Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ryans released
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Eyrie
I think most of us expected him to be a cap casualty, but he was a solid player and person for us so it's still disappointing.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Feb 24 2016, 03:21 PM) *
I think most of us expected him to be a cap casualty, but he was a solid player and person for us so it's still disappointing.

The way the rook played last year before getting injured and Ryans departure tells me he is gonna be the Mike (if he is and can stay healthy), I see Kendricks at Will but wonder if Barwin becomes the SAM? Does that waste his pass rush skills? Don't see him as a DE, especially since upping Graham and Curry. What's youse guys thoughts on LB? Kiko will have a 'prove you can play' camp, but his small salary makes it stupid to shed him yet anyway.
Reality Fan
great move but depressing nonetheless.....

He was a real class act....sadly there may not be a place in the league for him
Eyrie
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Feb 24 2016, 10:25 PM) *
The way the rook played last year before getting injured and Ryans departure tells me he is gonna be the Mike (if he is and can stay healthy), I see Kendricks at Will but wonder if Barwin becomes the SAM? Does that waste his pass rush skills? Don't see him as a DE, especially since upping Graham and Curry. What's youse guys thoughts on LB? Kiko will have a 'prove you can play' camp, but his small salary makes it stupid to shed him yet anyway.

Barwin is being talked about as a DE, so I'd assume that Kendricks will be the SAM (think he played there as a rookie) and that means Alonso will be the WILL. Hicks has MIKE wrapped up.

After that though the cupboard is pretty bare. Braman on STs, Goode for depth, Smith(!) and a bunch of guys that are long shots to be here in September.

So I'd say we need at least one FA and one mid-round draft pick. Although if the demand for Ryans is as low as RF suggests, there is always a chance of bringing him back as depth at MIKE.
CT_Eagle
Hate to see him go but figured it was coming. The locker room is going to miss his veteran presence.

I hope he latches on somewhere and has a couple of more seasons living his dream.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Feb 24 2016, 05:25 PM) *

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Feb 24 2016, 05:49 PM) *
Barwin is being talked about as a DE, so I'd assume that Kendricks will be the SAM (think he played there as a rookie) and that means Alonso will be the WILL. Hicks has MIKE wrapped up.

After that though the cupboard is pretty bare. Braman on STs, Goode for depth, Smith(!) and a bunch of guys that are long shots to be here in September.

So I'd say we need at least one FA and one mid-round draft pick. Although if the demand for Ryans is as low as RF suggests, there is always a chance of bringing him back as depth at MIKE.

Hey! Just hold on a second there, you two. I Am the SAM! SAM I Am!
nephillymike
I heard it suggested the other day that it would happen soon in order to give him time to find another team.

One of my favorites, but too expensive for our use.

Would like to see him come back healthy and a much lower salary.

Thanks for the class person and great effort!!
Zero
I second that. It was strange hearing the news, saying "shit" and "uh huh" at the same time. We knew it was going to happen and may be best in the long run, but you wish there were a spot for him where he would feel appreciated. Good luck Mufasa, here's hoping you find your way back.
Zero
Does Ryans' release mean the team has confidence in Alonso or is it just money?
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Feb 25 2016, 06:09 AM) *
Does Ryans' release mean the team has confidence in Alonso or is it just money?

Gotta be money.

Can't see anyone watching last year's game film having any confidence in KA.
Joegrane
Maybe it has more to do with Ryans' diminished skills, especially after the injuries and at his age.

I don't have a problem with them taking another look at Alonso, especially considering his injury and performance in his rookie year. Maybe he just did not have confidence to really push is injured leg.

However, how well do these LBs fit a 4-3 scheme? I can understand them taking a chance at MLB since he will be protected somewhat by Cox and Logan but how many mismatched LBs can you get away with?

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 25 2016, 06:17 AM) *
Gotta be money.

Can't see anyone watching last year's game film having any confidence in KA.

Eyrie
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Feb 25 2016, 02:09 AM) *
Hey! Just hold on a second there, you two. I Am the SAM! SAM I Am!

It's between you and Kendricks then. But remember who got the mega bucks deal tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.