Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why Washington is Washington
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Reality Fan
Just when you thought that Washington was turning the corner they revert to themselves.....

While I think Cousins has potential why they used the FT instead of the TT is beyond me....

Beyond that Cousins is 11-14 as a starter..He had a great 7 game stretch (sound familiar?

They just did what the Eagles refrained from...set an artificial negotiating floor for the player...
The Franchise
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Mar 1 2016, 02:23 PM) *
Just when you thought that Washington was turning the corner they revert to themselves.....

While I think Cousins has potential why they used the FT instead of the TT is beyond me....

Beyond that Cousins is 11-14 as a starter..He had a great 7 game stretch (sound familiar?

They just did what the Eagles refrained from...set an artificial negotiating floor for the player...

He really had a phenomenal season, even his poor games weren't disasters. Which means, naturally, that he's going to go 3-13 next year and Washington will end up picking another QB in the 2017 draft ahead of us.
Joegrane
It reminds me of Nick Foles in 2013. You surround a guy with a solid O Line and lots of weapons and a half-decent QB will look good.

How is that going to make Sam B and his agent feel : (

It is surprising that they'd use the franchise tag not transition tag. Isn't the TT # around $17mil? How can Cousins be worth more than that?

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Mar 1 2016, 02:23 PM) *

Reality Fan
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Mar 1 2016, 04:50 PM) *
It reminds me of Nick Foles in 2013. You surround a guy with a solid O Line and lots of weapons and a half-decent QB will look good.

How is that going to make Sam B and his agent feel : (

It is surprising that they'd use the franchise tag not transition tag. Isn't the TT # around $17mil? How can Cousins be worth more than that?

I thought that too....

And I agree...why franchise?
Dreagon
blink.gif
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Mar 1 2016, 05:15 PM) *
I thought that too....

And I agree...why franchise?

The theory is for an extra $2M you close the market to him unless they pay you two 1st round picks.

If you want him as your QB, less likely he gets other offers with the draft pick penalty.

In hindsight, they guaranteed $20M, we guaranteed $22M for Bradford.

Just sayin', that's the theory.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.