Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey Z, Get one of These soon
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
https://www.google.com/search?q=sam+adams+h...DbuTo6lnsuqM%3A

The best Sam Holiday pack I've seen.

Got one of these and a 12 pack of Blue Moon Variety Pack.
Zero
The ole ice box is looking a bit bare. Time to repopulate.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 12 2016, 08:45 PM) *
https://www.google.com/search?q=sam+adams+h...DbuTo6lnsuqM%3A

The best Sam Holiday pack I've seen.

Got one of these and a 12 pack of Blue Moon Variety Pack.

Blue Moon? Never figured you for a Coors guy....sellout!!!.... cheers.gif
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Feb 12 2016, 11:44 PM) *
Blue Moon? Never figured you for a Coors guy....sellout!!!.... cheers.gif

There was a time, back in my college days, when Coors was highly sought after in this part of the country. I went to school in Boulder and I'd bring back cases for friends on holidays because there was no distribution east of ... I think the Mississippi but maybe not that far. Like Tastykakes before they went west and south ... Rocky Mountain spring water vs. the Delaware. laugh.gif
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Feb 13 2016, 06:21 AM) *
There was a time, back in my college days, when Coors was highly sought after in this part of the country. I went to school in Boulder and I'd bring back cases for friends on holidays because there was no distribution east of ... I think the Mississippi but maybe not that far. Like Tastykakes before they went west and south ... Rocky Mountain spring water vs. the Delaware. laugh.gif

I am a fan of the banquet beer....call me old school but for a beer snob like Mikey I am shocked.....I thought if it didn't cost $12 a six pack he was not even going to look at it..... tongue.gif
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Feb 13 2016, 10:36 AM) *
I am a fan of the banquet beer....call me old school but for a beer snob like Mikey I am shocked.....I thought if it didn't cost $12 a six pack he was not even going to look at it..... tongue.gif

$12??

What am I in the discount aisle?

Most craft brew sixes are $17-$21 depending on how fancy I want to get!!

As I typed the Blue Moon tidbit above, I thought that I could open myself up for ridicule by yours truly and you did not disappoint.

Here's the story.

Blue Moon was the second craft beer I ever got into. (Sam Adams Boston Lager the first). I drank it often back in the day. Ditched the fruit after while, but I would buy it often. Wheat beers are one of my favorite styles no matter what the season. I got away from them for a few years, but my nephew has just graduated to beginners beer snob status (proud moment) after years of Coors Light ridicule by his Uncle, and he took a liking to Blue Moon. At his kids b-bay parties recently he had some and I had a few and while not as good as Hoegaarden or Allagash White, they were still pretty damn good.

So I go into the beer distributor by work last Saturday intent on buying a variety pack case. And right as you walk in, right near the craft beer aisles, Blue Moon has a free sample table set up, pushing their new Peach ale and IPA. Well who can refuse a free sample? One of the worst beers I remember was Festina Peach by Dogfish Head, however, the Peach Ale by Blue Moon was very good. They ask what I drink and we get to talking and they asked for me to try their variety pack and give me a discount coupon. Now I walk away, not really thinking of buying a variety case of Blue Moon. But, the store sold variety 12 packs (the best idea known to man), and since I wasn't going all in on a Blue Moon case, I figured I know I like two of the four Blue Moon beers in the variety pack so what the heck. Sam Adams and Blue Moon 12 packs it is!!

I'll let you know how they all rate!!

It's post Super Bowl February. I think we'll be talking a lot of beer on this forum given the state of our other teams!!
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 13 2016, 03:58 PM) *
$12??

What am I in the discount aisle?

Most craft brew sixes are $17-$21 depending on how fancy I want to get!!

As I typed the Blue Moon tidbit above, I thought that I could open myself up for ridicule by yours truly and you did not disappoint.

Here's the story.

Blue Moon was the second craft beer I ever got into. (Sam Adams Boston Lager the first). I drank it often back in the day. Ditched the fruit after while, but I would buy it often. Wheat beers are one of my favorite styles no matter what the season. I got away from them for a few years, but my nephew has just graduated to beginners beer snob status (proud moment) after years of Coors Light ridicule by his Uncle, and he took a liking to Blue Moon. At his kids b-bay parties recently he had some and I had a few and while not as good as Hoegaarden or Allagash White, they were still pretty damn good.

So I go into the beer distributor by work last Saturday intent on buying a variety pack case. And right as you walk in, right near the craft beer aisles, Blue Moon has a free sample table set up, pushing their new Peach ale and IPA. Well who can refuse a free sample? One of the worst beers I remember was Festina Peach by Dogfish Head, however, the Peach Ale by Blue Moon was very good. They ask what I drink and we get to talking and they asked for me to try their variety pack and give me a discount coupon. Now I walk away, not really thinking of buying a variety case of Blue Moon. But, the store sold variety 12 packs (the best idea known to man), and since I wasn't going all in on a Blue Moon case, I figured I know I like two of the four Blue Moon beers in the variety pack so what the heck. Sam Adams and Blue Moon 12 packs it is!!

I'll let you know how they all rate!!

It's post Super Bowl February. I think we'll be talking a lot of beer on this forum given the state of our other teams!!

I like blue moon....and Shock Top, though I always order it minus the orange......Shock Top is my beer of choice at the Iron Pigs games and Blue Moon at the Phantoms (where I will be in 3 hours)....I now feel spoiled having 2 of the 4 Philly team's top minor league teams in my back yard and season tix to both....Ironically both are in the 6th row.

There are still some beers from my pretentious beer days...the aforementioned Edmund Fitzgerald Porter..actually stopped in Great Lakes brewpub back in the day while traveling for business..I like Blag Dog Honey Raspberry Ale which is odd because I am not a fruit beer guy or a huge fan of ales. I like Yuengling Porter as well but can't understand why their Black and Tan is not very good...their lager is ok...strange...

So those are my holdovers.....but I am still happy with the banquet beer on a hot summer day
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Feb 13 2016, 04:32 PM) *
I like blue moon....and Shock Top, though I always order it minus the orange......Shock Top is my beer of choice at the Iron Pigs games and Blue Moon at the Phantoms (where I will be in 3 hours)....I now feel spoiled having 2 of the 4 Philly team's top minor league teams in my back yard and season tix to both....Ironically both are in the 6th row.

There are still some beers from my pretentious beer days...the aforementioned Edmund Fitzgerald Porter..actually stopped in Great Lakes brewpub back in the day while traveling for business..I like Blag Dog Honey Raspberry Ale which is odd because I am not a fruit beer guy or a huge fan of ales. I like Yuengling Porter as well but can't understand why their Black and Tan is not very good...their lager is ok...strange...

So those are my holdovers.....but I am still happy with the banquet beer on a hot summer day

If you like the dark raspberry beer, try Great Lakes Alberta Clipper Porter.

It's the Fitz with a little more kick and a splash of raspberry. It'll cost you $4 per bottle in a craft brew store but it's a good one!!

I'm jealous of the Great Lakes Brew Pub visit. I absolutely love their beers, and reasonably priced too.

GL Oktoberfest, Fitz Porter, Holy Moses, Eliott Ness Ale, Alberta Clipper, Dortmunder all good. They say their Conway's Irish Ale is top rate but I've never seen it anywhere. The only one that I surprisingly don't care for is their Christmas Ale. Not a fan of ginger in beer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.