Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OL strategy
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
GroundedBird
Not sure what the Eagles will do with their #1. I'm assuming that it won't be used for OG

So... how about this... Get some good but declining FA OGs. (They have to be better than what we currently have)

Use the two third rounders for OG and develop them while using the FAs.

Here's some FAs...
manuel-ramirez 32 LG No injuries played in all 16 games for the last 4 years. Current cap hit: $3M
Ted Larsen 28 LG played 10 games (Displaced by Mike Iupati) 2.4M
Ramon Foster 30 LG played 16 games in 2015 2.1M

Geoff Schwartz 29 RG played in 11 games in 2015 (Toe injury) 2.8M
Johnnie Troutman 28 RG out last year, broken arm. 1.5M
Joegrane
Jahri Evans is the interesting veteran OG for the Eagles' situation. We discussed this recently in another discussion.

He is a former Pro Bowl OG but the Saints have horrible cap problems due to mega $ QB.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000063...ard-jahri-evans

If the Eagles lose Bradford and a few other FAs on D they could be in line for a 3rd round compensatory pick. However, that is if they *don't* sign hardly any FAs themselves.

The way I understand it, since Evans was released he would not count against the number of signed FAs for the purpose of calculating comp picks.

Without Bradford's cap hit the Eagles will be able to afford to keep guys like D Ryans, maybe one of the FAs on D and sign a guy of Evans' stature.

They could then just use one of their 3rd or 4th round picks on a developmental OG.

If they keep Bradford, they could trade down, pick the future Right OT of the future and pencil him in at OG while Peters is still here. They might pick up a 2nd round pick in the process to replace the one sent to St. Louis for Sam.

QUOTE (GroundedBird @ Feb 13 2016, 03:08 PM) *
Not sure what the Eagles will do with their #1. I'm assuming that it won't be used for OG

So... how about this... Get some good but declining FA OGs. (They have to be better than what we currently have)

Use the two third rounders for OG and develop them while using the FAs.

Reality Fan
If they are keeping Bradford than they will likely trade down with their first pick to get a 2nd round pick.....and then load up on O line....I hate to see them use the 13th pick and get a QB who is more likely than not to be a bust...there just is not a QB in the draft who even is sniffing the "good pro QB" air....one or two might become one eventually but they are an uninspiring group again.
GroundedBird
The reason reported for Evan's departure from the Saints appears to be over money.

"This year, they needed to shave as much as possible off the $8.2 million Evans was set to cost them in 2016. Instead, they'll be watching him play football somewhere else"

Not to dampen the mood, but if he's adamant about the $8.2M, then I doubt we can afford him.

link -> Jahri Evans
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.