Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jenkins extended
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Eyrie
I hadn't realised that he only had 2016 left on his original deal with us.

But locking up another key player and freeing more cap room is always a good thing. Now all Lurie needs to do is confuse the hell out of Mikey Numbers by spending the cap room!
CT_Eagle
I like this move. Jenkins was definitely one of the few highlights from the 2015 season.
JeeQ
Howie has pretty much locked up every quality player Chip didn't release
nephillymike
I am with Eyrie except for the messed up spelling:

I too didn't realize that it was his last year.

How is it that this wasn't talked about?

Geez.

I would happily be thrown a curve by an over spending Lurie.

Very happily!!
nephillymike
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Feb 22 2016, 07:26 PM) *
Howie has pretty much locked up every quality player Chip didn't release

I like the move overall. Jenkins is a very good safety and solid citizen.

I hope that they don't run out of candy in the candy jar before doing Cox and Bradford and a FA WR and OG. You could have always waited to do Jenkins after FA and after the draft or even early in the season. I wouldn't want his money to liit what we can do this year. If you add Cox in for a new deal, how much before the well runs dry?

Another concern is we are signing a lot of people on a 7-9 team. This isn't the 2002 Eagles team up for early signings. Still can't complain too much even if the signings were a little high, they were for good to very good players.
JeeQ
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 22 2016, 04:54 PM) *

I hope that they don't run out of candy in the candy jar before doing Cox and Bradford and a FA WR and OG. You could have always waited to do Jenkins after FA and after the draft or even early in the season. I wouldn't want his money to liit what we can do this year. If you add Cox in for a new deal, how much before the well runs dry?

Another concern is we are signing a lot of people on a 7-9 team. This isn't the 2002 Eagles team up for early signings. Still can't complain too much even if the signings were a little high, they were for good to very good players.

Lock up Cox but let Bradford go... he's just not worth it. I rather try anyone else than overpay for a QB that still can't produce a .500 win season in his entire career
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 22 2016, 07:54 PM) *

By extending him they saved another 1.5 million of cap space next year...

and they are signing guys that they should sign.....there was a reason people thought this team would be a playoff team last year...it is pretty apparent the coach screwed that up, not the talent.....

I am not saying that they are a SB team but there is a lot of talent here...it really depends on what hey do at QB.

With Schwartz here and the talent they have on defense they could be a really strong defensive team...as you said before, with an average offense they could do some good things...
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 22 2016, 07:54 PM) *

You know that Optimystic is going to disagree with the 7-9, but nonetheless he has to start somewhere. It's the part of the Eagles culture that Chip neglected and apparently LurBan feels need to be reinstalled. Show the players that things have changed back, and by reading the players reactions it's having its effect.
SAM I Am
Another nice signing. Especially when you consider he has been the only person we have had who has played the safety position at a consistently high level since Brian Dawkins left.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Feb 22 2016, 10:34 PM) *
I am not saying that they are a SB team

That's good, because they aren't.

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Feb 22 2016, 10:34 PM) *
but there is a lot of talent here...it really depends on what hey do at QB.

Right, and I don't want them making the mistake of locking up Bradford to a long term deal until we really know what we have in him. And I really don't think people are going to be knocking down the door to sign him.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Feb 23 2016, 09:38 AM) *
That's good, because they aren't.

Right, and I don't want them making the mistake of locking up Bradford to a long term deal until we really know what we have in him. And I really don't think people are going to be knocking down the door to sign him.

and that is the dilemma......franchising him overpays him if he has a terrible year and sets the bar too high for a future contract if he has a good year. and you don't franchise him to be a placeholder....that is complete idiocy.

You either try to lock him up with a reasonable contract or move on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.