Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jeff Lurie
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2016/02/...e-lost-his-way/

THe biggest concern for me is our trio leading the draft this year:

a GM who was out of scouting for the year

a part time old timer

a rookie HC, who has enough to conquer on the learning curve.

It can't help but hurt come draft day.
Joegrane
And it looks like they could be drafting a QB in the first round.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 10 2016, 08:39 PM) *

a part time old timer

Reality Fan

a part time old timer

Don't worry...they called me up to help them...I will be in the room for the draft....lol

Going to draft a punter in the first round for Donnie to groom....... laugh.gif
SAM I Am

a part time old timer

Jeff pined for the good ole days with Joe Banner and Andy Reid.

And now he has those days again. They just go by two different names, Howie Roseman and Doug Pederson.

It's groundhog day all over again!!!

Dreagon
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Feb 10 2016, 08:08 PM) *
And it looks like they could be drafting a QB in the first round.

Yeah, but if they draft a QB in the first round, that will be the easy part. There are three QBs who grade out as worthy of a high first round pick, and two of those three should be chosen ahead of you. So whoever falls to #13 should automatically be the right choice.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Feb 13 2016, 01:17 AM) *
Yeah, but if they draft a QB in the first round, that will be the easy part. There are three QBs who grade out as worthy of a high first round pick, and two of those three should be chosen ahead of you. So whoever falls to #13 should automatically be the right choice.

Which ever of the three is available at #13 will be the left over, not the right choice. We just have to hope that he turns out to be a good player.

It's reminiscent of 1999, when we had to settle for the second best QB after Cleveland made their choice. They blew it with Couch and we took McNabb which worked out well for us.
Zero
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Feb 13 2016, 06:08 AM) *
Which ever of the three is available at #13 will be the left over, not the right choice. We just have to hope that he turns out to be a good player.

It's reminiscent of 1999, when we had to settle for the second best QB after Cleveland made their choice. They blew it with Couch and we took McNabb which worked out well for us.

And don't forget that players like Marino and Rogers slipped to the bottom of the first round not to mention those who drop to the sixth round. I like what Pederson says about letting the guy learn for a year or two. IMO, that could be the important key to a successful pick. Couch was thrown into starting right off the bat and McNabb had a few months to learn behind Pederson.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Feb 13 2016, 05:08 AM) *

Well, you have to figure that the other two will be chosen for how well they fit that particular teams system, so it's not necessarily a knock against the third.

A couple of weeks ago I would have said that Paxton Lynch had the best chance of falling to you guys, but now I wonder if it may end up being Goff...and he was initially projected as the best and most pro-ready of the three.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.