Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Super Bowl prediction?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
SAM I Am
You know. That game we go to once every 20 years or so and lose.

How can you not like the panthers in this one?

But with that said, denver has a pretty darn good defense, and I think the crafty ole denver qb still has a little something in the tank and up his sleeve, and keeps it close --- for you degenerate gamblers to win big $$$ if you take them and the 5 points --- but not close enough to win the game.

panthers 27 - 24

And since the O/U is 44, I guess that means I'm taking the over, even though I don't gamble.

Actually, that isn't completely true. I do participate in a block pool each year --- $250 a block. Every time the score changes, somebody wins a grand, starting with the guy/gal who was lucky enough to draw the numbers 0 and 0.

Unfortunately for me, I have AFC 8 and NFC 0.

Even though we aren't there, once again, it is the championship game of the best sport in the world so, enjoy!!!
nephillymike
I'm going to guess the opposite, 27-24 DEN.

I think DEN defense is much better than given credit for and there's an old betting trend to bet against teams that have won extremely big the both previous weeks.

I am in block pools, goofy pools, playing Texas Holdem pregame.

Football, gambling, beer, food, family and friends.

A good day indeed.
mcnabbulous
Carolina seems to be the better team, but the extra week of prep benefits old man Peyton. There are significantly more Denver fans out in the Bay Area this week.

I think Carolina should win, but I think Denver will.
Phits
Truth be told it would be great to see Manning go out on top. He's been a great QB, but I can't see Denver winning this one. Peyton is a shell of his former self. Carolina can force him into making mistakes. On the flip side, as good as Denver's defense is reputed to be, Cam is good enough to get his opportunities and make the opposition pay.
Reality Fan
I am with Mikey.....I think Denver has a markedly better defense....Carolina played against a terrified Carson Palmer while Denver terrorized the Pats...something not often done.

I say Denver wins 27-17.....their defense is playing lights out right now and they seemed very focused
Rick
Teams who had the #1 ranked defense (overall) are 9-2 in the big game. However, I wonder how many times that team has played a team with a defense that's almost as good?

Also, Denver dominated the Patriots but they aren't playing a non-mobile QB like Brady. Cam Newton is a pretty good QB when throwing but he's downright outrageous when he's running on top of that. He's very fast and huge. I don't know that Denver is stopping him like they did Brady.

On paper, I can actually see how it might be a close game--hopefully, it is--but it certainly looks like Carolina should crush them. I think the only unknown is whether Newton feels the pressure and makes a couple/few mistakes early and whether Denver can capitalize. I can see Cam having the jitters but their defense is too good and Denver's offense is not all that good so I believe it'll be hard for them to take advantage of mistakes.

Anyway, I'm saying Carolina in a rout but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a close game. I'll be surprised if Denver wins though.

Phits
QUOTE (Rick @ Feb 7 2016, 12:51 PM) *
I can see Cam having the jitters

I'm wondering about this for Peyton. He has a habit of underperforming as the season wears on. Hopefully he doesn't mishandle the first snap.....

Anyway, I'm saying Carolina in a rout but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a close game. I'll be surprised if Denver wins though.

Yep.
mcnabbulous
I really think the location element is somewhat understated. Carolina has to travel across the country and I would bet it's at least an 80% Denver fans. Maybe more.
nephillymike
I'm out boys!!

Got visions of a royal flush win in a big pot and a great SB game.

Have fun and be safe.

Catch yuze on the other side.
Dreagon
It's halftime so its a little late for a prediction. I would have gone with Carolina as a strong favorite, but I didn't expect the Denver defense to be this good. They are legit.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Feb 7 2016, 07:51 PM) *
It's halftime so its a little late for a prediction. I would have gone with Carolina as a strong favorite, but I didn't expect the Denver defense to be this good. They are legit.

Carolina's awful wide receivers are killing them in this game. It took all season, but it's finally biting them in the ass.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Feb 7 2016, 09:43 PM) *
Carolina's awful wide receivers are killing them in this game. It took all season, but it's finally biting them in the ass.

Newton over or under throwing them did not help matters....the pressure he faced was brutal, as I predicted...

and Thomas did not exactly help Manning...
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Feb 7 2016, 10:35 PM) *
Newton over or under throwing them did not help matters....the pressure he faced was brutal, as I predicted...

and Thomas did not exactly help Manning...

Cam didn't play well, but Ginn was pathetic. That interception was on Ginn.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Feb 7 2016, 11:48 PM) *
Cam didn't play well, but Ginn was pathetic. That interception was on Ginn.

I also noticed on more than one occasion after catching the ball, he was content to step out of bounds instead of trying to extend the play.

Maybe he just decided it wasn't worth taking the hit for a couple of extra yards.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.