Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eagles Increase Offer to Bradford
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
and don't you come down

FREE WINGS

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000063...to-sam-bradford

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtwT492YDvg
Reality Fan
Notice the money is missing from the story and Howie's comments that "it has to work for both sides"

But I new this was coming when I read the story...

Reality Fan
I am almost hesitant to hurt Mikey like this but the same guy who broke the story of the Eagles upping their offer was on the radio this morning saying it was in the 12-15 million range.....
Zero
Heard on the radio that some people are declaring a deal is imminent.
nd9kel
Tweets Tweets & replies Photos & videos
Jordan Matthews ‏@jmattjmattjmatt 3h3 hours ago
Good News
231 retweets 288 likes
Reply Retweet 231
Like 288
nephillymike
Check out these stats:

20 QBs have started at least 60 gms since Bradford entered the league. Sammy's ranks:

Comp%: 19
Rating: 20
Y/A: 20
TD%: 20
Wins: 20
TD: 20

https://twitter.com/JoeGiglioSports/status/...409874374004738

Ouch!!
nephillymike
Stand Strong Tom!!

Our client is worth more than 12-15M!!

Don't let these guys bully you.

We need to get that commission up to an acceptable level.

$18.01M or bust!!!

Who do they think they're messing with?

They're saying our client is the 19th best QB in the league with that two bit offer.

After those 7 games he had with those shitty WR's and that OL?

Show me the money!!!!!!!!!

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/quarterback/
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 29 2016, 09:49 PM) *
Stand Strong Tom!!

Our client is worth more than 12-15M!!

Don't let these guys bully you.

We need to get that commission up to an acceptable level.

$18.01M or bust!!!

Who do they think they're messing with?

They're saying our client is the 19th best QB in the league with that two bit offer.

After those 7 games he had with those shitty WR's and that OL?

Show me the money!!!!!!!!!

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/quarterback/

Don't know if you saw quick slants but that hack Frank and Derrick Gunn were brutal about where Bradford goes if the he tries to drag this on with the Eagles. Frank said there is literally no market for him (hmmm...I wonder where I heard that before about 5 weeks ago?)

According to them...if the Eagles walk away there is no team lined up to sign him and if he goes to the FA market the Eagles will likely go to plan B rather than wait for him because they have a ceiling as to what they will pay and don't want to lose out on their plan B guy while they are waiting.

Funny how all these "Bradford will get 20 million per" reporters just disappear.....like Frank who was one of the first....
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Feb 29 2016, 10:33 PM) *
Don't know if you saw quick slants but that hack Frank and Derrick Gunn were brutal about where Bradford goes if the he tries to drag this on with the Eagles. Frank said there is literally no market for him (hmmm...I wonder where I heard that before about 5 weeks ago?)

According to them...if the Eagles walk away there is no team lined up to sign him and if he goes to the FA market the Eagles will likely go to plan B rather than wait for him because they have a ceiling as to what they will pay and don't want to lose out on their plan B guy while they are waiting.

Funny how all these "Bradford will get 20 million per" reporters just disappear.....like Frank who was one of the first....

Actually got home after 9:00 didn't get to see it yet. I've DVR'd it.

I wouldn't think you'd stoop so low as to quoting Roob. It gives my cause hope in this late hour!!

Don't you think it behooves Bradford to let it go to early free agency, just to dip a toe in the waters of free wings and beer? I mean be very appreciative, say all the right things, don't close the door, and just see where the tides go for a few days. If the waters cold, come back and sign the deal they just offered. If the waters are warm, play it from there. I mean Howie is no Banner. It ain't like he's gonna orchestrate B. Dawk's way out of town or anything. Can't imagine they want to go the Daniel - Sanchez route, or God forbid just the Daniel or just the Sanchez route. Can't see either of the top two QB's dropping to #13.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 29 2016, 11:09 PM) *
Actually got home after 9:00 didn't get to see it yet. I've DVR'd it.

I wouldn't think you'd stoop so low as to quoting Roob. It gives my cause hope in this late hour!!

Don't you think it behooves Bradford to let it go to early free agency, just to dip a toe in the waters of free wings and beer? I mean be very appreciative, say all the right things, don't close the door, and just see where the tides go for a few days. If the waters cold, come back and sign the deal they just offered. If the waters are warm, play it from there. I mean Howie is no Banner. It ain't like he's gonna orchestrate B. Dawk's way out of town or anything. Can't imagine they want to go the Daniel - Sanchez route, or God forbid just the Daniel or just the Sanchez route. Can't see either of the top two QB's dropping to #13.

One thing about Howie is that he knows the pulse of the league......and he has something to prove...I think if Condon fucks with him he is going to stick it up his tutu......Howie looks good if he gets it done now...can imagine him having a lot of patience but one thing is clear....they are not paying him big bucks.

and I became physically ill after quoting that fat drunken pig
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Feb 29 2016, 11:19 PM) *
One thing about Howie is that he knows the pulse of the league......and he has something to prove...I think if Condon fucks with him he is going to stick it up his tutu......Howie looks good if he gets it done now...can imagine him having a lot of patience but one thing is clear....they are not paying him big bucks.

and I became physically ill after quoting that fat drunken pig

The sad part of this bet is that I don't want Bradford but am campaigning for him to get the money.

You want him and are campaigning for him to come at 20ish money

If I "win", I lose because that means the league and/or the Eagles see him as better than I think he is.

If I "lose", I win because if he is not considered to be good, if he doesn't get good money.

It has an odd feeling to it.
Joegrane
I agree with you. Considering Bradford's unusual situation as he approaches free agency it makes perfectly good sense that he will test the waters.

Let's just hope he and his agent are not as financially foolish as Matthis and his agent were last year.

Of course maybe Matthis did not care as much about the $ last year but wanted a chance to make a deep playoff run.

SamB could feel the same way this year.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 29 2016, 11:09 PM) *
...Don't you think it behooves Bradford to let it go to early free agency, just to dip a toe in the waters of free wings and beer? I mean be very appreciative, say all the right things, don't close the door, and just see where the tides go for a few days. If the waters cold, come back and sign the deal they just offered. If the waters are warm, play it from there. ...

...Can't see either of the top two QB's dropping to #13.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Feb 29 2016, 11:38 PM) *
I agree with you. Considering Bradford's unusual situation as he approaches free agency it makes perfectly good sense that he will test the waters.

Let's just hope he and his agent are not as financially foolish as Matthis and his agent were last year.

Of course maybe Matthis did not care as much about the $ last year but wanted a chance to make a deep playoff run.

SamB could feel the same way this year.

Completely different situation...Mathis had been a 2 time pro bowl guard for the Eagles in the previous 2 seasons....Bradford does not have that to fall back on and Mathis still got good money.

It is now even more glaring than when I first predicted there would be almost no market for Bradford to get big money that no one is in the gambling business with Sammy. Condon is trying hard but virtually every media source is talking about the lack of interest.

If the Eagles back out he is looking in the single digits somewhere...
Zero
Does anyone disagree that on the field we're better off with Bradford than with whoever is plan B?
Dreagon
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 1 2016, 05:21 AM) *
Does anyone disagree that on the field we're better off with Bradford than with whoever is plan B?

Maybe. Bradford is one of those propositions where the potential for buyer's remorse has to be weighed against the benefits.

He is going to want a four or five year deal. And as someone on the outside looking in, I would warn you that the main motivator for taking him appears to be fear. He is an NFL quality qb, and getting him means you don't have to worry about having somebody terrible back there. The problem is do you really want to lock yourself into four or five years of "not bad" in the hopes he might yet live up to his potential? That's going to get awful old before year three. You can get pretty much the same deal for a whole hell of a lot cheaper by taking one of those three QBs high, and sitting him behind Sanchez a year. And you might actually be building toward a future.
Rick
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Mar 1 2016, 01:27 PM) *
Maybe. Bradford is one of those propositions where the potential for buyer's remorse has to be weighed against the benefits.

He is going to want a four or five year deal. And as someone on the outside looking in, I would warn you that the main motivator for taking him appears to be fear. He is an NFL quality qb, and getting him means you don't have to worry about having somebody terrible back there. The problem is do you really want to lock yourself into four or five years of "not bad" in the hopes he might yet live up to his potential? That's going to get awful old before year three. You can get pretty much the same deal for a whole hell of a lot cheaper by taking one of those three QBs high, and sitting him behind Sanchez a year. And you might actually be building toward a future.

They should be looking for the long-term QB solution whether they sign Bradford or not (assuming they don't believe he's the long-term answer). But I'd much rather have a guy being developed behind Bradford than Sanchez. Sanchez sucks...period. At least Bradford doesn't suck and might actually be better than just not sucking.
nd9kel
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Mar 1 2016, 12:27 PM) *

Spoken like a true divisional rival...
Eyrie
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 1 2016, 11:21 AM) *

I'm leaning towards the idea that we need to get him for three years, or four at most.

Then I'd trade back in round one to recover our second, fix the OL and other holes, and look to take a QB in the mid-rounds or early next year to develop behind Bradford.
Dreagon
QUOTE (nd9kel @ Mar 1 2016, 01:56 PM) *
Spoken like a true divisional rival...

Believe me, we have the same problem forming... Jerry says he can see Romo starting into his forties.
Joegrane
In a wheel chair football league.

QUOTE (Dreagon @ Mar 1 2016, 04:09 PM) *
Believe me, we have the same problem forming... Jerry says he can see Romo starting into his forties.

Pila
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 1 2016, 11:21 AM) *

Way better.

Glad we held on to him. We have a good chance to compete now.
Zero
QUOTE (Pila @ Mar 1 2016, 04:52 PM) *
Way better.

Glad we held on to him. We have a good chance to compete now.

This was the ideal deal, two years, reasonable money. If Bradford is lights out he'll earn his mega deal. If he is average he's the placeholder for a rookie. If he sucks or gets hurt, they've got Sanchez for the placeholder. This was my hope.
Phits
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Mar 1 2016, 03:16 PM) *
take a QB in the mid-rounds or early next year to develop behind Bradford.

We need a QB to develop. He can ride the pine/develop next season and hopefully compete for the starters role in camp 2017.
Zero
QUOTE (Phits @ Mar 1 2016, 06:36 PM) *
We need a QB to develop. He can ride the pine/develop next season and hopefully compete for the starters role in camp 2017.

If there's a guy there at 13 they love, draft him. If not, trade down if you can and get a #2, go BPA and look for the developmental QB they need.
Pila
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 2 2016, 12:33 AM) *
This was the ideal deal, two years, reasonable money. If Bradford is lights out he'll earn his mega deal. If he is average he's the placeholder for a rookie. If he sucks or gets hurt, they've got Sanchez for the placeholder. This was my hope.
Right - another look-see, in the event the last part of season was the outlier.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Zero @ Mar 1 2016, 11:38 PM) *
If there's a guy there at 13 they love, draft him. If not, trade down if you can and get a #2, go BPA and look for the developmental QB they need.

We have a winner.

Now, can you persuade Lurie/Roseman/Pederson to agree with us?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.