Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newton leaves presser...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
Rick
Newton barely answered questions then left the presser after the game last night. So, I was one of the guys who defended Newton's celebrations. However, I guess this shows what kind of guy he is. If you're going to celebrate when you succeed, you've got to be prepared to face the music when you fail.

--.clicky<--
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Rick @ Feb 8 2016, 06:16 AM) *
Newton barely answered questions then left the presser after the game last night. So, I was one of the guys who defended Newton's celebrations. However, I guess this shows what kind of guy he is. If you're going to celebrate when you succeed, you've got to be prepared to face the music when you fail.

--.clicky<--

When did he leave, when one of the reporters asked him why he froze then stepped back instead of sticking his nose in there to make an attempt at picking up a fumbled ball that was basically just sitting there right at his feet?
mcnabbulous
Newton acted like a baby after the loss, but I kind it no more obnoxious than Manning shilling Budweiser after the win.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Feb 8 2016, 09:15 AM) *
Newton acted like a baby after the loss, but I kind it no more obnoxious than Manning shilling Budweiser after the win.

yeah? Than why did Budweiser come out and say he was NOT paid to say it? So maybe he actually likes ...um...beer

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14737625...-shill-brand-sb

Damn....don't you ever get tired of being wrong time and time again? Though I am interested in how you spin this trying to make it seem like you are right...
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Feb 8 2016, 08:30 AM) *
yeah? Than why did Budweiser come out and say he was NOT paid to say it? So maybe he actually likes ...um...beer

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14737625...-shill-brand-sb

Damn....don't you ever get tired of being wrong time and time again? Though I am interested in how you spin this trying to make it seem like you are right...

He owns stake in two Budweiser distribution facilities in Louisiana ya dope. You got shilled by a fucking dude that kissed Papa John immediately after winning a super bowl.

Spin that.

CT_Eagle
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Feb 8 2016, 03:30 PM) *
So maybe he actually likes ...um...beer

Sorry but Budweiser and beer should never appear in the same sentence or statement. biggrin.gif
CT_Eagle
I didn't get on Cam for his celebrations during the season because that silliness has been a part of the NFL since Billy "White Shoes" Johnson. I don't like it but bitching about it when it has been part of the game for over 30 years now is a waste of time. With that said, he needs to man up when he loses. Total chump move on his part.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Feb 8 2016, 09:12 AM) *
Sorry but Budweiser and beer should never appear in the same sentence or statement. biggrin.gif

Seriously.

I'm still laughing about this. That post was a microcosm of RF's existence on this board. Unparalleled arrogance with a heavy dose of being wrong.

Thinks a guy who unnecessarily drops the name of a shitty, mass produced beer has no skin in the game. A guy who has a history of inauthentic product shilling.

Good, good stuff. Thanks for the laugh, RF.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Feb 8 2016, 09:14 AM) *
I didn't get on Cam for his celebrations during the season because that silliness has been a part of the NFL since Billy "White Shoes" Johnson. I don't like it but bitching about it when it has been part of the game for over 30 years now is a waste of time. With that said, he needs to man up when he loses. Total chump move on his part.

Yeah he acted like a baby. It's probably stupid to have the losing team immediately come out and answer generic questions about the loss in the biggest game of their lives, especially within earshot of the winning team talking about their utter domination, but Cam could have handled it better.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Feb 8 2016, 10:12 AM) *

completely agree
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Feb 8 2016, 10:17 AM) *
Seriously.

I'm still laughing about this. That post was a microcosm of RF's existence on this board. Unparalleled arrogance with a heavy dose of being wrong.

Thinks a guy who unnecessarily drops the name of a shitty, mass produced beer has no skin in the game. A guy who has a history of inauthentic product shilling.

Good, good stuff. Thanks for the laugh, RF.

You want a microcosm about something? How about a guy who makes idiotic statements about basic tenets of the geam of football demonstrating that his only experience with the sport was stratomatic in the basement and then vigorously defends those points with one defense more inane than the next....
Or who pontificates on the draft as a Mel Kiper wannabee(though who would want to be?) and is so routinely wrong it is laughable? (and your draft analysis would not be so annoying if it was stated as opinion rather than fact)

That my good man, is you.....I can be annoying pointing out when you are wrong...but it is only because you are wrong so often that it is annoying.

But you are right...oh wait...

And of all the investments that Manning has and he has a ton....his biggest concern after winning a SB and knowing that every camera on the planet would be on him in this situation decided he would forego any other lucrative deal to mention any other product looking for an endorsement and made 3 million dollars while still maintaining his minority stake in a distributor (by the way...Bud could not even confirm that he still had an interest in them...the article reporting it was 2 years old)for a beer already advertised during the SB....yep...that makes great sense...you really are bright....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-l...ng-paid-for-it/

Idiot
Reality Fan

I completely agree....but apparently some folks like it....I would rather go without than drink it...
nd9kel
Gazillions of $'s of sales proves all you anti-Bud drinkers are idiots...lol.

Staying on track with the thread topic: Peyton spent an hour with the press after he lost a Super Bowl, so yeah, Cam's a baby.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nd9kel @ Feb 8 2016, 12:28 PM) *
Gazillions of $'s of sales proves all you anti-Bud drinkers are idiots...lol.

Staying on track with the thread topic: Peyton spent an hour with the press after he lost a Super Bowl, so yeah, Cam's a baby.

hahaha...I was waiting to see how long it took for a Bud drinker to chime in...lol...for the record, my craft beer days are behind me and though I do go out of my way for Great lakes Brewing Edmund Fitzgerald porter my go to beer is Miller Lite....so yes...I am likely an idiot.

In fairness to Cam, he at least took some of the blame in what little he said. It did look like he was ready to explode. He looked like he wanted to hit someone...
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Feb 8 2016, 10:18 AM) *
You want a microcosm about something? How about a guy who makes idiotic statements about basic tenets of the geam of football demonstrating that his only experience with the sport was stratomatic in the basement and then vigorously defends those points with one defense more inane than the next....
Or who pontificates on the draft as a Mel Kiper wannabee(though who would want to be?) and is so routinely wrong it is laughable? (and your draft analysis would not be so annoying if it was stated as opinion rather than fact)

That my good man, is you.....I can be annoying pointing out when you are wrong...but it is only because you are wrong so often that it is annoying.

But you are right...oh wait...

And of all the investments that Manning has and he has a ton....his biggest concern after winning a SB and knowing that every camera on the planet would be on him in this situation decided he would forego any other lucrative deal to mention any other product looking for an endorsement and made 3 million dollars while still maintaining his minority stake in a distributor (by the way...Bud could not even confirm that he still had an interest in them...the article reporting it was 2 years old)for a beer already advertised during the SB....yep...that makes great sense...you really are bright....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-l...ng-paid-for-it/

Idiot

Changing the subject [check]
Babbling run on sentence [check]
Doubling down on Manning not being a corporate shill [check]

I bet Peyton likes the taste of Budweiser the way he loves the taste of cardboard....errr Papa John's.

You think the guy went out of his way, three different times, to mention Budweiser for no personal gain. And you question my intelligence.

The guy will be in a Budweiser commercial within the next 12 months, guaranteed.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Feb 8 2016, 02:05 PM) *
Changing the subject [check]
Babbling run on sentence [check]
Doubling down on Manning not being a corporate shill [check]

I bet Peyton likes the taste of Budweiser the way he loves the taste of cardboard....errr Papa John's.

You think the guy went out of his way, three different times, to mention Budweiser for no personal gain. And you question my intelligence.

The guy will be in a Budweiser commercial within the next 12 months, guaranteed.

You just love to make yourself look silly..

So riddle me this batman....you brought up his interest in a distributor.....so why did he also mention drinking beer in one of his pressers without mentioning any brand? Or did you miss that while you were doing your draft analysis?
Is that changing the subject Mel? No, changing the subject would be reminding everyone how only that metric you like is good to evaluate a player while all the metrics everyone else uses including every pro scout and personnel guy on the planet uses those you disparage because they make the many points you make look idiotic.

Now back to the big question...besides not mentioning Bud in a presser he mentioned drinking beer in (it was pointed out in the article I linked but I guess you missed it because it hurts your premise...typical) ...if he was going to do this for a sponsorship move....why do it unpaid.....Bud already advertised on the SB.....he was getting paid regardless if he still has an interest in the aforementioned "interest" he has in a distributor.....and we still don't know what that is yet or if he still owns it.....but why not shill for something else and pocket the 3 million? Answer that question.....or go back to draft analysis

Oh...and air kissing John Schnatter who happens to be a friend and business partner could not have been because they are friends and business partners...how do you think he is on the field?....and maybe him sitting in a chair as the cameras found him drinking gatorade was jst for gatorade.....and when he went to the bathroom....you get the picture....

You know...in the end maybe he did do it but it seems improbable for the very reason you think he did....money......he could have done the same for countless sponsors and gotten immediate and significant cash....his stake in any distributor...if he still owns it will not see that immediate (if any) significant return on that stake......unless you are saying that his plug would cause the trickle down to his stake so significantly that he would do better than the 3 million he could have made....there are 12 distributors in La. so that further waters down his return....

All kidding aside...are you or were you a college professor?.....I have seen this logic stream before...
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Feb 8 2016, 10:17 AM) *
Unparalleled arrogance with a heavy dose of being wrong.

Project much? Though 'arrogant' isn't the right word for you, you're more of a cross between a pest and a narcissist. I honestly can't remember one time you've been right about anything. Statistically speaking, you should get SOMETHING right every now and then from the draft, or coaching moves, or anything at all. Then again, your audacious 'Carolina should win, but Denver probably will' prediction came true. laugh.gif
The Franchise
He revealed himself to be the immature child he is last night. It's a shame, because I liked him. What a punk bitch. At least he didn't blame Manning's 'white privilege.'

McDermott's defense did their job - Newton blew this one.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Feb 8 2016, 02:05 PM) *
You just love to make yourself look silly..

So riddle me this batman....you brought up his interest in a distributor.....so why did he also mention drinking beer in one of his pressers without mentioning any brand? Or did you miss that while you were doing your draft analysis?

I'm not sure what your point is. Because he mentioned beer a third time, without specifically mentioning Budweiser, that he wasn't shilling for them? Maybe someone from the NFL was in his ear reminding him how it's against league rules to have an alcohol sponsorship?

Is that changing the subject Mel? No, changing the subject would be reminding everyone how only that metric you like is good to evaluate a player while all the metrics everyone else uses including every pro scout and personnel guy on the planet uses those you disparage because they make the many points you make look idiotic.

You're a horrible writer. I really can't make sense of this statement.

Now back to the big question...besides not mentioning Bud in a presser he mentioned drinking beer in (it was pointed out in the article I linked but I guess you missed it because it hurts your premise...typical) ...

For the life of me, and maybe because you're so terrible at writing, I can't make sense of this either. The article you posted clearly states that in a separate press conference, he specifically made mention of Bud Light. “What’s weighing on my mind,” he said then, “is how soon I can get a Bud Light in my mouth.” Sure, not shilling for Budweiser. I guess you got me.

if he was going to do this for a sponsorship move....why do it unpaid.....Bud already advertised on the SB.....he was getting paid regardless if he still has an interest in the aforementioned "interest" he has in a distributor.....and we still don't know what that is yet or if he still owns it.....but why not shill for something else and pocket the 3 million? Answer that question.....or go back to draft analysis

I don't think you know how advertising works. Sure, Bud already advertised during the SB, but if he owns a stake...then more advertising is good. Especially coming directly from him.

I don't know what his rational was for mentioning Budweiser, but I suspect it would have been tougher to fit Nationwide into the conversation. Rest assured, if Peyton could have, he would.

But sure, you go about your merry way thinking one of the biggest corporate shills of all time was dropping a specific brand, by name, for no reason. You're literally the only one that believes that is the case.

Oh...and air kissing John Schnatter who happens to be a friend and business partner could not have been because they are friends and business partners...how do you think he is on the field?....and maybe him sitting in a chair as the cameras found him drinking gatorade was jst for gatorade.....and when he went to the bathroom....you get the picture....

Maybe, but...wait no fucking way. He's a shill.
Rick
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Feb 8 2016, 10:19 AM) *
Yeah he acted like a baby. It's probably stupid to have the losing team immediately come out and answer generic questions about the loss in the biggest game of their lives, especially within earshot of the winning team talking about their utter domination, but Cam could have handled it better.

They've had to do this EVERY Super Bowl. The losing QB/players always do this.

No excuse.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Feb 8 2016, 02:19 PM) *
Then again, your audacious 'Carolina should win, but Denver probably will' prediction came true. laugh.gif

What is audacious about that? I believed Carolina was the better team, but because of the circumstances (most notably the significant advantage Denver had in crowd attendance) I thought the Broncos would win.

I was pretty damn clear about it, actually.

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Feb 7 2016, 12:48 PM) *
I really think the location element is somewhat understated. Carolina has to travel across the country and I would bet it's at least an 80% Denver fans. Maybe more.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Rick @ Feb 8 2016, 03:19 PM) *

No excuse.

It might not be a good excuse, but it doesn't change the fact that the NFL's policy is stupid.

I saw a video posted today where Cam was sitting there as one of the Broncos CB's was talking shit. You have these adrenaline filled dudes after an emotional experience in a silly situation. He could have handled it better, but the situation is stupid.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Feb 8 2016, 02:21 PM) *
McDermott's defense did their job

Do they give rings for second place? Poor guy had to deal with your stupid ass crowning him before the game.
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Feb 8 2016, 04:25 PM) *
Do they give rings for second place? Poor guy had to deal with your stupid ass crowning him before the game.

I thought the Panthers would win a close game. I took Denver with the points and won! You're so desperate to score any kind of victory against me that you're holding on to this? I could care less about McD winning a ring there, I want him here.

Nobody you like will ever win a ring.
Phits
QUOTE (Rick @ Feb 8 2016, 04:19 PM) *

They don't normally do it within ear shot of opposing teams. The NFL did a poor job with regards to this.

Here's what Harris said: "Load the box, force y'all to throw the ball. Can you throw the football? That was the gameplan."

Now watch this video of Cam listening to Harris' words before walking off.

Video Link

The words alone aren't scathing, but under the circumstance I can only imagine how Cam must have felt. With emotions running high, it's always better to walk away (from that kind of situation) than to say/do something that you will regret.
Phits
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Feb 8 2016, 03:21 PM) *
McDermott's defense did their job

It's not hard to do "your job" when facing an anemic offense. The Panther's D wasn't great. Denver's offense was just that bad. If Brock was playing in place of Manning this would have been a Denver blowout. I hope Manning retires before he tarnishes his legacy with another season of poor play. Nick Foles got benched for putting up the same kind of numbers as Peyton did this season.
Rick
QUOTE (Phits @ Feb 8 2016, 04:39 PM) *
They don't normally do it within ear shot of opposing teams. The NFL did a poor job with regards to this.

Video Link

The words alone aren't scathing, but under the circumstance I can only imagine how Cam must have felt. With emotions running high, it's always better to walk away (from that kind of situation) than to say/do something that you will regret.

It doesn't matter. He is the face of an NFL franchise that just went to the SB. He signed a $100 million contract. He is--in some ways--the face of the NFL. It was classless on every level. He wants to have fun when he succeeds, well, you've got to take it when you fail as well.

There are many things about NFL press conferences that are stupid, not the least of which that you can NEVER hear the actual questions from the people asking them, just the answers.

Sorry but Cam lost a lot of respect from me--and many others--with his pouting and walking off. As I told someone else who was defending him, if one of the kids I coach acted like that after a loss they'd be running until I got tired of watching them...and I don't get tired watching them run...
Phits
QUOTE (Rick @ Feb 8 2016, 04:50 PM) *
Sorry but Cam lost a lot of respect from me--and many others--with his pouting and walking off. As I told someone else who was defending him, if one of the kids I coach acted like that after a loss they'd be running until I got tired of watching them...and I don't get tired watching them run...

He was smiles on the field after the loss, clearly something set him off before or during the post game press conf.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Rick @ Feb 8 2016, 03:50 PM) *
It was classless on every level.

Don't think it was classless. Just immature. He didn't handle the loss well, nor the environment in which things were being conducted. I don't think that calls into question his class.

I would argue that not shaking your opponents hands after defeat is a bigger sign of poor sportsmanship. The reason this is a big deal is because he didn't give the journalists what they want...and they're the ones writing the articles.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Feb 8 2016, 04:06 PM) *
He was smiles on the field after the loss, clearly something set him off before or during the post game press conf.

Surely what set him off was the stupid procedural, "how did you feel after the loss" type of bullshit questioning that happens.

He could have handled it better, but it is being overblown...per usual.
Dreagon
I lost a lot of respect for him over that.

I remember a long time ago when another quarterback for the opposing team, John Elway, had to answer questions on two different occasions after blowout losses. Not just losses, but utter wipeouts. Yet he handled himself with class and even congratulated the other team. Come to think of it, I think on most occasions the losing QB of the Super Bowl showed the class and leadership that got him to the game in the first place.

So while I don't think Newton should be forever vilified for this, I don't think he should be given a pass for simple immaturity either.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Feb 8 2016, 04:17 PM) *
I'm not sure what your point is. Because he mentioned beer a third time, without specifically mentioning Budweiser, that he wasn't shilling for them? Maybe someone from the NFL was in his ear reminding him how it's against league rules to have an alcohol sponsorship?

You're a horrible writer. I really can't make sense of this statement.

For the life of me, and maybe because you're so terrible at writing, I can't make sense of this either. The article you posted clearly states that in a separate press conference, he specifically made mention of Bud Light. “What’s weighing on my mind,” he said then, “is how soon I can get a Bud Light in my mouth.” Sure, not shilling for Budweiser. I guess you got me.

I don't think you know how advertising works. Sure, Bud already advertised during the SB, but if he owns a stake...then more advertising is good. Especially coming directly from him.

I don't know what his rational was for mentioning Budweiser, but I suspect it would have been tougher to fit Nationwide into the conversation. Rest assured, if Peyton could have, he would.

But sure, you go about your merry way thinking one of the biggest corporate shills of all time was dropping a specific brand, by name, for no reason. You're literally the only one that believes that is the case.

Maybe, but...wait no fucking way. He's a shill.

You mean like all those "I am going to Disney"guys

They did not seem to have a problem fitting that in...lol

That is my point...the financial gain from saying Bud unpaid seems something well beneath the financial IQ of Manning....he used to own a stake in 2 of the 12 distributors in La....an up tick in their sales would be inconsequential to his bottom line there.

and no, I am not the only one....but you are typical of the twitterverse and social media mentality that lives to go crazy over every little thing...you live for the hot topic no matter how silly it is and then, when you are wrong, you vanish as if it never happened...
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Feb 8 2016, 04:44 PM) *
It's not hard to do "your job" when facing an anemic offense. The Panther's D wasn't great. Denver's offense was just that bad. If Brock was playing in place of Manning this would have been a Denver blowout. I hope Manning retires before he tarnishes his legacy with another season of poor play. Nick Foles got benched for putting up the same kind of numbers as Peyton did this season.

That thought did go through my mind.....Osweiler
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Feb 8 2016, 05:10 PM) *
and no, I am not the only one....but you are typical of the twitterverse and social media mentality that lives to go crazy over every little thing...you live for the hot topic no matter how silly it is and then, when you are wrong, you vanish as if it never happened...

I'm hardly going crazy over it. I just think Manning is a douchey corporate shill, which he has proven time and time again. The simple fact that he's good buddies with Papa John (another douchebag) tells me everything I need to know about the guy.

Rick
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Feb 8 2016, 05:07 PM) *
Don't think it was classless. Just immature. He didn't handle the loss well, nor the environment in which things were being conducted. I don't think that calls into question his class.

I would argue that not shaking your opponents hands after defeat is a bigger sign of poor sportsmanship. The reason this is a big deal is because he didn't give the journalists what they want...and they're the ones writing the articles.

No, the reason it's a big deal is that it was immature.

And shaking hands mean NOTHING if you don't MEAN it.

It amazes me that anyone wants to give him a pass on this. Look, it sucks to lose. I've never lost a SB but I'm sure it sucks even MORE than a regular season game. Add to that everyone is asking you questions about why you lost, I get it, it sucks but, it amazes me that other people who also lost can take the questions, answer them with more than monotone one-word answers and they didn't walk off in the middle of the interview. But it's ok for Cam Newton to do this.

It was totally classless and ridiculous. I hope the Carolina front office gets on his ass about it. Maybe he'll learn you have to be gracious when you're in the position he's in.
Rick
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Feb 8 2016, 05:09 PM) *
Surely what set him off was the stupid procedural, "how did you feel after the loss" type of bullshit questioning that happens.

He could have handled it better, but it is being overblown...per usual.

I don't remember Kelly acting like this after losing the SB FOUR TIMES....
Rick
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Feb 8 2016, 06:14 PM) *
I'm hardly going crazy over it. I just think Manning is a douchey corporate shill, which he has proven time and time again. The simple fact that he's good buddies with Papa John (another douchebag) tells me everything I need to know about the guy.

It always amazes me when people always tear people like Manning down because (GASP!) he actually gets paid to endorse things! If you or I or anyone else around here had the opportunity, rest assured, we'd all take it as well. Almost EVERYTHING you see on TV is promoting something else. You think it was a coincidence Cold Play was playing at the HT show and that they have an album coming out?

So what if they endorse stuff. Apparently, the companies paying them money to endorse things seem to think it's worth it. So what...
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Feb 8 2016, 07:14 PM) *

Let me guess - you're a Sanders supporter? It's amazing watching ignorant douchebags complain about people with money using their talents/intelligence to make more money. Sorry mom's check hasn't cleared yet this month.

The NFL is a corporation you idiot. They make money by cross-promoting other companies, such as Papa John's. Cam Newton is one of the main faces of that corporation, and if I was the commissioner I would've already made a few phone calls and would fine his ass hard.

Manning owns 21 Papa John's locations in Colorado. He's friends and business partners with John Schattner, and from the looks of it, 'Papa John' was wearing a Broncos shirt. It's frustrating explaining basic economics, marketing your skills, and having friends to you, especially knowing I'm wasting my time. But Newton acted in a disgraceful manner yesterday - and the only people whining about Manning's actions are idiots who spend all day on their Iphones/Ipads/Twitter/Tablets/etc. railing against the system that allows you to live the lifestyle you do.
Phits
QUOTE (Rick @ Feb 8 2016, 06:25 PM) *
And shaking hands mean NOTHING if you don't MEAN it.

That's why acknowledging your opponent on the field (one on one) is more important than the post game press conference.
nephillymike

Agree!!
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Rick @ Feb 8 2016, 05:29 PM) *
It always amazes me when people always tear people like Manning down because (GASP!) he actually gets paid to endorse things! If you or I or anyone else around here had the opportunity, rest assured, we'd all take it as well. Almost EVERYTHING you see on TV is promoting something else. You think it was a coincidence Cold Play was playing at the HT show and that they have an album coming out?

So what if they endorse stuff. Apparently, the companies paying them money to endorse things seem to think it's worth it. So what...

I don't give a shit about guys doing endorsements. In fact, I'm a huge supporter of athletes getting paid. Manning just endorses the shittiest products known to man.

nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Feb 8 2016, 01:32 PM) *
hahaha...I was waiting to see how long it took for a Bud drinker to chime in...lol...for the record, my craft beer days are behind me and though I do go out of my way for Great lakes Brewing Edmund Fitzgerald porter my go to beer is Miller Lite....so yes...I am likely an idiot.

In fairness to Cam, he at least took some of the blame in what little he said. It did look like he was ready to explode. He looked like he wanted to hit someone...

How the hell can you mention a great beer like Great Lakes Edmund Fitz Porter and Miller Lite in the same sentence!!

Save the Fitz Porter for me cause I sure as hell ain't accepting my bet payoff with Miller Lite!!

This is by far the most baffling thing you ever posted. mad.gif
Rick
QUOTE (Phits @ Feb 8 2016, 06:38 PM) *
That's why acknowledging your opponent on the field (one on one) is more important than the post game press conference.

Regardless, it doesn't mean you can be a tool when answering questions from the press...something which is REQUIRED of you if you're in the NFL...
nephillymike
That presser yesterday was similar to his pressers last year after losses.

When times get tough, character shines brightest.

Neither the result of the game or the presser afterwards surprised me at all.

Did nobody pay attention last year?
Rick
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Feb 8 2016, 08:02 PM) *
I don't give a shit about guys doing endorsements. In fact, I'm a huge supporter of athletes getting paid. Manning just endorses the shittiest products known to man.

So, because you don't like the products he endorses, he's a douchebag? Got it...
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Rick @ Feb 8 2016, 07:08 PM) *
So, because you don't like the products he endorses, he's a douchebag? Got it...

You're judged by the company you keep
Phits
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 8 2016, 08:08 PM) *
When times get tough, character shines brightest.

It's only a game. HIs work within the community and charity work says much more about his character than a post game press conference.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Feb 8 2016, 07:48 PM) *
It's only a game. HIs work within the community and charity work says much more about his character than a post game press conference.

No shit man. Based on the picture you posted, he looked pretty gracious in defeat. Sitting around within earshot of opposing players talking shit on his game obviously didn't sit well.

Hardly an indictment of his character.
Pila
It's a polarizing world. Everyone is entirely too eager to characterize his brother over sparing moments few get to experience.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 8 2016, 08:02 PM) *
How the hell can you mention a great beer like Great Lakes Edmund Fitz Porter and Miller Lite in the same sentence!!

Save the Fitz Porter for me cause I sure as hell ain't accepting my bet payoff with Miller Lite!!

This is by far the most baffling thing you ever posted. mad.gif

I know, I know...I wrestle with the hypocrisy myself...... hunch.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.