Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Demarco not happy....
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
per Ian Rapoport:

The Eagles and DeMarco Murray seem headed toward a stare-down regarding his future, how to proceed. He is not happy at this point in Philadelphia. However, to actually cut him, it would be a $13 million cap charge

Linc...

Boo effin' hoo ... with a new regime in place and no games/practices/training camp, how can any player be unhappy? I can understand if Chip was still here. Murray belly ached to the owner and (presumably) helped shift the power struggle and he's still unhappy? Sounds like he was a Cowboy interloper.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Feb 4 2016, 01:56 PM) *
per Ian Rapoport:

Linc...

Boo effin' hoo ... with a new regime in place and no games/practices/training camp, how can any player be unhappy? I can understand if Chip was still here. Murray belly ached to the owner and (presumably) helped shift the power struggle and he's still unhappy? Sounds like he was a Cowboy interloper.

Why do you just take this as true and start ripping the guy...he has already been quoted in another report saying the exact opposite today.....

There is no source quoted by Ian "I am usually wrong" Rappaport
Phits
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Feb 4 2016, 02:03 PM) *
Why do you just take this as true and start ripping the guy...he has already been quoted in another report saying the exact opposite today.....

There is no source quoted by Ian "I am usually wrong" Rappaport

I don't like him. I think we drastically over paid for him. I don't value the RB position as a high paying skilled position. I think we could/can use multiple backs to effect successful results. I would not be displeased if his ass went packing. I don't like him crying to the owner and expecting/wanting more touches even as he continuously underperformed.

The worst signing of last off-season. I have no problem with trading him, even if it's for a low pick. As long as we can off-load his contract....even partially.

I haven't seen any other report posted today which states the 'exact opposite'. Do you have a link?
Phits
Murray says he wants to be back....which might be a lie. He knows being a malcontent will affect his potential landing spots.

"I do, I do [want to be back]. Obviously, itís something for me, thatís not the lasting impression I want to leave in my mouth and the fans and my family, anyone. I take football very, very serious, itís my life. I love it, besides my family and my faith, obviously. I never want to leave off on a note like I did last year, so Iím working tremendously harder to try and improve from an individual standpoint and a team standpoint as well."

Linc...

However, Dez Bryant wants Murray back as a Cowboy

@JasonWitten @tonyromo @DeMarcoMurray come on home http://D.Moe #cowboys

Linc..
Joegrane
So he is missing his glory days in Big D. He chose the big payday instead. It is unfortunate for us and our salary cap too.

He has to be happy that Chip is gone. They'll surely beef up the O Line. Unfortunately if Bradford is not back opposing defenses will take their chances with Sanchez and the mediocre WRs. There will be an extra man in the box on running downs.

However if we have an Andy Reed clone calling the plays, they'll use lots of short passing. Murray can contribute to that just fine.

I think Murray will have a good year. He'll surely have fresh legs.

QUOTE (Phits @ Feb 4 2016, 03:41 PM) *
Murray says he wants to be back....which might be a lie. He knows being a malcontent will affect his potential landing spots.

Linc...

Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Feb 4 2016, 02:12 PM) *
I don't like him. I think we drastically over paid for him. I don't value the RB position as a high paying skilled position. I think we could/can use multiple backs to effect successful results. I would not be displeased if his ass went packing. I don't like him crying to the owner and expecting/wanting more touches even as he continuously underperformed.

The worst signing of last off-season. I have no problem with trading him, even if it's for a low pick. As long as we can off-load his contract....even partially.

I haven't seen any other report posted today which states the 'exact opposite'. Do you have a link?

http://mobile.philly.com/beta?wss=/philly/...mp;id=367713181

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2016/2/...-interview-back

So you don't like him so it must be true? and since Ian Rappaport said it, again..it must be true?

Perhaps you forget his "Rothels berger expects to be traded" report

What is funny is listening to all the dopes who forget all the stupid things Rappaport has said in the past and taking this as gospel...basically saying Murray is guilty until proven innocent....
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Feb 4 2016, 03:41 PM) *

Linc...

Linc..

and it may be the truth......but you know better?
Phits
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Feb 4 2016, 05:02 PM) *
and it may be the truth......but you know better?

Nope, but where there's smoke there's fire.
Phits
Do you know a sports reporter that has been right 100% of the time? Then again with all of your 'connections' you probably have better insight.

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Feb 4 2016, 05:01 PM) *
http://mobile.philly.com/beta?wss=/philly/...mp;id=367713181

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2016/2/...-interview-back

So you don't like him so it must be true? and since Ian Rappaport said it, again..it must be true?

Perhaps you forget his "Rothels berger expects to be traded" report

What is funny is listening to all the dopes who forget all the stupid things Rappaport has said in the past and taking this as gospel...basically saying Murray is guilty until proven innocent....

Phits
If we can get a tackling dummy for him, I'll be fine with that.

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Feb 4 2016, 04:20 PM) *
So he is missing his glory days in Big D. He chose the big payday instead. It is unfortunate for us and our salary cap too.

He has to be happy that Chip is gone. They'll surely beef up the O Line. Unfortunately if Bradford is not back opposing defenses will take their chances with Sanchez and the mediocre WRs. There will be an extra man in the box on running downs.

However if we have an Andy Reed clone calling the plays, they'll use lots of short passing. Murray can contribute to that just fine.

I think Murray will have a good year. He'll surely have fresh legs.

Zero
Just to enter some (supposed) facts into this, if the Eagles cut him after June 1 they carry $8,000,000 dead money and have $0 cap hit this year. If they trade him that $8 mil is split, $4 this year and $4 mil carried as dead money. If they cut him before June 1 his cap hit is $5 mil and the dead money is $13 mil.
Joegrane
What do you mean by "$0 cap hit this year?"

"Simply put: Dead money is the salary cap space a team must allocate to a particular player who has been cut. It serves as a device to ensure that every dollar a team has paid players is eventually allocated to that team's salary cap. "
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1566775...t-of-dead-money

QUOTE (Zero @ Feb 4 2016, 06:32 PM) *
Just to enter some (supposed) facts into this, if the Eagles cut him after June 1 they carry $8,000,000 dead money and have $0 cap hit this year. If they trade him that $8 mil is split, $4 this year and $4 mil carried as dead money. If they cut him before June 1 his cap hit is $5 mil and the dead money is $13 mil.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Feb 4 2016, 05:48 PM) *
Do you know a sports reporter that has been right 100% of the time? Then again with all of your 'connections' you probably have better insight.

Did I say I did? You are the idiot that, in spite of the players direct denial decide that a rumor started by a guy who also started the Ben Rothelsberger is set to be traded by Pittsburgh rumor (which was soundly crushed by the beat guys in Pittsburgh as pure tripe) must be true because you don't like the guy. Yeah...that makes sense....

And I am sorry you don't like that I know a few players and an agent(though the agent is really, really low in the pecking order)....I guess that is another one of my "privileges'...it happens when you are a nice guy with a wide circle of friends....

And, sadly, most reporters are often wrong because they try to be the first to get anything and they rarely corroborate it...Rappaport has been wrong on some big stories...
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Feb 4 2016, 06:32 PM) *

The dead money is a cap hit.....it is 8 million less they would have to spend this year
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Feb 4 2016, 10:36 PM) *
The dead money is a cap hit.....it is 8 million less they would have to spend this year

Yeah, I was going to say I didn't know how the dead money worked but figured someone would clean it up for me.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Feb 4 2016, 05:48 PM) *

And now the network that the brilliant reporter works for has come out meekly and said Murray has not asked to be traded

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadel...rn-philadelphia
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.