Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mikey Numbers
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
"It's challenging as we go forward here this year and next, but the name of the game is to have good players and to keep good players and we have to make sure we're able to do that not only again for this season but as we get into 2017 and 2018, knowing that we're keeping these guys...

"Probably a little tighter than it had been in the past. We had gotten accustomed to pushing over a lot of money (from the previous year); it's going to be much more difficult to do that. We still have a couple things we'd like to do here in this offseason."
If I'm not mistaken, this is what you keep talking about. The question is if Howie is hinting that the team may need to back off of that for a year or two to repair the damage done by the 9ers new coach. cool.gif
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Feb 20 2016, 07:53 AM) *
If I'm not mistaken, this is what you keep talking about. The question is if Howie is hinting that the team may need to back off of that for a year or two to repair the damage done by the 9ers new coach. cool.gif

It could be, and it could be significant.

That would be good news for anyone who thinks that FA's would help and want to put the best product on the field this year. What it could mean numbers wise, would be them reducing the typical Lurie cushion and perhaps putting another $5M of cap money in play and $5M of cap would buy a lot in real $'s. With real$'s comes real players but they could be gun shy after last year's foray into FA, following so closely to the Dream Team.

Me, I'm a more patient fan, always looking for the long build, the process, the cheaper option to build strictly through the draft, using the comfort of having won so many championships in my time allows me to focus on the long horizon to match my life expectancy. .....................................................................
Zero
Quality, not quantity. Add a very good guard and a good WR. Sign Bradford and draft OL, QB and DL.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Feb 20 2016, 04:23 PM) *
Quality, not quantity. Add a very good guard and a good WR. Sign Bradford and draft OL, QB and DL.

I'm with you Z but need to use the Lurie stash to do so!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.