Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How can we recover that #2?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
At the time I didn't mind giving up the #2 for Sam, and even in retrospect I think it was a risk that was worth taking. But now that it's draft time I'd really, really like that #2 back. But how?

Give me some help with this, but it seems to me that Bradford may be the key because there needs to be a trade. Looking at the roster the only tradable player who could potentially yield a #2 and not destroy the cap is Barwin. I doubt he'd bring a #2 and I don't think the Eagles want to trade him. That leaves Bradford. The only other option seems to be giving up one of those two #3's to move up. sad.gif

It seems signing Sam is the only possible way to get it done without using one of the two 3's because if they have Bradford for a year or two they'll have the opportunity to trade down in exchange for a #2. I'm not saying this will happen, only that it's the only good option I see.

A team drafting after us sees a player at 13 who likely won't fall to them. A player they view as an impact for them. Wouldn't it be nice to be in a spot to help the OL and take a QB, S, CB or WR too? Then those two #3's. Having Sam and Sanchez (or ...) would give them time to bring a rookie along slowly.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Feb 20 2016, 08:15 AM) *
At the time I didn't mind giving up the #2 for Sam, and even in retrospect I think it was a risk that was worth taking. But now that it's draft time I'd really, really like that #2 back. But how?

Give me some help with this, but it seems to me that Bradford may be the key because there needs to be a trade. Looking at the roster the only tradable player who could potentially yield a #2 and not destroy the cap is Barwin. I doubt he'd bring a #2 and I don't think the Eagles want to trade him. That leaves Bradford. The only other option seems to be giving up one of those two #3's to move up. sad.gif

It seems signing Sam is the only possible way to get it done without using one of the two 3's because if they have Bradford for a year or two they'll have the opportunity to trade down in exchange for a #2. I'm not saying this will happen, only that it's the only good option I see.

A team drafting after us sees a player at 13 who likely won't fall to them. A player they view as an impact for them. Wouldn't it be nice to be in a spot to help the OL and take a QB, S, CB or WR too? Then those two #3's. Having Sam and Sanchez (or ...) would give them time to bring a rookie along slowly.

Easy Z...breathe......breathe.....lol

The best way is to trade back in the first round to acquire a 2nd round...if a trade partner exists.(Houston is close in value)
Eyrie
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Feb 20 2016, 03:53 PM) *
Easy Z...breathe......breathe.....lol

The best way is to trade back in the first round to acquire a 2nd round...if a trade partner exists.(Houston is close in value)

The same Houston who are said to prefer drafting a QB, bearing in mind that it's likely one of the three best will still be on the board at #13?

Sounds promising.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Feb 20 2016, 11:27 AM) *
The same Houston who are said to prefer drafting a QB, bearing in mind that it's likely one of the three best will still be on the board at #13?

Sounds promising.

exactly
nephillymike
Wow, it does almost exactly match up:

We give up the #13 pick of Round 1 = 1150 points

We get the #22 pick of round 1 = 780 points
+ the 21st pick in the 2nd (#52) = 380 points
Total of get = 1160, almost exactly.

You don't necessarily need to keep Bradford to do this (although they should in this case as I don't think a 2nd round QB is worth it), but you would have to not be interested in any QB who is there at #13 to bypass it.

Thing about HOU is I think they either sign Bradford or trade down from 22 and pick up a higher 2 to get Nabby's boy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.