Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Broncos might not take Manning back
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdman420
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2616828...paign=editorial

If we could bring him here for a season or two, would it be beneficial to our team in the long term?
Dreagon
Nah, y'all don't want him. And I'm not just saying that as a fan of a rival team. I have great respect for Peyton Manning, but he is a shell of his former self. The Broncos won that Super Bowl on defense, and I honestly think the score would have been wider if Osweiler had been in. (now there's a guy you might consider poaching) I think Peyton should retire now and leave the game on top while he can.
Phits
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Feb 16 2016, 11:20 AM) *
Nah, y'all don't want him. And I'm not just saying that as a fan of a rival team. I have great respect for Peyton Manning, but he is a shell of his former self. The Broncos won that Super Bowl on defense, and I honestly think the score would have been wider if Osweiler had been in. (now there's a guy you might consider poaching) I think Peyton should retire now and leave the game on top while he can.

Agreed. Peyton isn't even a good QB now. I can't see him tempering his ego to take the kind of salary that would justify him being on an active roster as a mentor.
The Franchise
Maybe the Phillies will take him as a starting pitcher.
Zero
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Feb 16 2016, 11:20 AM) *

I can't remember where it was, but I read a rumor that the Broncos may be interested in Bradford.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Zero @ Feb 16 2016, 03:58 PM) *
I can't remember where it was, but I read a rumor that the Broncos may be interested in Bradford.

There might be something to that. Bradford would fit Kubiak's system well. Now that he has gotten through a season without being injured and showing some gas left in the tank, I could see Denver making a play in his direction. Since Osweiler's price is going to go up, I could see Denver deciding they prefer to pay that kind of money for a more proven commodity.

And I'm honestly not sure if you should risk overpaying for Bradford to keep him, or just draft a new one.
Dreagon
*double post*
PhillySteaks
Dude should retire. .his image and arm are shot
PhillySteaks
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Feb 16 2016, 01:27 PM) *
Maybe the Phillies will take him as a starting pitcher.

Phlunkies suck. ..
bwc2112
QUOTE (Birdman420 @ Feb 16 2016, 11:06 AM) *
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2616828...paign=editorial

If we could bring him here for a season or two, would it be beneficial to our team in the long term?

I have enough nightmares now . Please stop
Reality Fan
The next team Manning signs with is going to be as an owner....the guy needs a hip replacement (no joke) and has a list of ailments that will require a year or 5 to heal.....the NFL is anxious for him to join an ownership team, likely in Tennessee.
The Franchise
QUOTE (PhillySteaks @ Feb 17 2016, 01:09 AM) *
Phlunkies suck. ..

Yeah, Vegas puts their win total over/under at 66.5

Take the under.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.