9kel @ Mar 7 2016, 02:03 PM) *
Maxwell AND Alonzo to dolphins for draft picks - Schecter

Ian Rappaport saying it's a done deal, pending physicals. They have both been informed they are being traded.
mcnabbulous
Some early rumors that we will be swapping first round picks with the Dolphins. Giving us #8.
Joegrane
What reason do you move up unless you want one of the QBs?

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Mar 7 2016, 04:35 PM) *
Some early rumors that we will be swapping first round picks with the Dolphins. Giving us #8.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Mar 7 2016, 03:41 PM) *

No idea, but not sure that 8 gets you one of the top-2 anyways. But if you think there are a finite number of impact players available, and you want to guarantee getting one of those, it would make sense.
Zero
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Mar 7 2016, 04:41 PM) *

QB or better position to move down (likely still up from 13) for a #2 or a CB.
Eagle2720
https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/706929170253746177

Rapoport also saying that Mathews is in the trade block as well as Murray
Joegrane
There better be a good reason for this. It is now feeling like an irrational purge of Chip's guys.

I realize they are clearing cap space--more than 5 mil, right? However you are losing talent that will not be easy to replace.

They are likely selling low on Alonso. I thought he could be on the block during preseason if he showed flashes of his rookie performance and if the Eagles were able to draft a LB that fits their new system.

If Schwartz did not request this, Howie is setting himself up to be hung by his balls.

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Mar 7 2016, 04:41 PM) *
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Mar 7 2016, 05:31 PM) *
There better be a good reason for this. It is now feeling like an irrational purge of Chip's guys.

I realize they are clearing cap space--more than 5 mil, right? However you are losing talent that will not be easy to replace.

They are likely selling low on Alonso. I thought he could be on the block during preseason if he showed flashes of his rookie performance and if the Eagles were able to draft a LB that fits their new system.

If Schwartz did not request this, Howie is setting himself up to be hung by his balls.

They are looking to resign Carroll so the talent issue is a bit of a wash....while Maxwell was ok as the season went on he was clearly not a highly paid shutdown corner......and with several young guys in the wings for the secondary I am glad ro be out from under that contract
Eyrie
Looks like the decision has been taken that we're not that close to competing, so it's time to clear out the underperformers and start over again. The best time to do that is in year one of a new regime, and I wonder what would have happened if Kelly had taken that approach.

As regards the deal, moving up from #13 to #8 for an overpaid CB and non-factor LB is fine by me. Keeping Carroll will replace Maxwell, although we now need a starting LB. I had Alonso down for WILL, but we'll find out where Kendricks will be playing when we add either a WILL or a SAM.

The big question, as already asked, is are we taking a LB at #8 or looking to trade back and get another pick? Probably the former, or we'd be getting Miami's second and keeping #13.
Phits
Goff, Wentz, Lynch or Cook

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 7 2016, 06:05 PM) *
Looks like the decision has been taken that we're not that close to competing, so it's time to clear out the underperformers and start over again. The best time to do that is in year one of a new regime, and I wonder what would have happened if Kelly had taken that approach.

As regards the deal, moving up from #13 to #8 for an overpaid CB and non-factor LB is fine by me. Keeping Carroll will replace Maxwell, although we now need a starting LB. I had Alonso down for WILL, but we'll find out where Kendricks will be playing when we add either a WILL or a SAM.

The big question, as already asked, is are we taking a LB at #8 or looking to trade back and get another pick? Probably the former, or we'd be getting Miami's second and keeping #13.

Eagle2720
The madness continues

Murray to Tennessee

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/706993469601026049
Zero
Not sure I'd say trading Murray is "madness."
Eagle2720
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 7 2016, 07:22 PM) *
Not sure I'd say trading Murray is "madness."

I wouldn't either, I could care less if he's an Eagle or not, I meant it in the fact that it seems the trading of big name Eagles continues right where it left off last free agency.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Eagle2720 @ Mar 7 2016, 07:30 PM) *
I wouldn't either, I could care less if he's an Eagle or not, I meant it in the fact that it seems the trading of big name Eagles continues right where it left off last free agency.

I get some consternation of ridding the team of piece of shit like McCoy who put up some good numbers but unloading Murray after his weak season here is nothing similar.

This is Howie unloading some really bad contracts...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.