Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PFF 2016 QB Draft Class Ratings
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/...l-qb-prospects/

Lynch as 2nd round talent.

Hack as UDFA talent.

Seems outside the norm opinions.
Zero
I've read that this is a deep draft for developmental type QBs. When I think of that two come immediately to mind ... Romo and Brady. If a team has the coaches and the patience that may be the way to go rather than spending a high pick on a player that may not be ready to go.
nephillymike
I'll tell you one thing, in the few highlights I've seen, Hack's got a rifle of an arm.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 21 2016, 11:12 AM) *
I'll tell you one thing, in the few highlights I've seen, Hack's got a rifle of an arm.

So did Ryan Leaf...... devil03.gif
nephillymike
Speaking of questionable QB evaluation, where's Nabby been??
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 21 2016, 10:31 AM) *
Speaking of questionable QB evaluation, where's Nabby been??

An increasingly pregnant wife, closing on a house and lots of work travel...

Hey, you all can doubt me all you want (because I had the audacity to believe that with good coaching, Geno Smith could be a very good QB), but I've been wrong about the pro prospects of exactly one Penn Stater in recent memory: Navorro Bowman (because I wasn't sure if he could put on the weight to be an every down guy). It's the only team I get to regularly watch these days.

Hackenberg will be a very good pro. I expect his floor to be Flacco. And I maintain he won't be getting past Houston. Draft analysts are the biggest hacks in all the media. My ability to watch every PSU game, as opposed to trying to form an opinion on every guy based on a few games, makes me every bit as capable of evaluating those guys. I suspect I don't need to remind everyone of my Allen Robinson prediction.

nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Feb 21 2016, 09:03 PM) *

Hey, you all can doubt me all you want (because I had the audacity to believe that with good coaching, Geno Smith could be a very good QB), but I've been wrong about the pro prospects of exactly one Penn Stater in recent memory: Navorro Bowman (because I wasn't sure if he could put on the weight to be an every down guy). It's the only team I get to regularly watch these days.

Hackenberg will be a very good pro. I expect his floor to be Flacco. And I maintain he won't be getting past Houston. Draft analysts are the biggest hacks in all the media. My ability to watch every PSU game, as opposed to trying to form an opinion on every guy based on a few games, makes me every bit as capable of evaluating those guys. I suspect I don't need to remind everyone of my Allen Robinson prediction.

Good luck with the baby, and the house.

Would have liked to have seen your Courtney Brown write up! devil03.gif
mcnabbulous
Thanks, man. It's a hectic time, to say the least.

Courtney was a stud, but his body couldn't hold up. Football is hard.

Dreagon
I wouldn't mind Lynch falling to the second round. Since we're almost certain to get either Jack Myles or a defensive lineman with our first pick, I think even Jerry would have a hard time passing on Lynch if he's there at the top of the second.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Feb 21 2016, 09:03 PM) *

Congrats on kid, house and work. smile.gif

Not sure how Houston works personnel. I'm sure O'Brien has input but does the GM make the choice? If the team thinks they're built to win now and are determined to use a rookie QB, wouldn't they try to get a guy who is the most prepared to start? Is that Hack?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Feb 22 2016, 05:09 AM) *
Congrats on kid, house and work. smile.gif

Not sure how Houston works personnel. I'm sure O'Brien has input but does the GM make the choice? If the team thinks they're built to win now and are determined to use a rookie QB, wouldn't they try to get a guy who is the most prepared to start? Is that Hack?

I have a hard time believing that if O'Brien goes to bat for a kid he has a personal relationship with, spent time coaching, and still regularly speaks with; that wouldn't serve to trump any inner office politics that may be involved between him and the GM. Offensive coaches usually have input on the QB situation, regardless of the GM dynamic.

And yes, I believe Hack is the most prepared guy to come in and play for O'Brien. He's already spent a year in the system and O'Brien has said that the only guy who picked up his scheme quicker was Brady.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Feb 21 2016, 10:43 PM) *
Jack Myles

Strike that. Reverse it.
Dreagon
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Feb 22 2016, 08:08 AM) *
Strike that. Reverse it.

Drat! Why do I keep doing that?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.