Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Here's a thought
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I'm sure I'll get pelted with Trump hats for this biggrin.gif , but the popular opinion of most pundits I've heard/read as well as the upstanding, respected WingHead analysts cool.gif is that the Eagles are at best an 8-8 team. This isn't a sondeo oficial, but how will you feel if the team wins 10 games, the NFC East and two playoff games?

(Ducking the hats)

I think it's unlikely only because players will be learning new systems. But then we have FA yet and there's squeeks being heard that the team will be as aggressive there as they have been with extensions. Numbers ain't the Zman's strength but with their current cap they should be able to land a starting OG, a dependable WR and a decent S before looking to the draft. In April they will probably add an OT who will masquerade as a starting G for now, a DT and a QB early. Then they'll rebuild the depth.

Say what we will about Howie and Doug, they've been doing a pretty good job of converting bad morale into what should be a hungry, confident, talented team. I know I'm the undying optimist, but this season could be a lot of fun.
Joegrane
I mostly agree with you. This team could surprise people somewhat. However they have a tough schedule.

Howie and J Lurie have done a great job saving the team from what could have been a downward spiral--for example, the ugly loss of several Pro Bowl players after Buddy Ryan was fired.

QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 3 2016, 08:43 AM) *
... most pundits I've heard/read as well as the upstanding, respected WingHead analysts cool.gif is that the Eagles are at best an 8-8 team.

Say what we will about Howie and Doug, they've been doing a pretty good job of converting bad morale into what should be a hungry, confident, talented team
Dreagon
In this division, anything is possible.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 3 2016, 01:43 PM) *
I'm sure I'll get pelted with Trump hats for this biggrin.gif ,

Looks more like an escaped tribble to me.

but the popular opinion of most pundits I've heard/read as well as the upstanding, respected WingHead analysts cool.gif

Name names!

is that the Eagles are at best an 8-8 team. This isn't a sondeo oficial, but how will you feel if the team wins 10 games, the NFC East and two playoff games?

We have enough talent in a flakey division that that scenario is possible if we make the right moves in FA and the draft. 8-8 is still more likely though.
The Franchise
#MakeTheEaglesGreatAgain

I think we could be a solid team, though certainly not a contender. Our schedule is really tough - I count 5 automatic losses outside the division. 8-8 would be a nice improvement, and could very well get us into the playoffs.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Mar 3 2016, 07:20 PM) *
#MakeTheEaglesGreatAgain

I think we could be a solid team, though certainly not a contender. Our schedule is really tough - I count 5 automatic losses outside the division. 8-8 would be a nice improvement, and could very well get us into the playoffs.

I am curious to know which 5 are "automatic" losses.....I don't know that you are wrong but I would like to know which 5.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.