Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Going Shopping
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Tomorrow is the "legal tampering" period, which means there will be deals done tomorrow but not signed until Wednesday.

Looking at Positions of Need in Free Agency here are some that are top 99 and could be of interest, and when available, the estimated contract for their market value based on Spotrac's analysis. I list the FA rank in ()

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency#tab=rankings

WR
(31) M. Jones, 4 yrs 22.1M
(46) T. Benjamin, 4 yrs, 17.5M
(55) Boldin
(63) M. Sanu, 4 yrs, 17.2M
(66) R. Matthews
(67) J. Kearse, 4 yrs, 19.0M

OG
(3) K. Osemele
(29) A. Boone, 3 yrs, 8.0M
(53) Incognito 2 yrs, 10.0M
(56) R. Foster
(61) B. Brooks, 5 yrs, 40.0M
(62) E. Mathis
(68) J. Evans

S
(8) E. Weddle, 2 yrs, 13.8M
(22) R. Nelson, 4 yrs, 19.3M
(24) G. Iloka, 4 yrs, 22.5M
(37) W. Thurmond

CB
(10) J. Jenkins, 5 yrs, 52.5M
(14) S. Smith, 5 yrs, 40.2M
(20) P. Amukamara
(86) N. Carroll

I don't think we can afford to go big $ for CB and S, so Thurmond and Carroll should come cheap enough.

On the good side, 3.5M of cap each should land a solid starting WR and OG.

On WR, it seems like 4 yrs, 18M including a $6M SB with a 3.0M cap hit, should get it done for someone like Sanu, Benjamin and maybe Kearse.

Looks like OG will cost about a $4M cap, but combined for the two, we should have room for the $7.0M combined.

A combined $5M of cap should do the deal for Carroll and Thurmond.

I'm curious as to why they don't seem to want Thurmond back.

Get four FA's from this bunch and then we've actually improved our team heading into the draft.
Reality Fan
I am surprised that you think Carrol and Thurmond will only get a combined 5 million......have you not heard Thurmond talk?

He is looking for some cash.....he might want 5 by himself...
Zero
Thurmond probably wants to return the higher compensated CB and the Eagles probably want him to stay at S.
nd9kel
Doh, I was gonna have you pick up a loaf of bread.
Eyrie
QUOTE (nd9kel @ Mar 7 2016, 08:50 PM) *
Doh, I was gonna have you pick up a loaf of bread.

They'd only forget the bread and get you a good beer instead.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.